OCS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Nice place
Cleaning specialist at Air New Zealand (Former Employee) –  Smales Farm, Auckland19 June 2017
the typical day at work is on night time after closing you clean the area its quite boring because your working by your own the hardest part of the job is when the vacuum bag is already full and you don't have a spare vacuum bag. the enjoyable part of the job is stress free
Pros
Cons
short hours
Unprofessional & unbalanced
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Wellington6 May 2017
Senior management are unsupportive & only concerned with profits. Staff are over worked & unappreciated. Extremely stressful environment. Would not recommend.
Cons
Long hours, stressful
Fun Workspace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury7 January 2017
As a part-time worker, I find that the company is very much concern about client satisfaction. Therefore they never put pressure on employees infect they make them realize the importance of client satisfaction as a result employee give their best quality output.
Management is friendly and supportive and till now I experience the same with my co-workers. Yes occasionally feel tired but nothing like hard job till I am enjoying the job.
Safe, fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dannevirke, Manawatu-Wanganui9 November 2016
Love working for OCS, helpful when in need. Great place to work, sometimes find it hard to leave as there are things on my list that need to be done, but I get it all done in the time I'm given.
Pros
Laughter
Cons
People seeing sweat!
i clean public toilets
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Timaru City, Canterbury23 October 2016
i clean public toilets for a living there isint any thing wonderful about the job people abuse you every day and do discusting things in the toilets that i have to clean up and there in no glamour in the work . i do very long weekly hours and have been doing it for around 3 years i need a better job to enjoy work. i love working with people and this job i work alone,
Cons
very long hours, rude public, and a job not fit for a woman
Airport is the best work place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Auckland Airport, Auckland12 September 2016
it is a good job but the thing is it is too hard is the way to do working like using machines.The best part ive learn is to communicate with customers
Working as a cleaner
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Auckland CBD, Auckland7 June 2016
this is very hard time in my life. But management is good, work culture is excellent and all staff members are motivate all the time.
worst employer I've had. Ever
Handyman (Current Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury19 April 2016
Supervisor is critical and micro-managing and lacks any sort of modern management training. Tends to put his subordinates down when they make a mistake rather than retraining them.Training is inadequate to say the least.Usually we are shown once only how to carry out a new task.
Typical day is vacuuming up around grinding areas various metals and composites, shifting furniture, cutting up old seat belts (100s of them) cleaning drains inside hangars, breaking non-servicable aircraft parts.Hardest job is changing air filters in the paintshop and composite shop. hazmat suits and respirator and a very nasty environment for 4 hours every month.
Co-workers are great; hard working and honest and not enjoying their jobs either.
Employer is mean with leave applications. I had to make up 90 minutes lost time when attending a family emergency.
Pros
close to home
Cons
heavy uninteresting work, repetative, and at times dangerous
Interesting and enjoyable
Part time cleaner (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury16 April 2016
I worked every night as a cleaner at the Department of Corrections for one (1) hour and in every MWF nightly also I worked at the Wise Group for two (2) hours. The management is pretty good.
As cleaners into the this two companies alone. Pressure but very enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Just to clean no break
Cons
couple of hour only
Team spirit and fun workplace
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lower Hutt, N25 November 2015
First of all team spirit , this is very help for me to do works effectively . Meanwhile supervisor is train them when a new device uses in work place and give advise . In addition to this supervisor is always make sure that whether we are using the safety measures correct or not.
Pros
fee snacks
Cons
some night work places are in open place, so wind is a problem
cleaner
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Manurewa, N2 April 2015
cleaning work. company colleauges are cooperative.Sometimes they help us when we want leave. food is provided during dinner. its hard work. we work for 20 hours per week.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some times long hours
Osc
Cleaner Bin Boy (Former Employee) –  Mount Maunganui, N28 November 2014
It was a fast moving work place if you were too slow then the pressure would build up and your work peers would have to help out with the extra work so it would pay to stay on your feet and make sure you could handle your own pull and not to rely on others to help you out all the time.

I learned that it really pays to be fast with what your doing but make sure I did it my best and then move on to the next

My co workers were okay I was the youngest though, they all had their own ways that I had to adjust to be able to make the team work work.
Good people, hard culture
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wellington6 November 2014
Cleaning and dealing with clients.
Learnt that team work is important.
Overall good
Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Takapuna, N4 November 2014
6am start. delivering milk, papers. turning on and cleaning coffee machines for the working day..sort and deliver mail and parcel, send courier notices to staff.
I have learn to respect every person that i meet in my day to day duties. Do not have much contact with managers as we are outsourced and they know we do our job well.
I have only 1 co worker as i work on my own and he does the afternoon shift..we work well together when required..
I do not think there is a hard part in this job after 8 years.
The most enjoyable part is the good mornings as people pass through my work area..
Pros
good hours and lovely people
Cons
No back up when required
i have always loved working with my collegues
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Welloington28 May 2014
I have learned a lot from different work places and surroundings
Fun Work Place
Commerical Cleaning (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, N6 March 2014
I learn't how to use equipment and what cleaning is all about. I was always on my own had no help just had to get the job done as quickly as I could.

I learn't to use different cleaning equipment, and what it was used for.

Dusting shelves, etc
Pros
Just get the job done
Cons
2 or 3 hours a day
Trabajo sencillo.
empleado de limpieza (Former Employee) –  Wellington, Nueva Zelanda.27 February 2014
-Trabajo simple, limpiando recogiendo los botes de basura y cambiando las bolsas, aspirando habitaciones, oficinas y laboratorios.
-Aprendi protocolos de limpieza de seguridad y alto riesgo de trabajo.
-La direccion estaba bien desarrollada.
-Los colegas eran buena gente, aunque en general se trabaja solo.
Pros
Trabajo facil de realizar.
Cons
El salario era bastante bajo.
Overall a great company to work with too much supporting supervisors and other staff
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Grafton, N6 February 2014
one day i got some very good comments from nurses that she is very good at her part they need me only in their ward as i helped them in every way :)
productive
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Paraparaumu11 December 2013
I had full time hours doing night shifts. I had good management skills was a team player, hands on person & loved this job alot
Pros
free breakfasts
Fun workplace
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mt Maunganui11 November 2012
I found ocs a good company to work for

I had a wounderful time working for ocs you can get along with with evey1 who works there
Pros
good crew
Cons
some long hours