Party City Corporation
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Party City Corporation Employee Reviews

3.6Work–Life Balance

Showing all 7,219 reviews

An average place to work

It’s a decent place to work. You’ll have to deal with customers a lot, but it is a fast paced environment— especially on Saturdays. Graduation and Halloween seasons are the busiest. There’s always something to do, at least. Balloon Counter, Stocking items, etc.

Fun

Good work fun fun fun. Happy environment with great management and good staff. Things don’t go unnoticed and of all the jobs I’ve worked it’s been the most professional. Also, there are some stricter rules just because Party City is on the stock market. Managers didn’t really enforce the strictest stuff, they just were clear on what you should not talk about when talking about your job like sales, new products, etc.

Fast paced workplace

Very busy during the fall. Always something to be done, supportive team, busy weekend shifts. Expect to do a lot of multitasking. Good for a first job experience.

Fun place to work

I was only there for seasonal and it was a pretty fun place to work. They take thing serious but they also make things fun that you don't mind going into work. Everyone was helpful and great to work with. I met one of my best friend there. And I stayed connected with the manager there still till this day. Like I said it was only seasonal, I wish it was a permanent job

Pros

Great people to work with/for

Cons

It was only seasonal. I would of really like to be there permanently

A decently laid back environment

It was nice but the work got way to repetitive fast . Sometimes you are over worked and put on an absolutely awful time scale and other times you sit there and do nothing.

Party City Review

The job was decent and would recommend to someone who is looking to work here for a first job. The pay is not good but they do have really cool incentives for their employees.

Atrocious

The two stores in the Richmond area are owned by the same family. The same family that will take other people's actions out on you and not do what they promise. You will be underpaid and underappreaciated, the customers are god awful, coming in for last minute party things they knew months in advance, and then get mad at you because its out of stock or you don't even carry it. Don't work at the Richmond va broad street or Southside locations, you've been warned.

Cons

It's easier as you get used to it.

I love this job, don't get me wrong, but it's the first few weeks that are going to be your hardest battle. You learn as you go and it leads to a lot of nervousness and being lectured by other coworkers or managers. I think that's what stops a lot of new hires from actually wanting to succeed. But when you get through the harder stuff, the job is worth it. I didn't expect the managers to be so relaxed and calm, and didn't expect the crew to be so friendly.

Nice company to work for

I enjoyed working here, wonderful upbeat environment. Great experience loved the Halloween season. Opportunity for advancement. If you love balloons, costumes and just all around fun on the job this is the place.

Awful

Managers don’t manage. They expect way too much and don’t give anything in return. You earn vacation time that you’re never allowed to take. The people at the top play favorites and belittle those below them. The shifts are terrible and must if the time you cant take a break because of lack of staffing.

Unrealistic Expectations

Too many daily tasks with minimal staff and constant customer interaction. The back-biting is horrible within management as well. Not a very productive environment.

Terrible company to work for

I was promoted twice given more responsibilities but was never compensated for it. Management had poor planning in scheduling. I gave them a spread sheet of all the days I needed off, and they were approved. But then got yelled at for "leaving" them all alone and I was blamed for not making sure they didn't schedule me again.

Pros

Easy job can do the bare minimum and still look like a star employee.

Cons

Non existence breaks, understaffed, toxic environment.

A good first job experience, however it lacks certain qualities.

During busy days management expects you to do everything at once. you have to climb about 30 feet high up a ladder to find and retrieve a back item with 2 mins while restacking the back items and answering phone calls. Management was also really rude.

Pros

Discount on all the stuff in the store.

Cons

Poor management.

Mentally Draining

This job sets impossible expectations most of the time. None of the corporate or district managers even understand what its like to work in the store. They do not care about you as a person and will do anything they can to pay you the least amount possible. No overtime allowed only when approved. I’ve had to remove hours from my timecard because of this many times. They claim that payroll is always tight and my store is ALWAYS short staffed. I worked there for 2 years with experience as a team member and manager. No one cares about you there just themselves, I kill myself at this job everyday just to try to make everyone elses life a little easier and i just get consequences for it. Do not work here unless you want to feel depressed all the time with a big bright fake smile on your face. the amount of times ive had a breakdown in the middle of my shift is just sad.

Fun Place to work Management just suck.

Working a 8 hour shift sometimes with no break. Managers don't care about your well being. Having good coworkers will make it a good experience as well as seeing a smile on the children's faces.

Cons

30 min break

I would never work here again

This store does not feel the need to respect, appreciate or protect their employees or customers. There are many issues with management and the staff.

Treated poorly

Treated with little to no respect. Management would turn on their own staff when customer conflict would arise, blaming their employee for whatever the problem may be even if it wasn’t in the employees control (i.e. products being out of stock, long lineups at cash).

Almost impossible expectations, do not care at all about their PEOPLE

When working with Party City, expect one major thing: customers MATTER.No one and nothing else.No, they dont care about your vacation time. If your manager leaves, they'll frequently cause a manager from another store to be "acting manager" of yours in ADDITION to theirs so that they dont have to promote someone to the hire pay position. Customers are allowed to treat you like absolute DIRT and you're still supposed to say "yes massa!" and give them WHATEVER they want. They offer little to support their people. During covid, employees who tested positive were expected to come in if no one else was "available" to cover.In management, I was expected to work MANY all-day shifts when we were short staffed because hiring another assistant or actual store team leader would cost the company more, after all.With Party City, expect a fun environment with great coworkers and a company that forces you to push delivery services and up sales on customers that clearly DON'T want it and hold customer surveys against you about things such as "not having enough boy themed 16th birthday" that you have no control over while working for a company that doesnt care about you or how great your sales are but having EXTREMELY high expectations of even the floor worker making $8 an hr.

Regular minimum wage job demanding too much.

This job is your standard minimum wage job. Your managers are pretty helpful if you need them to help with customers, but they’re just as stressed out as you are. Never work here full time of you have the choice.

Pros

30% off merchandise

Cons

Demanding Stressful

Fun place to work but a bit all over the place

To me it’s just an specialized dollar store for parties. The one I was working at needed a huge update better management team and just a new overall direction

It okay for high school students. Pay starts at 10 an hour and will stay at 10 until you leave

It’s an okay job for high school students or part time employees . There not any raises to be expected . They expect you to work every Saturday even if you want every other Saturday off.

Pros

Lenient schedule

Cons

Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Party City Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Party City Corporation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?