Paycom

Paycom Employee Reviews

Wild Ride
Payroll Specialist Senior 3 (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK21 February 2020
Be ready for a wild ride because no day is like the other. There is never an end as once you get your clients in order, you will get more clients. A lot of new client specialists are more concerned with getting the clients passed to you and don't care about how they were set up causing issues from day 1 when you get them. You don't feel comfortable taking a day off because you will have hundreds of emails to review the next day. Team Leads are not trained in dealing with issues and is very cliquey to get moved up or around.
Pros
pay, $4 lunches, gym
Cons
erratic communication, work/life balance, respect
25 February 2020

We're sorry to learn your experience was not more positive. As a high-growth organization, there are definitely busy times. As you noted you’re no longer with the company, we suspect your account of our service department may be of a historical perspective. We pride ourselves on continuous learning and refining our processes. So you may find things are quite a bit different since you left. For instance, our inbound call volume has decreased despite our client count increasing, which is a testament to our product and internal efficiencies. With that said, we also understand a career at Paycom is not perfect for everyone. We will be sure to share your feedback with our leadership team and wish you all the best.

The Worst Experience I've Had
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA19 February 2020
I have worked at multiple companies, with multiple managers, all within the sales arena. This company will pay, but the opportunity to succeed is extremely low. The manager I had was promoted prematurely with no management skill, and within 7 months every single sales person except for one turned over, noting him as the main issue. No work life balance. Expect to work 70 hours a week and get no kind of respect for your efforts. The majority of the early success many people see was driven by luck and favoritism of the manager deciding who to give hot leads to. Glad I am not working there anymore.
24 February 2020

We’re sorry to read you were not happy with your time at Paycom. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you took the opportunity to voice your concerns through the established channels prior to departing Paycom. We will share your feedback with the management team and thank you for your time at Paycom.

Worst company - do not join here
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK17 February 2020
Worst Work-life balance. They suddenly fire people for every 3 months. Worst management style, they evaluate the work for every 2 weeks and display bottom performed developer's names on board on every floor. They stress out people.
Cons
Overall great company with the wrong people in management
Paycom Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 February 2020
Overwhelming workload with a dictator-like mentality on process "improvements". Radical changes are made without any thought as to how it will affect the people actually doing the job. Feedback is not welcome, and if you speak out against issues you will be terminated
13 February 2020

We are saddened to see this as your experience, especially as a current employee. We always welcome feedback, as it is how we continue to grow and improve as an organization. We encourage you to reach out and share these thoughts with your HR Business Partner, as we'd like to the opportunity to understand how we can help. We will be sure to share this feedback with our leadership team.

Bait and Switch
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK8 February 2020
Paycom is a company that stresses the importance of feeling lucky to have made it in the company in the first place.

Management runs on more of a high school principle, where the more you fit in and hit metrics, the higher you rise.

No work life balance, and your job role changes weekly. Would not recommend to anyone I like
Pros
People in Oklahoma think it looks good on a resume
Cons
Complete waste of my time
10 February 2020

We’re disappointed to learn that you were unhappy during your time at Paycom. We hope that you shared this feedback with your HR Business Partner during your exit interview, as this will allow our team to continue identifying opportunities for improvement and innovation. We wish you great success in your future endeavors.

Tax Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK7 February 2020
My experience at Paycom has been overwhelmingly positive. There are ample growth and development opportunities, a collaborative, solution-focused environment, & a great group of coworkers. Each day provides unique challenges, but you are always provided with the resources needed to succeed. The great culture and environment are reflected in the continued success of the company.
Pros
Catered lunches, on site gym, great culture, caree growth
Cons
Not a place where you can be successful without challenging yourself
10 February 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We appreciate all of your hard work and are happy to have you on our team!

This IS the company you want to work for!
Regional Director of Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK28 January 2020
So many positives to say about Paycom, so much opportunity for development and advancement!

Paycom lives on building & growing an amazing culture and you can feel the energy the minute you step through the door! Yes, we work hard but it is worth it. Our clients expect a lot and we deliver the best-in-class product & service.

I believe the Executive Leadership Team is focused on continuing to make Paycom better year over year and I believe they appreciate their employees and continue to work every day to make things better for us.
30 January 2020

We are so thrilled that you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We are consistently voted one of the best places to work because of our employees' hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm! Thank you for being a part of our team!

Hardest part of job
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK23 January 2020
In Paycom, the times are not flexible we have come at sharp 8 AM and leave at sharp 5 PM. Also, we do not have work from home, the pay is also very low.
24 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback, and will be sure to share it with the leadership team. We wish you success in your future endeavors!

Horrible work environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK19 January 2020
Management does not care about all employees, just answer the phone.
Their is such turn-over your never sure day to day who will be there. I had 3 team leaders within a few years.
22 January 2020

We're saddened to see this as your experience. As an employee-focused organization, we strive to serve both our team and our clients with the utmost passion and purpose. We appreciate you providing us with this feedback, and we will be sure to share this with our leaders. We wish you great success in your future endeavors.

Overworked Under Paid/Very Lean Organization
HCM BUSINESS CONSULTANT & PAYROLLACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX16 January 2020
Working as a Paycom specialist you are tied to a phone, and have to a call center metrics. There is no work/life balance, and the compensation is not aligned to the workload. Pay does not offer the best benefits and time off. There is lack of resources, development/training to perform your role at a high level. There are several employees out on leave within the organization due to the workload and stress of this job.
22 January 2020

Our employees' well-being is one of our biggest priorities, and we are disheartened to read your assessment. Paycom strives to provide top-shelf training and resources for all of our employees, preparing them for success both professionally and personally. We encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner, as we would like to learn more about your feedback and how we can help. We appreciate you being a part of our team, and we will be sure to share this with our leaders.

Benefits Coordinator
Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 December 2019
The work load is very heavy and don’t feel the compensation for an entry level position and work load you get is fair. There is also no incentive to continue an education because they have no tuition incentives. Advancement is unlikely unless you have a degree or can manage an extreme work load to prove yourself.
2 January 2020

Thank you for providing this feedback. As an active employee, we encourage you to reach out to your HR Business Partner so we may better address your concerns regarding workload. Paycom is committed to offering competitive compensation, including benefits, in addition to providing multiple surveys throughout the year to gauge employee needs. We are always looking to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your commitment and look forward to continuing this discussion with you!

Senior Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK10 December 2019
I loved working here. Management encourages you to grow and to learn. You are always learning new parts of the system, and helping clients get to where they need to be
12 December 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your position at Paycom! We wish you the best in all of your future endeavors!

A great place to work - Day 1 and Day 365
Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 November 2019
Love it here, couldn't be happier with my choice to be at Paycom. The people are the BEST! Great leadership, timely feedback, feeling of accomplishment. It does not get any better than this!
2 December 2019

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so thrilled that you are enjoying your career! We appreciate you being a part of our team!

Great place to work!
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK29 November 2019
Since the time I joined, Paycom provided me great opportunities to learn new things which helped me grow personally and professionally. Management is very supportive when our team handles challenging tasks. Paycom HR cultivated a fun and friendly work culture that motivates employees to be more productive and happy.
2 December 2019

Thank you for the review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying the Paycom culture! We appreciate you being a part of our team!

Productive and Fun place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK27 November 2019
Great atmosphere to collaborate with coworkers
Constantly challenged by projects
Developing leadership skills
Constantly improving processes
Slow adoption on new technology
Sometimes siloed mentality
29 November 2019

Thank you for the review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We appreciate you being a part of our team!

A great place to learn, achieve and advance
Software Development Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK26 November 2019
Paycom is the first place I have worked at that has given me the opportunity to expand my horizons both technically and professionally. In my time at Paycom I have grown my knowledge and experience in several areas and continue to this day.
27 November 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We excited for you to continue to grow and expand your horizons with us! Thank you for being a part of our team!

Tech Company in the Heartland
Software Developer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK26 November 2019
Paycom is an awesome technology company right here in Oklahoma. Amazing opportunities to grow in your career as more often then not promotes from within.

Values ideas and innovation while combined with awesome teams makes it a great place to work and build things together.
27 November 2019

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your career with us!

It looks good on your resume
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK20 November 2019
This place felt largely unorganized. The politics there were out of control. People were always scared they would lose their job for small mistakes. Leadership will scapegoat you in a heartbeat. If you are looking for entry level work that will look good on a resume after a couple years this is the place to go otherwise avoid it all costs.
26 November 2019

We're sorry to learn that your experience was not more positive. We hope you shared these sentiments in your exit interview. We appreciate all of the contributions you made while a part of the Paycom team, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Stay away
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  NCS20 November 2019
Paycom is the most disorganized company I've ever worked for. The "culture" here doesnt exist. Its just a distraction to make up for the fact that they will work you into the ground. Their deadlines are stupidly tight. No advancement unless you have a degree - does not matter how much time you put in here or how well of a job you do.Dont expect to have a life while working here, you will be expected to work every weekend of your life and if you dont you will be looked down on. Paycom is a company that is growing too fast and cant keep up with their demands and if you're a sucker like me and end up working here, you will find that out for yourself very soon.
26 November 2019

We are sad to see this as your experience. While we do not agree with all of the statements made, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. We do recognize that workloads may increase seasonally for some departments to ensure that we are providing the best support to our clients and meeting their needs. As an employee-focused organization that values all of our employees' experiences, we hope you have also shared these concerns with your HR business partner. We will be sure to share your feedback with our leadership team. Thank you for being a part of Paycom!

Vague Code of Conduct
HCM Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK13 November 2019
They have very strict rules, some of which are never even told to staff. They are not hesitant to fire people even with only circumstantial evidence. It's a great place to work, but they need to be more clear on fireable offenses.
14 November 2019

We appreciate your feedback. We hope you took the opportunity to voice your concerns through the established channels prior to departing Paycom. As an employee-centered organization, we strive to ensure that we are transparent in all of our communications and that our employees feel their opinions are valued. We will share your feedback with our leadership team. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycom. Our community is ready to answer.