Omni Hotels

Omni Hotels Employee Reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,789 reviews

Beautiful Hotel

High volume, constant learning, commuting is hard to this property but overall people and coworkers are nice.Company audits to our department is a good measure to know how good or bad we're doing.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

No promoting from within

Beautiful fun place to Wk

Awesome place to work. From HR, to management to all the staff, such friendly people. Loved it. Work in multiple departments. Lots of opportunity. Beautiful resort.

You are lied to and given assignments that don't go with your job

I was hired as one thing and the job they had me do was completely different. Then I was let go because of not knowing excel. It's a very work political place they are fake and do not care about their employees

Overworked and underpaid, but rewarding to start out in hospitality industry

The property that I was at had extremely high turnover and the employees always seemed stressed, and overworked due to being short-staffed often. Management was hit or miss. Some were superstars that went out of their way, and others were there just for the title and the check. While we did have fresh, hot daily lunches included on property, pretty affordable employee/family room rates, and uniforms included for non-management employees, the salary and benefits offered in comparison to other comparable hotel chains were disappointing. The health insurance alone was extremely expensive, but the life insurance rate was great. The company culture was nice overall, I learned a lot about the industry and I got to visit a lot of other properties, which was a beautiful experience. If you don't have dependents, this may be the place for you. Always negotiate your salary and get it in writing, especially in at-will states. Good luck on your journey.

The company is awesome

The culture is great. There is always someone willing to help if needed and this company values their employees. There is a wealth of advancement within and outside of my department. Also, the company has a sharp eye on talent and are eager to aid in your advancement.

Pros

Lunch brakes for the front office and incentives

Scheduling is inconsistent

Longer hours than what was suggested at hire. Some good people to work with. Some people were outsourced. Revolving door of employees. Personal time off was difficult to come by.

Do not recommend

They will feed you full of lies to get you to sign a contract with them. If you don’t work for them until the end of the contract you will have to pay them back $3000. I highly recommend looking elsewhere for employment!

Cons

Overworked, underpaid, terrible leadership

Questionable Work Environment

Pros : enjoyed getting to meet lots of new people coming through the hotel - - the employees are very friendly Cons:- management seemed to be close minded and unable to take accountability

No care for employee

You as an employee are not provided the support of your manager/ management. You are not given sick leave. No compensation for how far more than half of the employees have to travel to get to their barely minimum wage job do to the location of the Mount Washington resort.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, cost of travel, no support

Fun work environment

The Omni was a blast to work at! Fun team environment with room to advance. Interns get opportunities to shadow departments of interest and gain experience.

Corporate machine: with friends

Hospitality is hospitality. This company has a lot of great and interesting benefits, but just so you know, PTO doesnt start for a year. The toxicity amongst the hotels seems to be at a 0 which is very nice.Hospitality is just hard work.

Not bad

Management was understanding, not a bad place to work. Interact with a lot of people, could have used a raise. Nice location, and they’ve remodeled since then.

Excellent

I truly loved working here. Your peers become your family. They're short staff and rotating door of international workers so they are desperate for long term employees. As long as you work hard and are honest there's plenty of advancement opportunities. Honestly it was probably the most enjoyable place I've ever worked at.

eh

low pay, lot of work. lots of overtime available. good way to learn about basic electric, hvac, and plumbing. paid less relative to the same position at surrounding hotels

Decent Pay, but not a great place for work

For the 4+ years I’ve been in banquets at this company and it is the most disorganized it has been in those 4 years with a much overdue change in leadership and care in the workplace. It’s not a terrible job but it certainly doesn’t provide a good work life balance and sometimes it feels as though my work or my fellow co-workers hard work and extra hours goes unnoticed

Not that great

The pay,at least for my job, was less than what other hotels in the area are paying for the same job. This hotel has the money to provide better compensation but I guess Coordinators don’t matter as much as managers do….

No micromanaging-mostly friendly managers

Working for the Omni is a pleasure, with very few exceptions. There are a few overzealous managers and supervisors that pollute the culture-but overall it is a pleasure to work there. We are well fed, days off requests are accommodated, they have done an excellent job of weeding out corporate cancers. (Brown Nosers, gossips, chronic complainers). I love my job at Omni

Unorganized and unwilling to work with you

Over all management is poor and unhelpful. No lunch break or 15min breaks during 8hour shift. And don't pay holiday pay unless after 90days. Toxic place to work at.

Very toxic place to work

Absolutely disgusting management. They fire people over small things without any warning. The VP of revenue doesn’t value employees loyalty and treats everyone as just a number. People at the hotel are nice but management leads a bad practice and carry no responsibility over employees well-being. Do not recommend the culture.

Pros

People

Cons

Toxic leadership

Run

Managers are terrible and lazy, pay isn’t worth how you're treated cause the guest are snobby, schedule is crazy & any chance they get to walk over you they will. No opportunity for advancement, training sucks, barely any employee appreciation. This place sucks and needs new managers in all departments. I stayed as long as I did for the benefits.

Catty & disorganized team

Directors only care about saving their own jobs. There's absolutely no team mindset here. Understaffed in every department and turnover is high. People leave every 5-6 months.

Pros

Free lunch and free parking.

Cons

Disorganized. Low pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Omni Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Omni Hotels
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?