OCS Group

OCS Group Employee Reviews

New Zealand16 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

Working as a cleaner

this is very hard time in my life. But management is good, work culture is excellent and all staff members are motivate all the time.

Can be hard or easy

OCS was my first employer. The amount of work you do depends on what role you are given. Driving the machines is the most relaxing work, but mopping and dust rolling are quite time consuming and hard. Overall though I couldn't have chosen a better first job.

Pros

Nice co-workers, good management, can be relaxing and laid back

Cons

Can be exhausting if put on manual tasks, pay could be a bit better

i clean public toilets

i clean public toilets for a living there isint any thing wonderful about the job people abuse you every day and do discusting things in the toilets that i have to clean up and there in no glamour in the work . i do very long weekly hours and have been doing it for around 3 years i need a better job to enjoy work. i love working with people and this job i work alone,

Cons

very long hours, rude public, and a job not fit for a woman

Airport is the best work place

it is a good job but the thing is it is too hard is the way to do working like using machines.The best part ive learn is to communicate with customers

worst employer I've had. Ever

Supervisor is critical and micro-managing and lacks any sort of modern management training. Tends to put his subordinates down when they make a mistake rather than retraining them.Training is inadequate to say the least.Usually we are shown once only how to carry out a new task. Typical day is vacuuming up around grinding areas various metals and composites, shifting furniture, cutting up old seat belts (100s of them) cleaning drains inside hangars, breaking non-servicable aircraft parts.Hardest job is changing air filters in the paintshop and composite shop. hazmat suits and respirator and a very nasty environment for 4 hours every month. Co-workers are great; hard working and honest and not enjoying their jobs either. Employer is mean with leave applications. I had to make up 90 minutes lost time when attending a family emergency.

Pros

close to home

Cons

heavy uninteresting work, repetative, and at times dangerous

Interesting and enjoyable

I worked every night as a cleaner at the Department of Corrections for one (1) hour and in every MWF nightly also I worked at the Wise Group for two (2) hours. The management is pretty good. As cleaners into the this two companies alone. Pressure but very enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Just to clean no break

Cons

couple of hour only

Team spirit and fun workplace

First of all team spirit , this is very help for me to do works effectively . Meanwhile supervisor is train them when a new device uses in work place and give advise . In addition to this supervisor is always make sure that whether we are using the safety measures correct or not.

Pros

fee snacks

Cons

some night work places are in open place, so wind is a problem

cleaner

cleaning work. company colleauges are cooperative.Sometimes they help us when we want leave. food is provided during dinner. its hard work. we work for 20 hours per week.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

some times long hours

Osc

It was a fast moving work place if you were too slow then the pressure would build up and your work peers would have to help out with the extra work so it would pay to stay on your feet and make sure you could handle your own pull and not to rely on others to help you out all the time. I learned that it really pays to be fast with what your doing but make sure I did it my best and then move on to the next My co workers were okay I was the youngest though, they all had their own ways that I had to adjust to be able to make the team work work.

Good people, hard culture

Cleaning and dealing with clients. Learnt that team work is important.

Overall good

6am start. delivering milk, papers. turning on and cleaning coffee machines for the working day..sort and deliver mail and parcel, send courier notices to staff. I have learn to respect every person that i meet in my day to day duties. Do not have much contact with managers as we are outsourced and they know we do our job well. I have only 1 co worker as i work on my own and he does the afternoon shift..we work well together when required.. I do not think there is a hard part in this job after 8 years. The most enjoyable part is the good mornings as people pass through my work area..

Pros

good hours and lovely people

Cons

No back up when required

i have always loved working with my collegues

I have learned a lot from different work places and surroundings

Fun Work Place

I learn't how to use equipment and what cleaning is all about. I was always on my own had no help just had to get the job done as quickly as I could. I learn't to use different cleaning equipment, and what it was used for. Dusting shelves, etc

Pros

Just get the job done

Cons

2 or 3 hours a day

Overall a great company to work with too much supporting supervisors and other staff

one day i got some very good comments from nurses that she is very good at her part they need me only in their ward as i helped them in every way :)

productive

I had full time hours doing night shifts. I had good management skills was a team player, hands on person & loved this job alot

Pros

free breakfasts

Fun workplace

I found ocs a good company to work forI had a wounderful time working for ocs you can get along with with evey1 who works there

Pros

good crew

Cons

some long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCS Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• OCS Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?