OPSM
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

OPSM Employee Reviews

New Zealand3 reviews
Poor culture
I was initially offered a management position, the HR Manager proceeded to attempt to bully me out. She is another company puppet with no real management or HR talent. I regret not taking legal action against her.

The support management team are unskilled in leadership and most essentially retail optics, every day intimidating emails would arrive (mostly copied and pasted) demanding high results. When they came, very little reward was offered. The area managers were completely lacking in leadership skills, one in particular literally shouting at employees, my one was a nice chap but in over his head, hence left soon after starting.

The professional services manager is a pleasant enough person, but clearly does not care about personal and professional growth, the optometrists are unsupported to the extent of negligence.

Managers are employed from retail backgrounds often with minimal experience, then expected to deliver specialist skills, I was privvy to conversations around constructive dismissals. Hence the attrition rate is high.

Training is a tick box exercise, the staff are limited in skill and qualification but expected to be competent in retail optics with little structured support. When qualified and experienced personnel do come along they are under valued and under utilised.

Poor culture, poorly managed, poor support, the only winning factor is the product. A company to be avoided!
Horrible
I thought I loved my job and was so interested in learning more information about the company. But sadly the manager was a let down to the store and a lot of talking behind people's backs and not understanding with personal life outside of work with staff members unless it was the manager and her life.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Negative place
Treat staff like they are worthless. See no value in staff or care for staff. Had 8 weeks annual leave owing to me, however all 3 attempts of applying for leave was declined, even though one application was only for 1 day.
Pros
free glasses
Cons
Understaffed and no annual leave approved.