OCS Limited Employee Reviews

Work as an ambassador(security officer in chch bus exchange)
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury9 January 2019
To start with was good until pay issues and management came in after 2 weeks working for the company extremely unprofessional and the management and staff structure was based on friendships with people being close with management causing issues for all other staff who actually did their jobs. I would highly recommend anyone looking for employment with ocs to review their options as this may be a toxic arrangement as even if you're competent you may have issues with other staff that will make it extremely difficult and uncomfortable to work in this environment.
Pros
You will work upto 2 hours a week unpaid potentially
Cons
You won't be paid correctly for hours you do work
Management needs to review them self's
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Rotorua, Bay of Plenty27 November 2018
Had to deal with lazy staff that been in the company for years, passing on their work to new comers while they did nothing.
Management so out of touch on what's going on in the work place.
Pros
Cons
Old school staff
Used to love it now I don't
Commercial Cleaner/team leader (Current Employee) –  Timaru, Canterbury1 March 2018
OCS was a fantastic company and offered you training in all areas and you worked as a team, that is what I loved about it, everyone gave their best and it showed. But due to management or lack there of, I no longer find my job as interesting as I once did. I had a passion for this industry until new management took over and I find them rude and unapproachable. They hang up on you, they no longer treat you as a valued member but as a bit of dirt on the ground. I no longer have an interest to pursue the career I once did for this company. I operate machinery and often work on my own in a time frame of 4.5 hours, I learned to do cell cleans, operate a water blaster, learned which chemicals to use where and sort of became a specialist for them but all the work I do is no longer appreciated and even though I have tried to save them time and money, I feel it no longer matters. I have risked my life for this company, use my own time and money to make life easier for them and there is still no respect for all we do as cleaners.
Pros
Trauma cleaning specialist training
Cons
management and their professionalism
Fun work place.
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington19 October 2017
Each site had a specific team and regardless of where you were placed the team members were welcoming and helpful. As a unit, we were able to deliver high quality service.
Proactive Supportive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui26 August 2017
Rubbish was always out before anything would start,then go over all the rooms with vaccuming and spot dusting.after all of that we go to the rooms that needed the mopping the most and made sure that everything was done on time.
Pros
getting the job done on time
Cons
no communication/interferring into personal lifes
getting good job opportunity
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury22 June 2017
I like indeed becouse they have lots of job opportunity in every field. Even I got my first job from indeed. I really like indeed for finding jobs......
Flexible Hours
Commercial Cleaner Supervisor/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato30 April 2017
I started working at 5:30am so this job helped me improve my time management skills.
Learned to have great attention for detail, and awesome communication skills thanks to OCS.
Productive and Interested
Part time cleaner (Fixed Term) (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury3 April 2017
... Worked 5 days a week (Mon & Fri) in 2 office buildings in the government and Sun & Fri at other office
...Received an Appreciation both Clients
....Enjoyable
Pros
No Snacks ..... Non-stop working
Cons
2 hours each building but due to big a area I extended my work hours voluntarily.
not sure
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury15 February 2017
ocs is a nationwise company and it a good place to work and meeting people i have enoyed it very much the job can be hard and on the go but we get the job done to the best of my knowedge
Pros
breaks
Cons
fulltime
I m enjoy to work with ocs cleaning co.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland10 December 2016
The company is based on libeable environment n reliable employes they are mostly friend. The employers is a very freiendly character like a childhood friend they are guilding us.
The ocs limited is excellent in this work .
Pros
Without any pressure
Cons
Easy work
busy place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N6 October 2014
Manukau Pacific Islands Trust is a Volunteer work place which deals with clients of all cultures and races, helping them with Work and Income Appointments, Doctors appointments and housing appointments. It's a community based work where people can come to for help with court proceedings, Information's and also runs workshops and programmes for the community. It's about providing for the community and their families what we can and when we can.
Pros
free lunches for staff
Cons
9am to 4pm
Flexible timings, Easy to work
Cleaner-Team Member (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, S13 June 2013
Every day will be a challenging day to handle the different tasks. Its all teamwork and friendly environment where the work is shared among the co-workers equally.
reliable and always on time
cleanier , head of spring cleaning (Former Employee) –  christchurch newzealand13 October 2012
cleaning ,
how to get things done one time
my co workers must be reliable
i enjoyed everthing about my job
Pros
good working invioment
Cons
not enough hours
Good Family Enviroment
Commercial Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Hamilton7 May 2012
Like to work with family. Job is not a steady 8 hour employment, the hours drag.
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
hours drag not straight 8 hour job