Otahuhu College

Otahuhu College Employee Reviews

New Zealand3 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Like the staff and kids there

Relief teacher so limited days to work. It's a long way to get there but it's worth going because I like the socio economic groups of the students.They need relief teachers who like them. Who are compassionate towards them.

Pros

Good kids there overall

Cons

A long way from home

It has been a great opportunity to work at Otahuhu College. I have experienced the meaning of service towards our young people. I have learnt many educational idea's from my fellow work friends. I would like to share these experiences with those that I will come in contact with in the near future.

Pros

Kind principal

Cons

wages

Gate Keeper

Patrolling the school grounds, ensuring the students were in class not roaming around aimlessly, Assisting staff during students breaks and most importan ensuring that the students are safe and not disrupted by gangs or fights. Checking that visitors were entering the school on legitimate school business. Checking that there was no marijuana being used during recess The staff members were courteous at all times... Management of staff could have been a lot more cohesive... ie being consulted about changes in the school day The hardest part of the job was actually tell a student NO... they are not permitted to leave the school without parental or staff consent... The best times when you can watch they students performing Haka Waiata or doing their shows and concerts. To see the pure excitement on their faces... its exhilarating to watch

Pros

Safety of children and staff

Cons

Cold weather and watching students arriving to school wet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otahuhu College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Otahuhu College