Office Depot OfficeMax
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Office Depot OfficeMax:

Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

New Zealand33 reviews
Productive, good culture, fun place.
Wonderful company to work for. Good managers and well balanced work and family life. I started as a Store Person and moved to Pricing Analyst. So if you are willing to learn there are lots of chances to grow withing the company.
Competitive staff
Everyday was like a day you would go out for speed walking, i have learnt picking is not easy its tough, but life is not easy. Co-workers were fine, some were a tad racist because I was the only asian there. Hardest part of the job was to try keep up with the cartons before it blocks off the whole rail, which was impossible. Enjoy part was learning how picking works.
Very Productive and Fun Workplace
Office Max was an amazing place to work at from Monday to Friday with OT if needed. I have learned a lot from Office Max on how their system works and how to do Customers order ect.. My co-workers always work as one big happy family and everyone gets along with each other very well. For me their was definitely nothing hard about the job as I am the kind of person that takes on a challenge so everything was very enjoyable.
Awesome place to work.
A very on going,learning,fast pased job. Learnt pick packing,reading orders,scanning.Awesome co-workers & management that always helped each other .
Cons
Was only a temp job for 6months.
Longest held job
I open the store at 8am along with one other. I finish at 4.30 most days unless I have to work until 5pm to cover the boss.
daily cleaning and tiding up my area which I look after.

we have two deliveries from our DC a week, which I some times check off before putting it on to the shelves.

but mayor part of my day is dealing with customers with the items they are wanting to enquiry about or would like to buy.

I also help with the account managers with any enquiries they might have.
Productive and Fun workplace
They look after employees. And they make sure you have all you need to do your Job excellent.
Very happy to work here.
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
My current work hours is not nice. :)
Easy going and Mature
Processing orders on a daily basis
Data Entry

Learnt about different suppliers

Hardest part of the job is when Sales Reps try an short cut how you work

Most enjoyable part was the people
Pros
cakes or free lunch sometimes
Cons
management
Very good values and helpful to the community
In this company you work with a wide variety of people from different ethnic groups and cultures. The work is shared within large teams through email requests.
Pros
Good benefits offered to staff from the Companys we supply products to.
Cons
No flexibility re working hours
fun and very maintain
I like working ther very nice people very friendly and work for me ther is no hard part as I have alredy experience I am always happy to do the cleaning picking all the empty boxes and take it to a machine that break them down in it I don't have to do it myself..i have learn how to pack the oversize goods and learn how to use the recycle machine learn how to pick with the voice picker...
Pros
free internet
Cons
busy and long hours
Excellent place to work for.
Great company culture, great place. The office location is good too.
Awesome company.
Really enjoyed working here. Great company culture. The brand spanking new office space in Highbrook is truly awesome.
Fun and enjoyable working environment with great people
A great company that values its people by ensuring everyone achieves a work life balance in a fun, stable environment whilst always promoting challenges for me to tackle if and when I want to.
A typical day involves keeping an eye on how sales are tracking, analysis of products, sales, costs. A day never goes by that does not have its challenges and learnings which makes for a fun and interesting day. Co-workers are always friendly and willing to lend a hand if you need it. The people make OfficeMax a truly neat place to be.
Pros
work life balance
Good People
They where always good to me I had fun while I worked there and I know they enjoyed my time with them