Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 25 reviews matching the search See all 10,260 reviews
Poor Management
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury13 August 2019
My day included answer calls from New Zealand and Australia customers, and data entry.
I worked a great bunch co-workers, and we all helped each other when needed. Which made the job more enjoyable.
Hardest part was dealing with phone calls from customers who continually yelled at you (mainly from Australia), about things you had no control over due to their account settings stipulated by their company.
I found the management and leadership team to be unsatisfactory. They were not that interested in helping or guiding their teams. Not empathetic or prepared to listen to their workers, and thought they were above those answer the phones and entering data. Very little communication between team leaders and manager on employee welfare. Tended to say one thing and do another. Not very good at leading by example.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Bad management/leadership
awesome company to work for.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland10 June 2019
One of the best companies I worked for.Great bosses awesome inviroment and fantastic lunch room.You learn a lot while working there,different jobs in different areas of the wharehouse you can also upgrade your skills if you are wanting ex fork lift driving.
Pros
Clean and very great cafe/lunch room
Job review
Pick and Packer (Former Employee) –  Highbrook22 August 2018
Overall it was a good fast pace job, I worked night shift so the faster the pace the more energized I get to finish the job. the employers were great as well as the team leader I learnt a lot and they were willing to challenge me and trained in their top level roles such as Quality assurance
Pros
learning and the fast paced environemnt
Cons
Na
Great place friendly people always ready for the next day task
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland29 July 2018
When first started was easy good and also easy understanding their task that was given good instructions and very comfortable place to work very need.
Pros
No free luches
Cons
sometimes long hours but end of the day youll get a great pay
Very Busy
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand26 February 2018
Processing Orders, Loading/Unloading Trucks.
Good Management and workplace had a Cafeteria.
Hardest part of the job would be the workload for little money.
Most enjoyable part would be the Cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Heavy workload for little money
Fun Place to work with
Invoicing/Maintenance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland11 January 2018
enjoy working with this company. the people are amazing to work with.
the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a customer or a colleague.
Pros
birthday celebrations
Cons
no free lunches
Assistant Buyer
Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland18 September 2017
Great people in the office. I very much enjoyed working in two different departments during my temporary assignment. The workload was manageable and my supervisors provided a lot of support. Although I had one issue with a member of another department, this was addressed quickly.
Pros
Suportive work enviroment, friendly coworkers, subsidised lunch in the cafeteria
Cons
Location not so central in Auckland
Excellent company to work for
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand11 September 2017
I worked at Officemax in New Zealand in their national headquarters. The workplace environment was awesome, the people were great, the moral in the workplace was phenomenal, the absolute best company ive worked for in my life. The only reason I left the company, was because I moved from New Zealand, to Texas.
Pros
Everything about this company was awesome... zero complaints.
Fun and Relaxed work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch NZ7 July 2017
OfficeMax was wonderful environment to go to everyday. Regular shared lunches and social events. Busy and fast paced work but vibrant and social as well.
Fun Workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  East Tamaki, Auckland24 May 2017
Meet new people, you learn how to pick and pack, also have to be on time, friendly staff members, they help you in anyway, they make you feel welcome.
Transitional employment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, New Zealand1 April 2017
Inbound call centre. Management only care about stats.'Team Leaders' are hit and miss - some are great, some are most definitely not. This is best suited for someone wanting to transition from a warehousing job into a customer service position as I did. OfficeMax will give you a rapid introduction but there is no advancement or major salary benefits to remaining there for an extended period of time.
Pros
Occasional work shouts
Cons
Long hours, poor work life balance, lack of team support
Fun work place
Pick Packer & Scanning (Former Employee) –  Otara, Auckland30 November 2016
Office Max was a fun job i learnt lots. I learn how to use a scanner, i did picking aswel as packing different items not just paper.
good place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auckland, Auckland2 October 2016
I thought turners was a good company to work for; the company respected the fact that I had children and when I needed to leave to sort them out. They showed me how to work the computer system that they do their work on. When they had meetings they included me, even though I was only working for a week, they still treated me like a full time employee. I wasn’t that confident in that area of work, but the supervisor, was patient with me and showed me what to do. The best part about working for turners is the friendly people that work there aswell, thy make you feel welcome and are willing to help you out when you need help. Overall I think turner is a good company to work for.
past base work but enjoyable
pick packer (Current Employee) –  hornby christchurch25 March 2016
i learn in my own mistake,i enjoy my work,im happy to work with my co worker,i enjoy to finish my job on time and no hardest work as long as u will enjoy it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long hour
Definitely a fun workplace and opportunity to learn
Telephone Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland5 February 2016
Typical day included checking previous days figures - prioritizing work load according to customer requirements - following office protocol. Excellent on-going training provided so learned how to handle all situation within my job. Management was approachable and well organised. Co-workers were supportive and for the most part positive. The hardest part of the job was knowing, regardless of hours put in and excellent work ethics and results, salary increase was slow - it is a corporate business so procedure was "fixed" in this department. Just going to work was enjoyable, a truly good company to work for. Nice environment - the low salary was the only reason I resigned.
Pros
Location, good onsite cafe, good working environment
Cons
Although personal work ethic and achievement appreciated, not rewarded or reflected in salary
Working together as team
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Auckland, New Zealand11 January 2016
I am enjoyable to picking and packing position at night shift when I am working in this company. I learned the good communication with the team leader and the staff members.
Competitive staff
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Highbrook, Auckland4 January 2016
Everyday was like a day you would go out for speed walking, i have learnt picking is not easy its tough, but life is not easy. Co-workers were fine, some were a tad racist because I was the only asian there. Hardest part of the job was to try keep up with the cartons before it blocks off the whole rail, which was impossible. Enjoy part was learning how picking works.
Very Productive and Fun Workplace
Admin (Former Employee) –  Highbrook10 October 2015
Office Max was an amazing place to work at from Monday to Friday with OT if needed. I have learned a lot from Office Max on how their system works and how to do Customers order ect.. My co-workers always work as one big happy family and everyone gets along with each other very well. For me their was definitely nothing hard about the job as I am the kind of person that takes on a challenge so everything was very enjoyable.
Awesome place to work.
Pick N Pack Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Christchurch25 February 2015
A very on going,learning,fast pased job. Learnt pick packing,reading orders,scanning.Awesome co-workers & management that always helped each other .
Cons
Was only a temp job for 6months.
Easy going and Mature
Specialist Helpdesk Rep / Purchasing Officer (Former Employee) –  Auckland, N26 August 2014
Processing orders on a daily basis
Data Entry
Learnt about different suppliers
Hardest part of the job is when Sales Reps try an short cut how you work
Most enjoyable part was the people
Pros
cakes or free lunch sometimes
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K