Opus International Consultants Employee Review

View all Opus International Consultants reviews

Horizon's expanding !.
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Christchurch City, Canterbury28 October 2018
Enjoying working here at present.

Variable work, interesting projects, focus on clients and technical health of business currently which is good to see. Training and Development availability is improving (granted from a low base 2 or so years ago).

Takeover from WSP has been exciting and has great potential to take WSP Opus forward in the NZ Market.

The key thing is it is not like some recent amalgamations in NZ market (SKM Jacobs, URS and AECOM) where a big US company cultural shift and report back to mother ship causes angst around the NZ teams.

Yes performance is important in local market but NZ teams empowered to perform in 'our' market. Not being told...
Pros
Flexibility of hours, WSP takeover bringing bigger ideas/opps for advancement
Cons
Legacy of MOW holding back some staff, Clarity of role at times - a further restructure is on cards, Possibility of higher salary elsewhere

Other Opus International Consultants Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Business services Administrator (Level 2) (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington15 February 2019
I enjoyed my time at Opus. I was the leader for my team during the office Olympics and we won. I ran 10.9km in 39mins for our lake Taupo relay. The first year I did rowing for Opus we also won the corporate challenge.
Pros
Rowing Club, Relay Team, Social Club, Friendly work environment.
Cons
Limited progression in role
not recommended
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury26 September 2018
Opus International is not a recommended place to work due to the poor management and lack of integration of staff with new hires. The culture is secretive and a bit vindictive. There is a complete lack of understanding of people.