Paycom

Paycom Employee Reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Good company to work for to get feet wet in Corporate, but lacks longterm

Paycom was my first job out of college and it was a good place to network and build report, however, Paycom has a ton of growing pains.L&D in my opinion continued to get shortened when I believe necessary training was critical for any promotions, transfers, or fresh new hires to do the job efficiently.

Pros

$4 lunches, gated campus, excellent benefits

Cons

Lack of in-person tax specific training in TX, growing too quickly, Company is also a fully remote work place and no remote options

2 February 2023
Paycom provides our team members with ample opportunities for development, and we're glad this was your experience. If you have additional feedback to share, we encourage you to reach out at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Good if you are someone management likes

Working for this company is definitely been a horrible experience. HR did not help or listen to anything that was said. They do not teach thing’s required

Pros

$4 lunch

Cons

No help to learn the job, they advance who they take a liking to.

Challenging, Innovative, Agile workspace with a focus on people

Growth is inescapable working at Paycom. Getting comfortable in the uncomfortable while managing a sensitive space such as payroll and HR, the company and it's leaders continuously push for a better environment and product for it's internal and external customers.

Pros

Compensation/Benefits, Leadership Development, Discounted Meals, Recreation Spaces

26 January 2023
At Paycom, we embrace challenges that make us better professionals, and we're glad this has been a positive experience for you. Thank you for being a committed member of the team!

Leadership truly cares about the people

Leaders care about the people. They consider the employees, shareholders and our values in every decision. We are a growth company so we work fast, not everyone can thrive in that environment.

Pros

The leadership and the people

24 January 2023
It's rewarding to know our leadership has made you feel supported in your career at Paycom. We appreciate your review!

The most rewarding career

Paycom is one of the best places a sales professional can choose to work. There are hundreds of resources available to ensure everyone has success both inside and outside of the workplace.

Pros

Amazing healthcare, pay & management that will bend over backward to help you achieve your goals.

24 January 2023
We're glad you're enjoying a rewarding career at Paycom! Thank you for your hard work and for taking the time to leave us your review.

What is the best part of working at the company?Not worth your time to apply. Skip this company and move on.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?ManagementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?You are just a person to fill a spot. They don't care about you.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Being bored

23 January 2023
We're disappointed to read your review and would like to learn more about your described experience as a member of our tax team. Reach out to our HR professionals at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, and we will be in touch.

Great place for advancement

I had a good experience at paycom while I was here. An average day was productive and steady. Management was fair and helpful. The coworkers were too.

23 January 2023
We're glad you enjoyed your career at Paycom, and we wish you luck in your future endeavors. Thank you for your review!

Lots of work- OK compensation

The company is growing but the salary doesn’t seem to match. Hardly any WLB. Great benefits. PTO accrual policy could use some work. Company refuses to allow work from home opportunities

17 January 2023
We appreciate your feedback and are glad you're enjoying Paycom's top-tier benefits. If you'd like to discuss your review in further detail, contact our HR professionals at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

This company is a cancer

The morals and ethics of this company are the worst in Oklahoma. Stay far away. There used to be perks. Boxes of gifts and fun events in lieu of a good pay. Now they pay you terribly and never have events or send gifts. Are they losing money or do they just hate their employees now? They refuse to invest in the SQAs wanting to get certifications or diversify their skillsets. The people at the top of this company is nothing short of evil and I hope they think of the lives they have ruined when they try to sleep at night.

13 January 2023
r leaders work hard to ensure our team members have access to top-tier benefits and prioritize team member well-being. We are also actively cheering on all team members that work to develop their professional skills and achieve their professional goals. If you'd like to discuss your review in further detail, you're welcome to contact our HR professionals at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

Great benefits and a Fun place to learn and grow.

I love the $1 health insurance provided for employees only. Also, I have learned to embrace my leadership skills and work as a team. The hardest part of the job as a Corporate Security Officer is to master patience, when employees do not follow company rules or safety. What I enjoy the most of my job is providing a safe work environment for employees.

Pros

I love the $1 health insurance and catered meals.

Cons

Parking.

10 January 2023
We are so grateful for our security officers that work tirelessly to keep Paycom safe. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review!

Mediocre place to work

The company is moving away from WFH despite their employees' requests. The pay is mediocre but with having to come in to office makes it not worth it for a lot of people.The work itself isn't very hard and there's not too much stress on a day to day basis. My coworkers were all very nice to work with but upper management does not care about the people.

Pros

healthcare

Cons

below average compensation

Great enjoinment to learn and grow!

My team is constantly pushing ourselves to be the very best in everything we do. I have learned so much here in 1 YEAR, then I have at other companies!

Pros

Company Perks!

27 December 2022
Supportive and uplifting team dynamics are a staple of the Paycom culture, and we're happy you are experiencing this! Thank you for your review and for being a part of the team!

Out of touch

Management's insistence on bringing the workforce back to the office after having a largely successful work from home culture shows that leadership is out of touch

Pros

benefits, pay, advancement can come quickly if you want them

Cons

you won't be treated like a human

You will love working here!

I started at Paycom in an entry level position in 2015. Immediately, the culture was great and the people I worked with were welcoming. I quickly moved into several other positions so growth and development is always forefront if you like learning new things. As a leader, I was given the opportunity to continue growth mindset in others and help make the culture even better. To me, the culture is inclusive, encouraging, coaching, empathic, and fun. Even after being a leader for several years, I am constantly looking at ways to improve and connect. This is highly encouraged by management so I never feel like I don't have room to stretch. Never have I worked at a place that cares so much for their employees' well-being. Conversations about life/work balance and mental health take place on a regular basis with emphasis on the many services or benefits offered to help with them. Health insurance is one dollar for employees. I cover my entire family of four and it is half the monthly amount of my husband's health insurance. HALF!

Pros

catered lunches, friendly/inclusive work environment, competitive salary, affordable healthcare

Cons

Challenging work, learning curve

22 December 2022
We’re happy to know you found your home at Paycom! Your description of our culture aligns directly with the expectations we have for ourselves as a leading employer. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback.

Everyone is nice, but it is a stereotypical office job

The building and amenities are nice. We get $1 healthcare and there is maternity and paternity leave which is nice. Lower management is nice and I have a supportive TL and coworkers, but upper management is horrible and not to be trusted. I know of people that drive 4 hours from different states, or even fly in on an airplane just to come to office one day a week. Management just announced that we are coming back in office next month, 5 days a week, even though they promised us earlier this year that we would stay 4/1 hybrid/ remote. There is no reason other than upper managements "feelings." We also are not paid well compared to other companies. A lot of the IT department is leaving in flocks right now due to upper management's blindside announcement. I feel that they hire young, naïve new grads and there is not much room for growth here. Most people stay a couple years then leave. It's a good way to get a foot in the tech door and learn, but not a place to retire at. They are also behind and stuck in the past when it comes to the testing and dev materials used. The actual product is overpriced and old. Workload is stressful and too much. Workplace culture is a toxic corporate culture, Paycom first. They encourage employees to compete for leaderboards, and pressure Employees to do unpaid, overtime work for the company in the Summer for the chance of winning small prizes. They treat people in different departments differently. Sales is spoiled, while QA gets nothing. PSD is the worst/most stressful job. Avoid at all costs.

Pros

Free soda fountain in office, nice coworkers

Cons

Toxic corporate culture, Management does not care about employees, lies

Upper management does not care about their employees

In my nearly 2 years of working at Paycom, I have enjoyed getting to know & collaborate with my coworkers, TLs, and supervisors, and I would consider many of them friends who would advocate for me -- and I would do the same for them.However, upper management has made it clear that they view their employees as replaceable and that they expect Paycom to be the primary focus of their lives. During the recruiting process, many, many people in the QA department were promised that the WFH/4-1 schedule would be a permanent situation. Yet, they recently announced -- out of the blue, right before the holidays -- that we would be returning to office full time in January, which has left their employees scrambling to figure out how to completely rearrange their lives within one short month. They have not provided any reasoning beyond "leadership feels this is the right move" and refuse to concretely answer questions about why they are doing this when we have only ever been told that our performance during WFH has been stellar. Their response to our many concerns has been impersonal, inadequate, and, quite frankly, callous. Many levels of middle management were just as unaware of the changes being made as the employees at the bottom, and cannot provide guidance because they are just as confused and upset as we are.Paycom loves to advertise itself as a top workplace but the reality is far from it. The turnover rate is already high and their recent decision will only exacerbate that issue. Additionally, while the benefits are fairly good, the salaries for QA are not competitive within -

Pros

$1 healthcare, the people you directly work with are great

Cons

Culture, salary, upper management, office setup (broken equipment, cubicles hidden from sunlight)

Overworked, underappreciated

Within a year timeframe, they added over 3000 new clients and ZERO new agents to support those clients, so our workload skyrocketed. I was also told by my direct supervisor that I would not receive any more clients once I reached a certain level, but then I was assigned 8 new clients the very next week. Their reasoning was to give me a “buffer” for that pay level in case I lost any clients. Most of the people in my department that I was close to were constantly working mandatory overtime due to the huge client load we had to handle.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Overworked, very long days, poor support from management, poor communication in regards to issues/concerns

21 December 2022
We hope you took the time to express your concerns to your team lead and HR, and we'd like to learn more about your experience at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com. Paycom prioritizes open and honest communication between team members and their direct leadership. While your review is disappointing to read, we're thankful for feedback that will allow us to continue growing into a better organization.

Absolute Clown Show of a Company, lies to it's employees.

I was hired full time with a 4/1 hybrid schedule and was promised it would NOT change by my recruiter. They changed it within a month and are now requiring all tech employees back to the office full time with ONE MONTHS notice, after hiring hundreds of people with the promise of hybrid schedule.Management is terrible and the pay is low for the industry. They only care about sales, not the employees.

Pros

4 dollar lunches, cheap healthcare

Cons

Management lies, cheap pay, overbearing metrics, insane micromanagement

A great start

A place to get started in your HR career. Company has all the software you would need to learn to get ahead on employee recruiting and onboarding. Timekeeping is also a big issue of course.

15 December 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! Our training programs are one of the many reasons Paycom has become an industry leader in innovation and customer service.

Great company!

The couple years I have been here I have grown a lot. Processes keep changing and evolving keeping me on my toes. I love that I get to be part of a company that focuses on culture, values, and community. I have developed in my position and I keep on continuing to learn new things every day. Working with a team is truly the best as I get to learn from others and we grow to become like a family. Having a work/life balance is one of the things I really like as I get to spend quality time with my family at home. Also, the perks at working here are pretty good. If you’re looking to start your career, Paycom is a great company.

Pros

$4 lunches, $1 medical, great PTO accrual

Cons

More variety on lunches

14 December 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your Paycom experience. We appreciate you!

A productive and fun workplace

Paycom has been one of the best jobs I've ever had. The company is fantastic and genuinely cares for their employees. The different benefits offered as well as the random gifts that tend to go out makes me genuinely believe Paycom cares about their employees. I myself work in a customer facing dept at Paycom most days I spend on calls or answering emails from my clients with setup needs or even payroll questions.

Pros

Healthcare insurance for $1 If you are a single adult. Dental, Vision discounted lunches team environment with caring Managers and Supervisors

Cons

Year end is extremely busy and can be slightly discouraging

14 December 2022
Thank you for leaving us a review! It's exciting to know Paycom has provided you with professional fulfillment and joy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paycom. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Paycom