Onestaff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Onestaff Employee Reviews

New Zealand28 reviews
At first i thought Onestaff was a great company to work for, Very friendly staff all to happy to chat and help you succeed but then management changed and things started going down the toilet. Remember as this is a temp agency The clients are the ones that call the shots and you could be dropped for something as simple as making one mistake on your first day into an "ongoing assignment" without having the chance to learn from that mistake. Also the lack of transparency in assignments (they had start times but no finish times), fluctuating work hours week by week and low pay where not enough to live on. While temp agencies might suit students or people on the benny who are otherwise actively looking for full time work temping in itself is not a viable or wise career choice, luckily for me i have secured full time employment (via my own means) where you have the chance to learn from your mistakes, set start and finish times and no more fear of being thrown under a bus for one mistake on your first day.
Working for OneStaff for My Food Bag was an experience I wouldn't wish upon anyone else. The new OneStaff supervisors ego at Riccarton branch constantly got in the way of employees being able to find any joy in gruelling shifts and constant talk behind employees backs between the supervisors was belittling and detrimental to ones self confidence. Supervisors were constantly condescending and putting in extra work and effort always went unappreciated. The workplace culture is rather sad. No banter or smiling faces constantly made working in the chiller more painful than it already was. This was simply due to the fact that you would get yelled at for talking to another person although you MUST stand next to that person as your job doesn't require you to move and considering it is a physical job and conversation doesn't have any effect on work effort, I think it's rather cruel. The only positives I have about this job was how easy it was to apply for work (probably because of the rate people drop the job) and the pay was convenient.
Pros
One free orange juice every three weeks.
Cons
Long gruelling hours with no definitive finishing time. Patronising staff.
basically just a spare they could ring up last minute if they were short staffed, pay was horrible for the nature of the work, was tasked with carrying incredibly heavy furniture objects down flights of stairs with little to no help, that is the nature of the job and i understood that, but i wouldnt work there again for the pay offered.
OneStaff is a good option for you to get work on your off months if you only have seasonal work/part time work. you cant really make a living with it because you could be working one week and you dont know if your working there the next week (in my experience)
Nice agency to find a job in New Zealand. Free Personal Protective Equipments for there employees. Nice office located in Christchurch Central. The Consultants are friendly and nice whatever your ethinicity.
Pros
Free PPE
Cons
Stagnant Career
I have learned and matured Team skills, communication skills, hazard reconciliation. The management is really good and helps new clients to find their place, the hardest part of working there is the uncertainty in the beginning whereas the best part is experiencing new things and finding out what you dislike/like
Onestaff and Mitek, never let me feel that I am just their employee, they made me feel that I am part of their family. Though my work was very hard, they made me feel it easy because they are so approachable and helpful in every way.
Had a great time while working with Onestaff, always friendly and helpful. Placed into contract within days of signing up with OneStaff. Great onsite follow up.
Pros
Additional PPE
Cons
nil
OneStaff is a very formal company, the staff here are very kind and helpful. OneStaff has provided me with 3 jobs. The first job was to repackage in a biscuit factory (one day). The second job was to move the wallboard (2 days). The third job was a sawl operator.

I think the colleagues in the third company are the most enthusiastic and embarrassed. I feel very happy with them. The work is relatively simple and everyone who works there pays attention to their health and safety and also reminds and helps others to avoid harm. Health and safety are the most important.

The hardest part of the job is that the weather is too cold. Even if I wear the gloves ,some time my hands still feel cold in the morning Maybe because I was born in the tropics. The happiest thing is the weekend after Friday afternoon..
Pros
good health and safety and good working time (don't have long hours working))
Cons
some time a book something to do when OneStaff told me have some job.
One staff Petone is a very good place if you're looking to find work or get back into the work force, the staff there are very friendly and keep you up to date with jobs always, very happy with my time there.
Being able to put up scaffolds, rigs, guard rails and planks securely is integral in the job of a Scaffolder. This is so, as many work crews, construction workers and engineers will use this to access or lay foundations for buildings, or stages. They can be found on restoration jobs for old buildings, churches, bridges, power stations, or even major events. Scaffolders must be willing to work anywhere, anytime for however long it might take.
In scaffolding there are three main responsibilities; as the charge hand, fixer and labourer. Each plays an important part in the various areas of scaffolding. The time, place and demands of this job varies and like many manual work; the pay might be according to hours worked or by the project. Safety is key in this profession and professionals must wear harnesses, helmets, and other safety gear.

A Scaffolder usually performs many of the following tasks:

• Creating a safety net and guard rails for construction workers

• Delivering scaffolding equipment to job sites

• Attaching scaffolding equipment to a building

• Following the necessary safety guidelines

• Checking for weak areas and damage

• Making sure measurements are correct
not a bad company, management and job management need work, also little to no job security in attaining work unnder a zero hour on call contract, that is all
I loved it at Onestaff they gave a lot of new opportunities, to gain new work experience.

Would love to go back with them, if there were immediate permanent jobs available
Cette agence intérimaire donne tout son possible pour vous trouvez du travail
OneSaff is the best recruiting agency there is period! I can't state names but the TGA OneStaff crew are the best. They've helped me as much as they can. I left 4-5 months ago due to a lot of problems at home and have recently been in contact with OneStaff and they happily took me back on as an Employee. I didn't even ask for my job back, I simply messaged them and they asked me if i wanted a job! The best I tell ya!
Pros
Long hours, Frequent work, best staff, all round good employer
Cons
nothing I can think of anyway
Had dealings with Onestaff Grey Lynn, Excellent company with great staff! I was entering a new industry and Ellyse from Onestaff gave me that opportunity to demonstrate my ability along with the utmost assistance with all my tedious little administrative requests all the way to the successful completion of my assignment. Thanks Ellyse & Onestaff if ever I would like a temp assignment in the future you will be my first port of call.
Pros
Prompt assistance from Agent
Cons
Payroll Communication
Great Employment and Employee handling
And great employment, job outcomes,

Had a great roll working for Hastings District Council

Dealing with Intersections, Parks and Reserves.
dont work at one staff as it was cover staff a few moons ago they have no respect for anyone they just want you to work as much hours as you can to make them the big money soon as something comes up they act all silly i went in there and after doing all the paper work they said i cant do any work for them i asked why and they could not tell me never mind i got to keep a nice brand new pair off work boots and i walked out off there knowing there are way better recruitment places out there that ended up giving me work so anyone out there want a fair deal and a great work place with out the stress go to trade staff all Advanced Personnel you will get treated nicer and not used and played
Pros
nothing
Cons
money hungry
Have kept me working in good jobs. Inducted for different companies and never been without work for more than 2 days. Friendly staff working together to keep you working. Would recommend the Hastings crew to anyone that wants a variety of new experiences.
Pros
Working for good clients
Start off okay untill you turn down a shift for any reason then little work if contact can be made then to no work no contact from staff to workers, blame all problems on you poor gear given to staff to use better to buy own gear and use also made to pay for gear and return gear for leave to be given
Cons
no hours certain, have to return gear to get leave, poor communication
This company good to work for they have help me since I sign up with the company and recommend them .Good staff good people good out come .Thank u very much