Office Depot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Office Depot Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Hours best part of the job. Love going in early in the morning and getting off early. Traffic very light in the morning and light when I get off. Home in bed by 6 pm.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Benifits
Work-life balanceDepending on the tier sometimes you have time for nothing but workJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Office Depot OfficeMax, I think time is limited for storesManagementIn general, managers at Office Depot OfficeMax undervalued. They do so much for little pay and no recognition.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Office Depot OfficeMax is based on politics.OverallMy experience working at Office Depot OfficeMax has been draining. Everyday focus changes.
Really great to work and amazing people. I love working here. I would recommend to anyone. Only reason I’m leaving is because I’m going to school, if I weren’t going I’d stay longer
Management is great and they work well with and for their employees. They keep everyone on track. Very flexible with my schedule and others. Hands on learning.
Productive and supportive management team. I have been with the company for about 18 months and I have been promoted twice. My second promotion has taken me to the management level. I am completely satisfied with my career at Office Max/Office Depot.
Leadership was open for new approaches to sell solutions to existing customers. I was allowed to think outside the box. I enjoyed building relationships with my customer base. I am not a glass half full or half empty person. I am glad to have a glass that I can use for my success. I understand that changes in the organization will result with displacement of associates. That comes with growth.
Pros
Flexible work remote scehdule
Cons
New solutions with little support
Working at Office Depot was a challenging and tedious experience. Employees learn a variety of communication skills dealing with customers of various environments and customs. Though the company offers little advancement for higher pay the overall culture of the workplace is quite memorable.
It is a good job but it does make you feel bored and sitting at a regular half of your time then walking around the store leads to boredom. Job is alright.
Pros
Boost sales skill
Cons
Boring, low pay, and
I enjoyed working for this company. They had lots of new projects always popping up. But they had too much need for the techs or engineers to be traveling out of state with little to no break in between. But overall they were ok. Their management was very poor. The jobs would take longer and customers would be very upset because they did not properly prepare and also management was not available to take care of the day to day items needed to keep the company running smooth.
Pros
paid hotels, food.
Cons
no time to transition from out of state jobs to another.
Your job satisfaction has to do with your manager. Period. Get a good one and you will love going to work. Get a jerk and you will hate every day you are scheduled.
Pros
good teams to work with
Cons
management when it is not good
Not very much to say other than I had a great manager who is very understanding. He is good at motivating the team and is admired by all of his employees. He is a good leader and I hope to recieve another manager like him.
Pros
it was good
Cons
I lived too far away from my work
Office Depot has allowed me to enhance my selling skills and provide excellent customer service while building strong business relationships with clients.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Rotating weekend shifts
A typical day at work was usually chill although it would be fast paced. Co-workers were always friendly helping make it a good environment. The hardest part of the job was probably staying busy honestly. The most enjoyable part was likely dealing with the costumers.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Wasn't very busy
I can say this was one of my best jobs. My manager was understanding and fun. He worked with us as far as life problems. over time was always given out.
Was a great place to work don’t know how it really is now that it’s merged with Office Max but was a great way to learn the city of Charlotte and the in and outs of the city
During my time at Office Depot it was wide open. Everyone was friendly and enjoyed being there. Hated to see the day they had to close our facility. The company took care of their employees.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Warehouse closed.
Really enjoyed interacting with people and co workers. It was some thing I needed when I first moved here. Store manager is awesome, the people are delightful, and it isplacei recommend for someone who may be relocating to get going.
Pros
Time
Cons
Short breaks
very relaxed and at times quick paced. very fun and and great management. i really enjoyed working here as a high school student. i got great pay and was around great co workers.
Pros
relaxed enviroment
Cons
short breaks
I'm sure the company overall is great. The GM at the store I worked at was great, but my day-to-day managers were pretty bad. The overall atmosphere of the company was pretty cut-throat when it came to getting protection plans. If you didn't meet a certain criteria, there were write-ups involved and it was difficult to sell the plans as there are not many good selling points - they're expensive and don't cover a lot.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent schedule, poor management
Got caught up in their merger. Company does not have respect for their employees. Management were awful, but that's what everyone says. I would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management.
As a sales rep you have a lot of flexibility; however your success depends on your manager and some of the management is very weak. It is very competitive landscape right now with Amazon's expanded capabilities.