Party City Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 7,127 reviews

it’s a good and easy work love to help out with other people such as customers

it’s a good and easy work love to help out with other people such as customers. i like to get things done right and get everything done on time. i’m alway on top with my thing.

Pros

get to listen music after the store close

Cons

short breaks (30mins)

A great work environment with the right people around you. Definitely cheerful and enjoyable with the right company and customers

Great place 4 working if you are a people person. Highly recommend looking for the right team to work with and definitely have an energetic attitude.

Pros

A great work environment with the right people, Food brought in on occasion (sometimes donuts in the morning depending on shift), Knowing regulars that come in for certain items, and great interactions

Cons

- Semi-short breaks

It was good as a high school job

Seasonal job. They fire you once Halloween is over. I had fun working with some of my friends but that was mainly it. Breaks are only 30 minutes and you only there temporarily.

Pros

Coworkers were fun

Cons

Short breaks

Good Job, Bad Management

I’ve been working for 9 months and a management position opened and rather than offering the job to someone who had plenty of experience I was given excuses and not promoted. Beyond that the job itself as a sales associate is easy and fun even, just one of my managers was extremely unwelcoming and ultimately the reason I’m choosing to quit. I was started at 9$/hr and the company raised everyone to 10$/hr.

Pros

30% Discount, decent pay

Cons

No benefits

I love it

I never had an issue working here. They worked around my schedule and pay was okay. I love blowing up balloons and dealing with customers. Good for a first time job.

Pros

Good pay, fun

Cons

Non

Somewhat flexible, management is clueless.

Management has no idea how to run a store probably because they rarely visit the stores.. hours get cut constantly with short notice because they can’t accurately predict sales. Their systems and applications are equivalent to something you would use 10-20 years ago.. every new update creates 3 new problems.

Pros

Laid back work environment Somewhat flexible

Cons

Upper management Regional management District management Archaic technology Pointless ‘training’

Good place

I enjoyed the job. It was low stress and a supportive environment. I learned how to tie balloons. My coworkers were nice and I got to get to know them.

Great place for part timer

Party City does have months were the day will be completely busy. They will train you on how to inflate balloons and all the information surrounding it. You have to pick online orders and get deliveries.

Pros

Make great friends, creative side comes out, employee discount

Cons

Halloween is busy, alone at register at time

Can be enjoyable with the right co-workers.

Fun job with the right co-workers. Most of the time understaffed so if there's a rush or holiday it gets stressful. Had to leave because I was there for 3 years and never got a raise. Meanwhile the manager was cutting hours so they can get a bonus for the next year.

Pros

Discount, pretty simple job, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Only 30 minutes break, understaffed, low pay.

Okay work environment

I was seasonal during Halloween. It wasn’t bad working there but it could’ve been better. Depending on what you’re doing that day it’s a lot of standing in the same place. The only thing I didn’t really like was that I never got a break and I would usually work for 6 hrs. I think you would need to to work like 7 hrs to get a 15 min break. The management is nice tho. No issues with them or fellow coworkers

Pros

Pretty easy tasks

Cons

Have to work for a long time to receive a break

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Party City Corporation?

Fun working environment for those that love the holidays!

I really enjoyed my time at Party City as a part-time employee. It helped introduce me to the world of retail, and while some customers were rude, the majority were quite pleasant to deal with. Co-workers were outstanding and are the ones that really made the job enjoyable. The busiest times are graduation season, Halloween, and New Year's Eve, but it was a blast and I would rather the store be busy than empty.

Pros

Very flexible with your school or other work schedules.

Cons

No benefits for part timers (but that doesn't seem to be a common thing anywhere)

it gives me a head ache going there

they’re cutting everyone’s hours by A LOT because party city isn’t making enough money. at first it was really fun working here and everyone was nice then it just became an annoying and judgmental place

Stressful and messy

When first starting the job, management and training was not that good. Second day on the job, they had me in the front alone, taking care of calls, answering questions from customers (and had no idea on how to answer some of the questions as I was not trained anything), handling balloon orders, and working the cashier. I had to figure things out on my own and it was honestly pretty stressful. I was given no information on how online systems would work, discounts, deals, new merchandise or anything going on in the store. When customers would ask questions, especially over the phone , I would have to figure out things on the spot. I would be taught things only when I asked, which is usually after looking dumb for not knowing how to do something. After getting the hang of everything, it would be a pretty easy going job. But there is still not much of a system going on and you would often hear different things from different managers, and a lot of just winging it most of the time especially during chaotic Halloween shifts. If they had a better system on teaching or training new employees, and had less of messy management, it would be better and way more easygoing. The managers were always nice and accommodating though and coworkers were very easy going. Very much high school vibes though in terms of work environment.

Pros

chill work environment, flexible scheduling, cool managers and coworkers

Cons

messy, unorganized, no system

It’s a job

It’s a job. Over the last two years the level of value they have placed into their employees has dropped to nearly nothing. There is no advancements and no recognition of hard work. Easily replaceable in the eyes of your dm.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Low pay, no advancement, poor treatment, bad upper management

It was okay

It was like any other retail job. Some managers were cool and others were not so cool. I started as a cashier and made my way up to manager, but only because it was convenient. Not really worth it.

Pros

Manager makes cookies sometimes, simple and easy work

Cons

low pay, customer service can be exhausting

Fun place to wirk

Fun and open environment to work in. Be open to working on your feet and be super friendly as it is a party environment. Lots of candy and stocking to look forward to.

People make it worthwhile

The work is like any other retail job, plus blowing up balloons. Working in a store with costumes, toys, and candy is pretty fun too. The real difference is in the people working there. The managers at my store were the best people I've ever worked with-- they genuinely cared about creating a good work environment for employees. Very flexible with scheduling shifts, and totally helpful with anything you needed while at work.

Pros

management, employee discount, fun environment

Cons

minimum wage

Just a stepping stone to a actual job

If you need your first job or something to help build customer service skills then sure, work here. This company isn’t the best, it’s just a job. They expect a lot from you for minimal wage and work life balance is non-existent definitely if you are in a supervisory or management role.

Cons

No work-life balance, not fun, they set you up to fail

Party city is a fun job. There’s always something to do and learn. Great for a first time job.

Party city gives you loads of experience. Customer service is very important for this job. Always learning something new is fun. Balloons are beautiful. Only thing negative is how they do hours. At first I had loads of hours i was earning lots of money. And once seasonal hit for halloween, all my hours were shortened. I work about two days a week now, which as a college student does not help me at all.

Pros

Learning new things and gaining lots of experience

Cons

Low amount of hours

Destroying the moral in the companies it buys out.

Corporate is systematically removing all incentives for employees, reducing benefits, and killing moral. Very disappointing. Deco Paper Product's used to be a good place to work where the employees were valued and appreciated.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

Everything else.

Not all but some managers are very rude and disrespectful

The store is disorganized, management is disorganized, communication is horrible, some of the managers are very rude although a few are nice, but some don’t treat employees with respect are very unprofessional and working there sucks because of lack of management and wouldn’t work there again

Pros

Free candy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9