Oceania Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oceania Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand19 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
Working on the Evolve Project, the project is about implementing a software solution called eCase to a combination of 45 Rest Homes and Retirement Villages throughout the country. Varied tasks that include uploading of resident documents to gallery, training staff, providing support and system configuration.
Overall good
Would like to work for oceania again
Very good people to work with

Good team and management

Awesome residents

Good working conditions

Always got your breaks when needed
Excellent
Oceania is a good company to work.Giving a flexible time of duty hours.Starting from the manager, administration, nurses, health care assistant and the rest are all excellent.
great company
found these guys great to work for got me off the benefit when my oldest son was very young and the money was needed due to extreamly high living costs at the time and my sons medical conditions.
Pros
free petrol and paid on time
Cons
sometimes not enough hours work
Working as a new graduate
I had good support from the management as I was a new Graduate. The senior nurses are also friendly and informative. The only problem was we are alway shorts staff and the pressure to work on days off.
Humanitarian and core team place
A team is what can easily define Eden Village work environment, It is usual to find staff from different departments working together from time to time on different tasks.
Nice place to work
One of leading company in rest home and senior healthcare management I really enjoyed working, nice place to work nice team and management, believe on change and automation and respect human intelligence and respect the ideas. believe in diversity.
Profit driven healthcare
Company was providing oportunities for personal training.
The most enjoyable part of the work were the interactions with the residents.

I didn't like the profit driven culture and low wages to the personal.
Pros
morning tea
Cons
low wages
takes a lot of hardwork
salary is minimum. plenty of shifts available once regular workers go on holiday. residential home but hospital care clients. no rooms for growth in career.
Fun place to work with
Productive and Fun place to work with. Team effort is always there. Everyone helps each other. Management supports the staff. Diverse culture. Hardest part of the job is getting to attached to some of the residents. Theres always the favourites.
Productive and fun working enviroment
Oceania Health Care is an amazing company and looks after their staff well. Good team work, passion and spirit. You can gain a lot with this company and no one day is the same.
Pros
Years of Service awards
Cons
Love all culture team work respect and manners and be treated equally will make a good work enivroment
Just love everything pretty much love nursing the company uniforms the ferzilities are huge good food nice good people to work pay is good more shifts for the works plus ungrading skills while working can do courses and training while working which is awesome can even bring your own skills to study to be RN
Pros
Maybe jus the mains day Xmas Nd specials day staff gets a gifts maybe free lunch
Cons
Yes more hours work and overtimes
Productive, very tasking
Typical day at work is always very busy, full of multi-tasking activities as a registered nurse. Effective time management and proper tasks prioritizing are very important to meet up the job schedules of every shift. Management is supportive to the extent of training and provision of physical security at workplace. Work culture is friendly but at times confronted with some challenges from some non-conforming staff members. The hardest part of a daily job is in trying to resolve challenging behaviours from non-conforming staff members, while the most enjoyable part is in providing a nursing interventions that appropriately meet the need of the client.
Pros
Physical security at work place
Cons
Unpaid long hours
enjoyed working there
There was teamwork.everyone played their part even the management.great residents to work with.overall enjoyed working there
Pros
free morning tea
Cons
the nurses was sometimes up themselves
Was fun place with the residents
Enjoyed my job ,and had some laughs with the ( older generation ) I worked 5hrs 4 days a week which was good ,and had a few talks with home winemaking and a little sample the residents love the little things the most ,my actual job was cleaning which was a busy day ,but enjoyable hope someone out there likes an older worker
Pros
Always a laugh
Cons
Not good money
Productive and fun environment
enjoy the team i work alongside with, the management staff they really good, meeting new faces best way to meet people you don't know, i just love coming to work every day it helps with my living expenses.
Pros
love to come to work
Cons
nil
I need job
kitchen hand I became chef

also my course cookery

and I am hard worker
Pros
Cons
I doing work
Managing a nursing/rest home facility with a care village attached
This was a good company to work for with good progressive opportunities. A flexible working approach but a demanding managment role. A variety of opportunities to learn and grow and share knowledge with others.

Variation within the role was educating and exciting. The role required you to travel within NZ for various meetings and conferences and this contributed to my personal and professional growth.

A more hands on role that was consistent in providing a care service in the later years of individuals lives. Very rewarding to have the knowledge that my involvement in providing a service secured and made those later years more enjoyable and comfortable. The hardest part of the role was sometimes having the knowledge that, individuals would only be able to experience this for a short period of time due to progressive health issues.

A good company to work for that embrassed international workers and welcomed new skills and knowledege.
Pros
The location. Having the ability to expand my knowledge and share my own with others
Great people that I worked with, Gona miss them all.
This facility "Could Be" such a good place to work and it IS in so many respects.
But unfortunatly there is a feeling of "Them & Us" throughout,

ie: Staff & Management and this leads to bad feeling & gossip.

I think that the PAY or (lack of it) is also responsible for un-rest in the lower ranks (they work so hard for LESS than minimum wage)

I myself have learnt a lot in my time here but I am also finding it difficult to make ends meet with a wife & 4 Children.

I think that my accumaltive skills are worth a lot more than "Oceania" are prepaired to pay.
Pros
I Really can't think of any Pros-Except, "Raeburn" is close to my Home.
Cons
The pay is linked with the DHB, so PATHETIC.