PAK'nSAVE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PAK'nSAVE Employee Reviews

New Zealand352 reviews
Productive work place
As a checkout operator, was easy and fun serving customers and meeting new people everyday, handling cash and being able to communicate with other workers was amazing.
Friendly staff

The owner/manager was warm and welcoming, personally introduced himself to the new members of his team.

On job training was great 👍

Nice to have been part of an amazing team
Standard grocery job
Was good work, lovely staff. Paid well and great roster. Did get quite upset when I wasn't told to have the day off on a public holiday so showed up to work and they said I wasn't supposed to be there - bad time management handling with newer staff.
very good team work
when I was working in a bakery I love the interaction with staff. That would be the highlight of my shift.work well part of the team and completing difficult projects through to end.multy culture.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Grocery assistant
Pak' n Save is a great place to work. There are a lot of challenges and a lot of fun such as meeting people you know. Pak' n Save is all about food products and little other things. This means that one has to be well presented besides having a good intention for serving people ensuring their health and well-being are held at heart. It is placing yourself in their shoes and I mean the very shoes of those doing the shopping themselves buying for themselves and their families. When you see them you imagine yourself in them it is like that. It is not easy carrying yourself professionally all the time but that is what one has to try and do all the time. As workers we are not fuelled to handle the pressure related to work or that we are paid to do what we do. It is to do with our values and attitudes towards other people irrespective of their backgrounds. We just have to respect other people. It is not about pay, it is about people! It is about working conditions, it is about people!
Busy and productive place filled with interactions with customers
A typical day at work comprises of interacting with customers. Weighing, scanning and neatly arranging groceries. Sweeping the floors, cleaning the checkouts, putting away groceries returned by the customers etc.
Stressful.
Did not feel supported by immediate supervisors.
Customers are lovely, i enjoyed making their experience pleasurable. Atmosphere staff culture was stressful.
It was a great refresher for me after leaving my last employment of 6 years. Pleased how soon it received employment; before benefit
Much About Me. I'm to make certain referees details are correct, I have a phone that works, inspect shop cabinets more to resolve problems myself, fascinated in the whole opperation, had lovely diverse staff with varied work hours suiting each staff. The fact we were paid early over Christmas ❤️❤️.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PAK'nSAVE?
Great experience but stressful
I worked in the deli and it was pretty stressful but a great challenge. A typical day for me was to start at 4.30am and start slicing cold cut meats eg ham/beef etc, cleaning out dishes and presentation for the window. Cooked my meats which included pork, beef, and glazed ham. By 5am I had to put the chickens in the oven for 1hr 20 ready for 6am cook to come in and bag them ready for 6am open. Then throughout the day having to slice as much luncheon and other cold meat for stock to last the night till closing time. I would finish at 1pm.
Not a good place
Pak n Save is very stressful
One person has to do about 3 people’s job

Shifts are waking up at 3am finish at 2pm by then you can’t do much in your day to day life.
Good
Good working environment. Always care about their employees rights and demands. Safe working environment that gives you to work without risking your health
Great experience
Been here 3 years it's pretty gd
Ups n downs like anywere

Gives school kids a helping hand

Free gym classes at activ8

Happy kind people

Easy to communicate with
A good first job out of or during school
A good job to have to get you into practice what work life is like.
Usually working in teams of 4-6 in your department there is a range of co workers with varying work responsibilities and roles.

Friendly and looking out to help where they can with either uncertainty of what your role includes or how to improve.
Fast-paced and interactive work place
Working as a baker I began work at 4am and on an average finish around 1pm. it is a fast-paced environment having to produce stock in high quantities with limited time. All time members worked together and management are very helpful.
fun
easy place to work, usually busy but makes the day go fast, set time schedule and hard to get time off if needed, have to have a really good reason. however lovely people and fun environment.
its a bit stressful
its good for for those studding and want work part time.
management is good there.

usually its stressful to work.

overall its okay for work temporary.
You feel like a number in the work place
Hours are good, management needs work, under-staffed, will offer advancement if they see potential, okay work/ life balance (only if you're willing to give up one day of your weekend)
Less than productive
Senior staff showed lack of focus in all departments when required to look at their own management. Instead used new staff as scapegoats that they could easily replace when one voiced their concerns which conflicted with them not wanting to abide by laws and company policies.
It’s was I good place to work.and make new friends.
I wish I still worked their.but had to leave as I moved to a different town.i worked in the deli department and on the checkout .good experience working in retail
Working for Pak n Save can be stressful not paid well no recommendation for work done well
It's okay working at PaknSave but not Great where you would enjoy your job, your not appreciated enough in your job that your doing so well in, can be stressful if your load is abit much and no one shares in it and the hourly rate is not good
Very stressful placs to work.
Invercargill paknsave. Department managment is unaprochable and can be nasty. Very toxic environment. Continually being told negative comment's about your work. Being blamed for other workers mistakes. Most of the checkout staff I worked with were lovely but there were ones who went to management to tell tales. They grind you down until you have no confidence. I was threatened, had hours taken off me when my contract gave me a certain amount of hours a week. If I did anything wrong it was discussed with me in front of other department members or customers instead of privately. You cant call in sick or be away for any reason without being treated and talked to like dirt. I walked out after a co worker I worked spoke to me like a was a piece of dirt on the floor and the department manager and 2IC as well. I ended up having anxiety attacks before work. It's a bad place to work I put up with it for 12 years 7months.