Oceania Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Oceania Group Employee Reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Fun workplace

I found myself in Oceania Healthcare, Takanini Lodge. Yes the job is not easy, but you learn to take it easy and be optimistic because people have the can do attitude.

Pros

Lifetime learning on being a human.

Cons

Can be very tedious but it's a free workout.

Worthwhile experienced, productive and fun

I have valued my work experienced at Oceania Middlepark because I love to be part of elderly people undertaking. As a cleaner, it was hard because it was my first job but then I could have learned a lot.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

I have only 4 hours a day and five days a week.

Productive and fun place to work

Working on the Evolve Project, the project is about implementing a software solution called eCase to a combination of 45 Rest Homes and Retirement Villages throughout the country. Varied tasks that include uploading of resident documents to gallery, training staff, providing support and system configuration.

Overall good

Would like to work for oceania again Very good people to work with Good team and management Awesome residents Good working conditions Always got your breaks when needed

Excellent

Oceania is a good company to work.Giving a flexible time of duty hours.Starting from the manager, administration, nurses, health care assistant and the rest are all excellent.

great company

found these guys great to work for got me off the benefit when my oldest son was very young and the money was needed due to extreamly high living costs at the time and my sons medical conditions.

Pros

free petrol and paid on time

Cons

sometimes not enough hours work

Working as a new graduate

I had good support from the management as I was a new Graduate. The senior nurses are also friendly and informative. The only problem was we are alway shorts staff and the pressure to work on days off.

Humanitarian and core team place

A team is what can easily define Eden Village work environment, It is usual to find staff from different departments working together from time to time on different tasks.

Nice place to work

One of leading company in rest home and senior healthcare management I really enjoyed working, nice place to work nice team and management, believe on change and automation and respect human intelligence and respect the ideas. believe in diversity.

Profit driven healthcare

Company was providing oportunities for personal training. The most enjoyable part of the work were the interactions with the residents. I didn't like the profit driven culture and low wages to the personal.

Pros

morning tea

Cons

low wages

takes a lot of hardwork

salary is minimum. plenty of shifts available once regular workers go on holiday. residential home but hospital care clients. no rooms for growth in career.

Fun place to work with

Productive and Fun place to work with. Team effort is always there. Everyone helps each other. Management supports the staff. Diverse culture. Hardest part of the job is getting to attached to some of the residents. Theres always the favourites.

Productive and fun working enviroment

Oceania Health Care is an amazing company and looks after their staff well. Good team work, passion and spirit. You can gain a lot with this company and no one day is the same.

Pros

Years of Service awards

Cons

Love all culture team work respect and manners and be treated equally will make a good work enivroment

Just love everything pretty much love nursing the company uniforms the ferzilities are huge good food nice good people to work pay is good more shifts for the works plus ungrading skills while working can do courses and training while working which is awesome can even bring your own skills to study to be RN

Pros

Maybe jus the mains day Xmas Nd specials day staff gets a gifts maybe free lunch

Cons

Yes more hours work and overtimes

Productive, very tasking

Typical day at work is always very busy, full of multi-tasking activities as a registered nurse. Effective time management and proper tasks prioritizing are very important to meet up the job schedules of every shift. Management is supportive to the extent of training and provision of physical security at workplace. Work culture is friendly but at times confronted with some challenges from some non-conforming staff members. The hardest part of a daily job is in trying to resolve challenging behaviours from non-conforming staff members, while the most enjoyable part is in providing a nursing interventions that appropriately meet the need of the client.

Pros

Physical security at work place

Cons

Unpaid long hours

enjoyed working there

There was teamwork.everyone played their part even the management.great residents to work with.overall enjoyed working there

Pros

free morning tea

Cons

the nurses was sometimes up themselves

Was fun place with the residents

Enjoyed my job ,and had some laughs with the ( older generation ) I worked 5hrs 4 days a week which was good ,and had a few talks with home winemaking and a little sample the residents love the little things the most ,my actual job was cleaning which was a busy day ,but enjoyable hope someone out there likes an older worker

Pros

Always a laugh

Cons

Not good money

Productive and fun environment

enjoy the team i work alongside with, the management staff they really good, meeting new faces best way to meet people you don't know, i just love coming to work every day it helps with my living expenses.

Pros

love to come to work

Cons

nil

I need job

kitchen hand I became chef also my course cookery and I am hard worker

Pros

Cons

I doing work

Managing a nursing/rest home facility with a care village attached

This was a good company to work for with good progressive opportunities. A flexible working approach but a demanding managment role. A variety of opportunities to learn and grow and share knowledge with others. Variation within the role was educating and exciting. The role required you to travel within NZ for various meetings and conferences and this contributed to my personal and professional growth. A more hands on role that was consistent in providing a care service in the later years of individuals lives. Very rewarding to have the knowledge that my involvement in providing a service secured and made those later years more enjoyable and comfortable. The hardest part of the role was sometimes having the knowledge that, individuals would only be able to experience this for a short period of time due to progressive health issues. A good company to work for that embrassed international workers and welcomed new skills and knowledege.

Pros

The location. Having the ability to expand my knowledge and share my own with others

Great people that I worked with, Gona miss them all.

This facility "Could Be" such a good place to work and it IS in so many respects. But unfortunatly there is a feeling of "Them & Us" throughout, ie: Staff & Management and this leads to bad feeling & gossip. I think that the PAY or (lack of it) is also responsible for un-rest in the lower ranks (they work so hard for LESS than minimum wage) I myself have learnt a lot in my time here but I am also finding it difficult to make ends meet with a wife & 4 Children. I think that my accumaltive skills are worth a lot more than "Oceania" are prepaired to pay.

Pros

I Really can't think of any Pros-Except, "Raeburn" is close to my Home.

Cons

The pay is linked with the DHB, so PATHETIC.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oceania Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

• Oceania Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?