Onestaff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Onestaff Employee Review

they want you to slave your butt off why they do nothing

14 January 2018
dont work at one staff as it was cover staff a few moons ago they have no respect for anyone they just want you to work as much hours as you can to make them the big money soon as something comes up they act all silly i went in there and after doing all the paper work they said i cant do any work for them i asked why and they could not tell me never mind i got to keep a nice brand new pair off work boots and i walked out off there knowing there are way better recruitment places out there that ended up giving me work so anyone out there want a fair deal and a great work place with out the stress go to trade staff all Advanced Personnel you will get treated nicer and not used and played
Pros
nothing
Cons
money hungry
3 April 2020
Same role
General Labourer (Former Employee) - Wellington
At first i thought Onestaff was a great company to work for, Very friendly staff all to happy to chat and help you succeed but then management changed and things started going down the toilet. Remember as this is a temp agency The clients are the ones that call the shots and you could be dropped for something as simple as making one mistake on your first day into an "ongoing assignment" without having the chance to learn from that mistake. Also the lack of transparency in assignments (they had start times but no finish times), fluctuating work hours week by week and low pay where not enough to live on. While temp agencies might suit students or people on the benny who are otherwise actively looking for full time work temping in itself is not a viable or wise career choice, luckily for me i have secured full time employment (via my own means) where you have the chance to learn from your mistakes, set start and finish times and no more fear of being thrown under a bus for one mistake on your first day.
3 July 2019
Same roleSame location
labourer (Former Employee) - Christchurch City, Canterbury
OneStaff is a very formal company, the staff here are very kind and helpful. OneStaff has provided me with 3 jobs. The first job was to repackage in a biscuit factory (one day). The second job was to move the wallboard (2 days). The third job was a sawl operator.

I think the colleagues in the third company are the most enthusiastic and embarrassed. I feel very happy with them. The work is relatively simple and everyone who works there pays attention to their health and safety and also reminds and helps others to avoid harm. Health and safety are the most important.

The hardest part of the job is that the weather is too cold. Even if I wear the gloves ,some time my hands still feel cold in the morning Maybe because I was born in the tropics. The happiest thing is the weekend after Friday afternoon..
Pros
good health and safety and good working time (don't have long hours working))
Cons
some time a book something to do when OneStaff told me have some job.
28 October 2018
Same role
Laborer (Current Employee) - Petone, Wellington
One staff Petone is a very good place if you're looking to find work or get back into the work force, the staff there are very friendly and keep you up to date with jobs always, very happy with my time there.