Office Depot
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Office Depot Employee Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Hours best part of the job. Love going in early in the morning and getting off early. Traffic very light in the morning and light when I get off. Home in bed by 6 pm.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Benifits
OfficeMax and Office Depot are now Office Depot, Inc. So far the executive team have made lightning quick changes in our operating model. Hopefully, the new company will combine the best of each brand and create a more robust company. The greatest thing I've learned is to be agile as well as adaptable.
shipping and monitoring and receiving item long hours good friends
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
free health carer
A retail salesperson sells clothes, cars, electronics or other products directly to consumers. He or she helps customers find what they are looking for in a store or other retail establishment and gets them to make purchases by explaining how the merchandise will benefit them. They are not to be confused with sales representatives who sell products on behalf of manufacturers and wholesalers. A typical day would be one where customers are satisfied with there purchase customer needs are met shelves stocked and everyone is on point with there position the hardest part of the job would have to be not meeting consumer needs the most enjoyable part would be the satisfaction of a customer and ones self by leading them in the right direction to choose the right appliance to better there situation or benefit in there everyday life.Customer satisfaction is always a plus and makes me feel as if that part of my job is complete and a job well done is a job well worth it
Sold office supplies to Business owners. Worked with smaller Business owners who would purchase $1000.00 per month or more.
Days are long, not much payroll, constantly changing. Usually an ok staff but a lot of turnover. Quite a bit to learn in order to do a decent job a helping the customers. Not alot of support from corporate. A ton of change now with the merger of Max and Depot
Great Company to work for. They really look out for the employee and don't shy away from a challenge
Pros
Great job
Cons
n/a
My day at working consisted of clocking in and going straight to the pick packing section of the warehouse. We picked packages for items to go out daily. I learned how to be efficient in packing boxes, and getting it done fast. The co workers were fairly nice most of them were foreign and didn't speak English well. the hardest part of the job was the amount of physical labor and wear and tear on my body. i would come home everyday in constant pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was that they have events where your family was invited. They gave out prizes.
Pros
work Envirmonment
Cons
shift schedule and physcial labor
Hard working people who truly care about their customers. Sometimes a bit too much management making decisions without input from employees but overall, a great place to work.
This is a great place to jump start your professional career. It's also a great job if you're wanting to move because you could easily transfer. It's a great opportunity for students.
Office was a good company to work for. Considering the workload placed on the employee's compensation could have been a little better, but aside from that the company was a pleasure to work for.
The printing department job was ok when I first started but over the past year, it has jus become stressful and filled with the feeling of being taken advantage of.
Pros
great customers who love my customer service
Cons
poor management, poor co-worker work ethic, taking credit for others work.
Picked items for office delivery. Had to work with in the warehouse with steel toe boots on. No set hours to work, you had to stay there till the work order was complete for the day.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
No way to advance.
Great plae to work if you love helping people reach their business needs.
Performed and exceeded all expectations of this job. Worked with and supervised a great team with great reviews.
A typical day at work would consist of answering calls,cashiering, make and receiving fax,making copies,laminate's, business cards,flyers, brochures and ect. I've learned how to gain customer service skills as well as knowledge. The management was awesome and so were my co-workers. the hardest part of my job was nothing everything was smooth sailing. The thing i enjoyed the most was interacting with the customers and seeing the smile on there face after being satisfied.
the experience here was good but could have been better, enjoyed working with the staff.
I'm a crossed trained associate which means everyday is a little different. I can run the print center, work freight on the sales floor, cashier, and anything else my manager needs. Overall my job consist of providing excellent customer service, basic clerical duties, stocking shelf's, and other typical retail task. The most stressful part of my job at OfficeMax is when I run the printing department where the customers are the most demanding due to their limited time schedules and there is rarely any assistance provided by management or other associates. The least stressful responsibility I have is decorating the employee break-room.
Pros
I'm full time which means I get paid vacations.
Cons
Short breaks, usually no lunch breaks, and salary.
Must be a team player to work here. Pay isn't all that great, but there are opportunities for advancement if you prove yourself. Flexible scheduling for those in school.
was able to work in different departments, great coworkers and manangement
Pros
company picnics, bonuses
Cons
A typical day would involve dealing with repeat customers, who were mostly decent, and having to deal with alot of requests from management. Co-workers were nice and made the day go by quicker. All in all a pleasant place to work, just doesn't have much room for advancement.