Office Depot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Office Depot Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for. Good managers and well balanced work and family life. I started as a Store Person and moved to Pricing Analyst. So if you are willing to learn there are lots of chances to grow withing the company.
This job was alright. Everything was good, the staff and the workers but I felt like it just wasn't the place or job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was turning up to work and seeing everyone. Not only that but when others were struggling with their workload we always had someone to come help out.
its a warehousing job, just the same as the rest in south auckland. your a pick packer or cleaner moving goods around and checking stock inventory. same thing every day
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
no free food
Love love love. I will never find another culture or work dynamic like it. Wish I could still be doing the job from here. Everybody is friendly. MD knows everybody's name. Team culture is bang on. Team building and training constant. I started as Internal Sales, moved thru to Customer Service, became Customer Service Team Leader and Saleforce Administrator. Growth is a massive focus here. Miss it every day.
Pros
Friendly and fun
Cons
Cant do it from here
A typical day as a Credit Controller involves analysing aged trial balance reports, reducing overdues, phoning clients and developing payment plans. Most days can be very challenging which can test your resilience and your attitude to the role, through hard work and persistence it can also bring along great satisfaction and rewards that you may have thought at the time was unattainable. Work place Culture and values is very important at Office max. Respect and Empathy shown to your fellow colleagues is of utmost importance.
One of the best companies I worked for.Great bosses awesome inviroment and fantastic lunch room.You learn a lot while working there,different jobs in different areas of the wharehouse you can also upgrade your skills if you are wanting ex fork lift driving.
Pros
Clean and very great cafe/lunch room
Long hours really good and good people and bosses were lovely and i enjoyed it at office maxs and i dont mind working there again amzing stuff and repacking nd putting stationary into packs was really cool
Pros
Cons
Yeap
Overall it was a good fast pace job, I worked night shift so the faster the pace the more energized I get to finish the job. the employers were great as well as the team leader I learnt a lot and they were willing to challenge me and trained in their top level roles such as Quality assurance
Pros
learning and the fast paced environemnt
Cons
Na
When first started was easy good and also easy understanding their task that was given good instructions and very comfortable place to work very need.
Pros
No free luches
Cons
sometimes long hours but end of the day youll get a great pay
Processing Orders, Loading/Unloading Trucks. Good Management and workplace had a Cafeteria. Hardest part of the job would be the workload for little money. Most enjoyable part would be the Cafeteria.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Heavy workload for little money
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Office Depot?
enjoy working with this company. the people are amazing to work with. the hardest part of my job is not being able to help a customer or a colleague.
Pros
birthday celebrations
Cons
no free lunches
I worked at Officemax in New Zealand in their national headquarters. The workplace environment was awesome, the people were great, the moral in the workplace was phenomenal, the absolute best company ive worked for in my life. The only reason I left the company, was because I moved from New Zealand, to Texas.
Pros
Everything about this company was awesome... zero complaints.
Cons
OfficeMax was wonderful environment to go to everyday. Regular shared lunches and social events. Busy and fast paced work but vibrant and social as well.
Meet new people, you learn how to pick and pack, also have to be on time, friendly staff members, they help you in anyway, they make you feel welcome.
Office Max was a fun job i learnt lots. I learn how to use a scanner, i did picking aswel as packing different items not just paper.
I thought turners was a good company to work for; the company respected the fact that I had children and when I needed to leave to sort them out. They showed me how to work the computer system that they do their work on. When they had meetings they included me, even though I was only working for a week, they still treated me like a full time employee. I wasn’t that confident in that area of work, but the supervisor, was patient with me and showed me what to do. The best part about working for turners is the friendly people that work there aswell, thy make you feel welcome and are willing to help you out when you need help. Overall I think turner is a good company to work for.
i learn in my own mistake,i enjoy my work,im happy to work with my co worker,i enjoy to finish my job on time and no hardest work as long as u will enjoy it.
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
long hour
Typical day included checking previous days figures - prioritizing work load according to customer requirements - following office protocol. Excellent on-going training provided so learned how to handle all situation within my job. Management was approachable and well organised. Co-workers were supportive and for the most part positive. The hardest part of the job was knowing, regardless of hours put in and excellent work ethics and results, salary increase was slow - it is a corporate business so procedure was "fixed" in this department. Just going to work was enjoyable, a truly good company to work for. Nice environment - the low salary was the only reason I resigned.
Pros
Location, good onsite cafe, good working environment
Cons
Although personal work ethic and achievement appreciated, not rewarded or reflected in salary
I am enjoyable to picking and packing position at night shift when I am working in this company. I learned the good communication with the team leader and the staff members.
Everyday was like a day you would go out for speed walking, i have learnt picking is not easy its tough, but life is not easy. Co-workers were fine, some were a tad racist because I was the only asian there. Hardest part of the job was to try keep up with the cartons before it blocks off the whole rail, which was impossible. Enjoy part was learning how picking works.
Office Max was an amazing place to work at from Monday to Friday with OT if needed. I have learned a lot from Office Max on how their system works and how to do Customers order ect.. My co-workers always work as one big happy family and everyone gets along with each other very well. For me their was definitely nothing hard about the job as I am the kind of person that takes on a challenge so everything was very enjoyable.
  1. Employee Reviews