PAK'nSAVE
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PAK'nSAVE Employee Reviews

New Zealand358 reviews
The work is pretty straight forward: filling shelves within the time frame requested so you will need to be able to manage your time effectively and efficiently in order to meet the target.
Beautiful place to work lovely environment and well priced for the area manger is hands on. Around Christmas time pak n save was an awesome place to work in.
O’Leary is prizes in hand for customers and stuff great reward programs overall an amazing place
Good experience, good culture, work not too hard or too easy. Teamwork is great, loved the company, kind people, good environment to work in. Recommend working there as a first time job for experience.
Takes time to hear from employees in a form of a survey to improve overall management of staff, to offer continuous growth to employees, to create a healthy and fun work environment.

They have a lot of activities to offer and anything that will boost motivation. Offers more time when necessary.

The company is open to different cultures or workers from different countries so respect for other nationalities is a must.

The company also provides staff with information about town activities that can be attended.
Pros
magazines, the coffee, free stuff, food for breaks.
Really great company absolutely miss it but had to leave because I had other commitments. Other than that the environment and the people there are so friendly and really easy to get along with
A typical day at work involved stacking up the shelves, rotating stock, Change the weekly specials on the weekends. It was a fast paced environment and working as a team is a huge aspect of this job.
As a checkout operator, was easy and fun serving customers and meeting new people everyday, handling cash and being able to communicate with other workers was amazing.
Friendly staff

The owner/manager was warm and welcoming, personally introduced himself to the new members of his team.

On job training was great 👍

Nice to have been part of an amazing team
Was good work, lovely staff. Paid well and great roster. Did get quite upset when I wasn't told to have the day off on a public holiday so showed up to work and they said I wasn't supposed to be there - bad time management handling with newer staff.
when I was working in a bakery I love the interaction with staff. That would be the highlight of my shift.work well part of the team and completing difficult projects through to end.multy culture.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Pak' n Save is a great place to work. There are a lot of challenges and a lot of fun such as meeting people you know. Pak' n Save is all about food products and little other things. This means that one has to be well presented besides having a good intention for serving people ensuring their health and well-being are held at heart. It is placing yourself in their shoes and I mean the very shoes of those doing the shopping themselves buying for themselves and their families. When you see them you imagine yourself in them it is like that. It is not easy carrying yourself professionally all the time but that is what one has to try and do all the time. As workers we are not fuelled to handle the pressure related to work or that we are paid to do what we do. It is to do with our values and attitudes towards other people irrespective of their backgrounds. We just have to respect other people. It is not about pay, it is about people! It is about working conditions, it is about people!
A typical day at work comprises of interacting with customers. Weighing, scanning and neatly arranging groceries. Sweeping the floors, cleaning the checkouts, putting away groceries returned by the customers etc.
Did not feel supported by immediate supervisors.
Customers are lovely, i enjoyed making their experience pleasurable. Atmosphere staff culture was stressful.
Much About Me. I'm to make certain referees details are correct, I have a phone that works, inspect shop cabinets more to resolve problems myself, fascinated in the whole opperation, had lovely diverse staff with varied work hours suiting each staff. The fact we were paid early over Christmas ❤️❤️.
I worked in the deli and it was pretty stressful but a great challenge. A typical day for me was to start at 4.30am and start slicing cold cut meats eg ham/beef etc, cleaning out dishes and presentation for the window. Cooked my meats which included pork, beef, and glazed ham. By 5am I had to put the chickens in the oven for 1hr 20 ready for 6am cook to come in and bag them ready for 6am open. Then throughout the day having to slice as much luncheon and other cold meat for stock to last the night till closing time. I would finish at 1pm.
Pak n Save is very stressful
One person has to do about 3 people’s job

Shifts are waking up at 3am finish at 2pm by then you can’t do much in your day to day life.
Good working environment. Always care about their employees rights and demands. Safe working environment that gives you to work without risking your health
Been here 3 years it's pretty gd
Ups n downs like anywere

Gives school kids a helping hand

Free gym classes at activ8

Happy kind people

Easy to communicate with
A good job to have to get you into practice what work life is like.
Usually working in teams of 4-6 in your department there is a range of co workers with varying work responsibilities and roles.

Friendly and looking out to help where they can with either uncertainty of what your role includes or how to improve.
Working as a baker I began work at 4am and on an average finish around 1pm. it is a fast-paced environment having to produce stock in high quantities with limited time. All time members worked together and management are very helpful.
easy place to work, usually busy but makes the day go fast, set time schedule and hard to get time off if needed, have to have a really good reason. however lovely people and fun environment.