PAK'nSAVE

PAK'nSAVE Employee Reviews

Very stressful placs to work.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland15 January 2020
Invercargill paknsave. Department managment is unaprochable and can be nasty. Very toxic environment. Continually being told negative comment's about your work. Being blamed for other workers mistakes. Most of the checkout staff I worked with were lovely but there were ones who went to management to tell tales. They grind you down until you have no confidence. I was threatened, had hours taken off me when my contract gave me a certain amount of hours a week. If I did anything wrong it was discussed with me in front of other department members or customers instead of privately. You cant call in sick or be away for any reason without being treated and talked to like dirt. I walked out after a co worker I worked spoke to me like a was a piece of dirt on the floor and the department manager and 2IC as well. I ended up having anxiety attacks before work. It's a bad place to work I put up with it for 12 years 7months.
Productive and good place to have a fresh start
Produce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Albert, Auckland5 January 2020
I have been working at Pak n Save for almost 6 months and since the first day of working there, the atmosphere and the work environment is really friendly and productive. I work at the Produce department, all of my workmates are really friendly and hard-working, we collaborate as a good team and we never had any complicated issues at work.
My manager is also a good and dedicated person, always look after his employees and make sure we can work under a fun and non-pressure environment.
I would love to say Pak n Save is a good start for anyone want to have a stable job here in New Zealand
lovely people!
Checkout Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paraparaumu, Wellington19 December 2019
a lovely tight-knit place with lovely people to work for. there's lots of fun to be had all the time! if you work hard you can climb the ladder pretty easily.
Exceptional learning opportunities
Store manager Prior to this fresh foods manager. Floor manager (Former Employee) –  Tauranga City, Bay of Plenty13 December 2019
Fast paced and plenty of opportunities to own your area of concern
Promotion opportunities from within are often available
Real learning allowing skills to be shown off ie people skills face to face with the public and your own teams, as well as all suppliers
Career opportunity
Baker (Former Employee) –  New Zealand25 November 2019
Great place to work , all staff is friendly and helpful, every holiday the work place provided a free lunch buffet and Christmas week we were given movies tickets as a sign of appreciation for the work we have provided, management was very professional .
Fun co-workers
Butchery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago20 October 2019
the co-workers we always friendly and lovely. really made the job easier to do and they helped out a ton.
learnt full time work is hard and exhausting.
management was alright but not the best.
Damaging to your mental wellbeing
Butchery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Invercargill, Southland14 October 2019
Overall a very toxic work place, management will bully and undermine you and when you speak up they will make out like you're crazy, watched this happen to two different workers in my time time there.
Worst place to work,unless you only care about money
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland10 October 2019
Working at Pak n save is always stressful especially at checkout.worst management,poor coordination.breaks between the shifts is always unpredictable. A person starting shift at 7.30 am might receive a break for morning tea at 11 am!...
Full on Gossips, very poor work culture,lack of work appreciation.Often insulted in front of customers
superb team work and fun
Chilled and Frozen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, Auckland8 October 2019
I have spent almost 4 years at Pak n Save and have learned a lot, like management skills, dealing with difficult situations, staff management.
you will be more productive when you work like a leader, not a manager.
Toxic management
Seafood assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato7 October 2019
Typical day starts with filling up the glass case and whole fish displays. Getting told off by all kinds of management for non-existent problems and having to handle unhappy customers that are never right. I learned that speaking up gives me a target on my back and that its easier to blame the team on the mistakes in the department rather than trying to help fix the problems
I have noticed the management department rely on friendships
Checkout Operator and Grocery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flat Bush, Auckland30 September 2019
It’s hard to go further in the business as I have noticed biased decisions. I have worked there for a while now and I believe if you only want to be a Checkout Operator then this is the job for you but I like having bigger responsibilities. I like the challenge of not just being in control of just scanning groceries because I know the rules and the pressure of being capable of doing more. Therefore, I believe I should be offered the opportunity to experience other departments in the business.
fast paced
NIGHT SHIFT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton City, Waikato28 September 2019
ive worked there in hamilton it's great you get to work and have fun as well also night shift is really good not to many people in there at the way and you can get on with your working as well as helping out through your shift
Pros
lunches
collaborative
Frozen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland27 September 2019
Team work and coordination required with an eye to details. Lots of physical work and stamina to carry on 8 to 10 hours shifts, keeping an eye on the racks and store, in a safe manner.
Would not stay longterm
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, Tasman24 August 2019
It has its moments, you meet some nice people & some not so nice! Feel its not a team player environment, but work ok with other checkout members. Heavy lifting is involved & may cause back or muscle problems.
Disgusting behaviour from higher ups.
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Dunedin, Otago21 August 2019
Check out operators all get treated terribly from everyone higher up, everything is unorganised, leave doesn't get approved until the day of the leave, they make it really hard for you to call in sick and still want you to come in a day after throwing up which is unsanitary and gross, overall it's horrible to work here
Good for a temporary job
Checkouts Operator (Current Employee) –  Clendon Park, Auckland12 August 2019
Busy hours are usually the evening shift around office hours end time about 5-6 at night. Staff are great. Customers can be challenging at times. hardest part is probably getting part time shifts that are acceptable for your schedule.
Friendly and fun workplace
employee (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury29 July 2019
I had fun working working in Pak n save because i met so many costumers in a day and they were so nice. I love having a quick chat with them and the laughter. My work mates was so friendly, they would help and teach me when I have something that I do not know or when my area is really busy they would come and give a hand. I loved working with them especially with my supervisor because she was so nice and she would always try to make us laugh.
Pros
a tv and a couch
Cons
hard to go for sick leave when you're sick
Pak'nsave
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  New Plymouth, Taranaki27 July 2019
I did not like working at pak'nsave, I genuinely felt mistreated by the supervisors and some of the other staff. The atmosphere made me not want to turn up for shifts.
Pros
nothing
Cons
negative atmosphere
fun working place
chilled and frozen (Former Employee) –  Auckland City, Auckland23 July 2019
the employees there were really healful it was also a fun working environment learnt a lot of new things while working at pak n save, ive worked nearly every apartment except butchery.
Pros
sometimes lunches are shouted
Productive and enjoyable
Grocery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thames, Waikato21 July 2019
This place of work is enjoyable, staff and management are very good.
Hardest part I found was loading the shelves up with water all day, but other than that algood
Pros
Extra hours if needed