OCS Limited
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

OCS Limited Employee Reviews

Great boss operational manager.
I learnt a lot on the job and met some lovely people.It is mostly nightshift therefore not easy if you are solo parent but the friendships I formed and people I met made working for the company worth it.My situation changed and I needed to do what was best for me.
Pros
They do their best to give you hours you need.
Cons
However if you want good pay you need to work lot of hours.
Well organized
Cleaning public toilets is a real eye opener. Best and worst part of the job was the customers. Work Culture is very good, management coordinated and great communication.
Bout pay raises
When I was working at riverside market all by myself was good job but the down fall was I was getting paid 17.70 which was alright till I move away 2 gisborne and I got told that it was 21.50 here and that they got 3 pay raises and I never got aye pay rise when I was down in chirstchurch
OCS is the worse cleaning company iv worked for
Ocs was a good company to start off with even though when I first got an interview to meet the boss I never ended up having one and I didnt meet the boss until 2weeks into the job I meet the supervisor and had interview with her then they pay started off good but over time slowly got less and less even though I was doing same hours then and mangement is poor lack of communication and start to treat u poorly
I worked for OCS and I liked it so much because people are very good
I wish I can work again for OCS specially for refugees as I was a refugee at the time when I arrived to NZ. I know all the procedure for enrolling the with family doctors, schools for children bank visit and hospitals appointments as well as housing
effective method of learning and efficient staff
I worked as an intern at OCS in the Account Receivable Department and my task includes making inquiries about the clients who have gone in overdue calling them , dispute resolution and also making spread sheets of the aging debts.
Poor
Poor management thaty dont look after the staff at all bullying it's not what you know its who you are frainds with.No thank you just alot of negative comments
Pros
Cons
Ocs workers
would not reccommend
generally we are contracted to sites. most sites we work for are amazing friendly and make your job worth while. but ocs itself is not a great company to work for. pay is poor hours long.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at OCS Limited?
Night Shift
A very quiet and cruise job. As long as your team works beside i guess the job will be completed. I enjoyed my team , i got to the point where i became responsible to led the team while the team leader was on leave. I had a great experience here, the ladies were lovely and always looked out for me,
Pros
Free Lunch, Free gifts
Cons
Long Hours, No Staff, Broken Cleaning Equipment
Learning & fun workplace
It is a good platform for a person to start job. It helps to encourage & motivates towards great working skills. A person learns new things to start new business in same field or in another field of interest.
Professional and friendly environment
When I started working at OCS I feel a good atmosphere of professionalism, work etiquette, and a friendly environment. The supervisors and the the team leaders were approachable.
Work Experiance
It is a company that allowed me got my first work experiance in New Zealand, in this company I learned to do a team work. This company has a fun, and great workplace culture, because pleople whork there is amazing and It is a multicultural place.
Pros
nice shift
Cons
few people work
Work as an ambassador(security officer in chch bus exchange)
To start with was good until pay issues and management came in after 2 weeks working for the company extremely unprofessional and the management and staff structure was based on friendships with people being close with management causing issues for all other staff who actually did their jobs. I would highly recommend anyone looking for employment with ocs to review their options as this may be a toxic arrangement as even if you're competent you may have issues with other staff that will make it extremely difficult and uncomfortable to work in this environment.
Pros
You will work upto 2 hours a week unpaid potentially
Cons
You won't be paid correctly for hours you do work
Management needs to review them self's
Had to deal with lazy staff that been in the company for years, passing on their work to new comers while they did nothing.
Management so out of touch on what's going on in the work place.
Pros
Cons
Old school staff
Good work place
OCS Limited is a good and fun place to work, very hygiene. As a part of the OCS work team I can say that is a company who make the employees feel a valued part of the team by ensuring safety who take responsibility for their own health and well-being.
Used to love it now I don't
OCS was a fantastic company and offered you training in all areas and you worked as a team, that is what I loved about it, everyone gave their best and it showed. But due to management or lack there of, I no longer find my job as interesting as I once did. I had a passion for this industry until new management took over and I find them rude and unapproachable. They hang up on you, they no longer treat you as a valued member but as a bit of dirt on the ground. I no longer have an interest to pursue the career I once did for this company. I operate machinery and often work on my own in a time frame of 4.5 hours, I learned to do cell cleans, operate a water blaster, learned which chemicals to use where and sort of became a specialist for them but all the work I do is no longer appreciated and even though I have tried to save them time and money, I feel it no longer matters. I have risked my life for this company, use my own time and money to make life easier for them and there is still no respect for all we do as cleaners.
Pros
Trauma cleaning specialist training
Cons
management and their professionalism
Fun work place.
Each site had a specific team and regardless of where you were placed the team members were welcoming and helpful. As a unit, we were able to deliver high quality service.
Proactive Supportive
Rubbish was always out before anything would start,then go over all the rooms with vaccuming and spot dusting.after all of that we go to the rooms that needed the mopping the most and made sure that everything was done on time.
Pros
getting the job done on time
Cons
no communication/interferring into personal lifes
getting good job opportunity
I like indeed becouse they have lots of job opportunity in every field. Even I got my first job from indeed. I really like indeed for finding jobs......
Flexible Hours
I started working at 5:30am so this job helped me improve my time management skills.
Learned to have great attention for detail, and awesome communication skills thanks to OCS.
Productive and Interested
... Worked 5 days a week (Mon & Fri) in 2 office buildings in the government and Sun & Fri at other office
...Received an Appreciation both Clients

....Enjoyable
Pros
No Snacks ..... Non-stop working
Cons
2 hours each building but due to big a area I extended my work hours voluntarily.