Open Polytechnic Employee Reviews

Fun working atmosphere, opportunities of progression within the area
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  New Zealand23 April 2018
Working with the Open Poly was a data entry typed role. Everyday was new and it was centered around using particular databases. There were 5 different areas to work in, I was employed in the enrolments section. When our area was not as busy as others, we were trained to help in other areas.

I enjoyed this role as it was different each day, the team was great to work with and our manager often provided fun team activities to do every month so as to break up our working day.
Pros
Christmas time was fun as the OP provided the whole campus with free food, drinks and entertainment
Cons
When the computer system crashed we were unable to do any work as all of the work was online.
Very political place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington27 February 2016
Workload unrealistic. Always short staffed. Previous staff were not always replaced. High staff turnover. Too many reviews and jobs being disestablished. Work very boring and not stimulating. Management not always supportive.
Fantastic social club with dedicated staff who put in a lot of time and effort to arrange fun activities eg: great kids Xmas parties, Colour run, Round the Bays, movie nights ect.

Have met some wonderful people at the Open Polyechnic who made a difference to my time there.
Pros
Great social club.
Cons
Too many to mention.
Fun and community centred
Enrolments officer (Former Employee) –  Lower Hutt, N5 January 2016
Although I freely resigned from the Open Polytechnic as I was needing change I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I felt I was highly valued and respected. It is a good place to work and is ever evolving
Pros
good staff benefits
Cons
not stimulating enough for me.
Relaxed but important work
Support Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato2 October 2015
The number of students oscillate over time. I have worked on the Diploma and Degree programmes, however, I am very involved in the Level 4 qualification as I believe I can make the biggest difference there.