Paychex, Inc.

Paychex, Inc. Employee Reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,891 reviews

Great training program

I learned a lot of valuable skills in my current position. We had weekly team training, in conjunction with an internal LMS that provided courses to improve our product knowledge.

Paychex

Work life balance is amazing but processes change constantly to try and obtain more clients. While it's imperative to the company to increase sales, employee satisfaction and work load is often overlooked in this pursuit.

Great benefits

Very flexible with appointments and making up time whenever. Benefits are decent. Three tiers of health insurance make it easy if you don’t really use it.

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to work. Very positive and motivating environment. Would recommend to a friend. Great training and commitment to fostering teamwork and winning the right way.

Great first job

This is a good place to work after college for the short term. As an adult with many years of career experience it feels very much like high school. Micromanaged, favorites get better territory, ladder climbing managers, etc. This is why I left six months ago.

Great environment, good team members. Someone was always willing to help where needed. It’s fast paced job so your day goes by super fast! Lots to learn and they pay is fair.

Good company, poor job

Good company to work for. The Payroll Specialist position should be used as a stepping stone to do other things within the company. Lots of jobs and open positions in many cities around the US.

Good sales gig

Great sales job, right out of school with little to no sales experience. A lot of hard work due to all the different hcm companies. Have to stick it out at least a year

Supportive and hardworking team

The job can be very demanding. It requires a lot of knowledge/experience to be successful. The compensation should be higher for how much is expected, but I do really enjoy my work and my team.

Paychex is a great company with good benefits.

Good company, they expect you to perform and produce. This requires different departments working closely together. If a person or persons decides not to cooperate for whatever reason, it directly affects your success. Management needs to be more aware of this.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Inexperienced management

Great Culture - Pay is Okay

The company has really good culture and the people are generally great. The job can be challenging as you on referrals. There’s room for advancement and career growth

Good place to grow

There's a lot to learn , but people are always there to help and noone will leave you out to dry. Good managers in my experience. Good culture, they take care of their people

Terrible support and unrealistic workload.

Paychex is one of the worse companies I've ever worked for! Management cracks the whip, and demands more production with little to no onsite support. Management tends to bully through their 'micro-management' tactics. Working for that company is incredibly stressful, it's not worth it. Stay away from that place! Their training is not real life situations, that an employee would encounter.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Unrealistic workload load, terrible training. Management is ineffective. Horrible company.

Sold a dream, given a nightmare

Starts off great but you'll soon realize the people around you are burned out and lack the same enthusiasm as you. The workload is unmanageable, causing clients to escalate often. Most clients are unhappy due to the fact that we cannot give them the time and attention they need. If you are good at your job, you will deal 3x the workload compared to someone who isn't. Most workers are on some form of FMLA and within time, you will understand why.

Pros

Diverse, excellent health care packages, generous PTO

Cons

Workload, Mandatory OT, Poor management skills

Paychex Proud

Couldn't be happier to be at Paychex. The culture here is incredible, and being able to provide industry leading technology and services to our clients is one of the best feelings in the world.

No one cared

The management did not care about the employees the way they said they did it was oh well to bad and the leadership was not there for people who needed alittle help

Pros

Pay

Cons

Leadership

Too much work with little support

I've worked here at least several years and each year end season has become progressively worse. You are micro managed expected to work massive amounts of overtime way into the night and spend little time with your family and the amount of work needed to be done for each new client which is at least 25 a day in an 8 hour period is ridiculous with no support. The pay is not good enough for what is demanded of us

Productive fun place to work

Awesome Productive fun place to work. I really enjoyed it. Best ever. I would definitely recommend this company. Very fast pace work allows for day to go by fast.

Needs improvement

Too many clients assigned to each payroll specialist. Management was either uninvolved or micro managers. Training needs improvement. Not paid enough.

Great place to work.

This is great place to work, pay is great the bosses are are friendly and helpful. The best benefits and work environment. I never had a job that cares about its employees as much as this one. Not one thing bad to say about my experience while I worked here.

Cliquey, poor management, poor work life balance

Manager definitely played favorites, it’s ok when you’re a favorite. When you’re not, the entire team will hate you and talk poorly of you in senior team meetings (only the favorites). Very micromanaged. Mandatory overtime or else you won’t get your work done, although the expectations are so high you won’t get it done anyways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paychex, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Paychex, Inc.