Paycom
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Paycom Employee Reviews

Great leadership in the TSR department. They try to promote from within. Year and quarter end can be a little hectic. The company has improved a lot to make implementations more streamlined than ever.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Work life balance can be a bit rough during quarter and year end
14 October 2020
Thank you for your review and feedback! We appreciate your time at Paycom and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Love the benefits and compensation. Really a dream product that you can feel confident in selling which is very important. You are definitely paid well for the hefty work that this job requires.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of independence, large work load
23 October 2020
Thank you for the review! We’re glad you’re enjoying our benefits and compensation packages.
I have excelled as a professional during my time at Paycom. It is incredible to have ownership over the entire sales process for a complex sale. We have gone up-market recently allowing for bigger opportunities and bigger financial gains.
26 October 2020
We’re excited you have excelled while being a part of our team! Thank you for the review.
I work a lot of hours. Answer lots of calls and emails. Stressed 25/8. Money is great. My mental health is dwindling down. But I have to keep pushing.
I love working with the people at Paycom. It is a great team environment and everyone is supportive. 12 weeks of maternity leave and $1 healthcare is something to be proud of. I am so grateful to work for a company with such great benefits and leaders that truly care about their employees. Be ready to work hard and learn a lot. Paycom will help you grow professionally and personally.
Pros
Benefits, people, leadership
16 October 2020
We are thrilled to hear you're enjoying the culture and benefits Paycom has to offer! Thank you for the 5-star review and for being a part of the team.
Great entry level positions for those who want to gain experience and move into leadership. The company changes at a rapid pace, which keeps ahead of competitors and the job fresh. Lots of onsite perks, though currently we are working from home due to the pandemic - employee safety is important to our leadership. Regular reviews and discussions about performance happen across departments.
Pros
job security, growth opportunities, gym, on site catered lunch, comprehensive benefits, employee appreciation
Cons
overtime and fast pace of work and change may be hard for some
16 October 2020
We’re so happy to hear you’re enjoying the many great benefits and growth opportunities Paycom has to offer! Thank you for the 5-star review.
In 6 years, I've been fortunate to grow into 4 different positions, all leading me towards a job that no longer feels like work! If you thrive in a high-energy environment, love to be challenged to be and do your best, and strive to never stop growing in your career, this is a great place to be.
Pros
Culture, opportunities, competitive pay
Cons
Work-life balance can be easy to lose if you don't make it a priority
13 October 2020
Thank you for the review and feedback. We take pride in supporting our team, and we're thrilled to see how this has impacted your life! We appreciate your hard work and thank you for being a part of the team.
Starting my first day was nerve racking for a very short time, my team put me at ease immediately. The culture at Paycom is like no other, you have so much knowledge at your finger tips and everyone is here to help you. I started entry level and now I am a Supervisor, I carry the mindset of servant leadership and helping everyone of my people grow! I am forever grateful for the opportunities I've been given at Paycom, and I look forward to see how much further we will go!
Pros
Culture, personal and professional development, $4 catered lunch, healthcare, Employee Stock Purchase Program
14 October 2020
We appreciate you sharing your experience from the start of your Paycom career to now! We’re excited you’re enjoying the many opportunities we have to offer. Thank you for being a part of the team!
I've worked in various capacities at Paycom and it has by far been the most challenging, yet rewarding work I've ever done. Paycom does not settle for mediocracy and demands high output to meet top notch expectations. We strive to be the very best and will not settle for anything less. One thing that any incoming applicant needs to know is that Paycom will test your limits and ensure you have grit, but the payoff is so worth it. Paycom cares for its employees, cares about the work it is doing for companies all across the United States, and will continue to blaze a trail for HRIS services.
Pros
Catered Lunches, Advancement Opportunities, Stellar Benefits, Stock Options, Rewards for Hard Work Done Well
Cons
High stress at times, imbalance of workforce to client load/demand
14 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We agree Paycom challenges and stretches its employees, and fortunately, those challenges come with the opportunity for career growth. We encourage you to continue to provide feedback and ideas on how we can improve together as an organization.
Paycom is an environment where advancement is merit-based; we only promote from within in the client relations department (Account Executives) so you never have to worry that your promotion is going to disappear due to the company hiring externally for a sales management role.

In the middle of a global pandemic, when many companies have had to lay off, furlough, or do pay cuts for their sales reps, Paycom has continued to grow our team with no changes to the commission policy! They also announced this year that they are giving Account Executives new personal days per year (extra vacation days) that will be granted at the beginning of each calendar year.

Paycom offers many opportunities to grow your leadership skills, from joining our mentorship program as a mentor to coach a new hire one-on-one for several months, to joining our leadership development program to work on soft skills. Whether or not you are interested in management, you can still promote up through the company (increasing your compensation potential) as a rep while still participating in programs where you can lead without managing. The leadership team cares about you both personally and professionally, and although this job is challenging and will stretch your skillset, your hard work is both appreciated and rewarded - they truly want you to succeed.
Pros
Growth opportunity, great health insurance, President's Club, income potential, caring leadership team
Cons
There are a lot of products to learn when you start, you have to give it 110% effort for your first 6 months, adjusting to the fast pace
14 October 2020
You will grow personally and professionally at a pace that is unmatched. With that you’ll be challenged in ways you probably haven’t before. I am so thankful for Paycom because I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for the opportunity to be challenged the way I have. I have built the life and career of my dreams through hard work and the right opportunity at Paycom.
Pros
Opportunity to advance, High comp plan, stock incentives, award trips, retreats, leadership development
Cons
Fast growing company, changes can happen rapidly and you have to be adaptable
13 October 2020
Thank you for the 5-star review! We're excited you are enjoying the challenges and opportunities for development offered as part of a quickly growing company. We appreciate your hard work and thank you for being a part of the Paycom team!
I have only been with the company for 8 months and love every bit of it. Before working with Paycom, I left a job of 4 years because I was mistreated and burned out. I was cautious of stepping out of my comfort zone and applying for a job outside of my industry. When I stumbled upon Paycom career opportunity I decided to apply. That was the best decision I ever made. On my first day everyone was so welcoming and friendly. Even now everyone still has the same welcoming attudie I was first introduced to. When COVID-19 began to rapidly increase in cases, I wasn't worried. I felt well taken cared of and felt as my health and well being was valued. I am grateful to work for a company who values me as a person and employee.
Pros
Work life balance, management, atmosphere
14 October 2020
Thank you for review! We're happy to read you are thrilled with your career at Paycom. Thank you for being a part of the team!
During my time with Paycom I've had the opportunity to work in multiple departments - one of the consistent themes is the high caliber of individuals who work here. The energy is contagious and the passion around Paycom's mission to lead the industry is unparalleled! Everyone I work alongside, in addition the leadership team, work to ensure that employees have a great experience and a strong future with Paycom.
Pros
High energy culture, strong leadership team, proactively seeks feedback and adapts with agility
13 October 2020
Thank you for the 5-star review! We are proud to support you and each member of our team, both personally and professionally. We appreciate your hard work and contributions, and we look forward to your continued success as a part of our team!
Paycom has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. At Paycom I have learned and been challenged more than I could of possibly imagined in my entire career, and I have plenty of career left to go! This company has provided me with every possible opportunity that ten people deserve, a true blessing. I think this quote below sums it up nicely:

“The greatest gift life has to offer is the opportunity to work hard at work worth doing.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
Pros
Opportunity, Rewarding Work, Top Talent, Growing Company, On Technological Edge
14 October 2020
Thank you for the review. Our employees make Paycom a great place to work and we’re glad to be your employer of choice!
The thing I love the most about my role at Paycom is the flexibility. It’s a newly created role, but my manager has been there every step of the way to ensure I have all the tools I need to succeed. He’s also never denied me time off for any reason, and in my eye, that’s an amazing manager. Paycom has ensured that all of their employees remain safe during the pandemic and I can’t thank Chad enough for the job security and safety!
Pros
Flexibility, pay, healthcare costs, no micromanaging
5 October 2020
We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience! We're glad you are enjoying your new role, and your career with us. Thank you for being a part of the team!
endless resources and development. you get what you put into it, in a good way! processes are excellent, people are driven and helpful. i would recommend this job to anyone looking to be their best
2 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and glad you’re a part of the team!
This is not a company you can work with for a longer period of time. High energy is prevalent however the pressure put on your shoulders to achieve sometimes ridiculous quotas is incredibly straining on your mind and body. It is not unusual to see 3 to 4 people cry in the office per week due to mental breakdowns. If you can overcome the challenges however you can make a lot of money and quickly, but I would not recommend this place as a career choice for longevity, more of a cash out and find meaningful work rather than be a super pushy sales exec.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
9 October 2020
Our organization is KPI driven and many of our reps have achieved and surpassed the metrics set out before them many times over. In fact, our executive reps experience long careers with us as they create generational wealth, while also being good stewards to the communities they call home. We recognize our sales culture may not be the best fit for everyone because of the high performance levels required. However, with great demand comes great reward and we are proud of the compensation and benefit structure we offer. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Lot of fun - hard work - good opportunity - payroll is a tough sale but the culture is great. Trying to research a prospect, can I please just see the reviews
30 September 2020
Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We're glad to have you as a part of the team.
I started at Paycom in January of 2019. At the end of the interview process, I knew that Paycom was the dream workplace. Within the first few months, it went from the dream workplace to the dream career. Everyone that I've met has been amazing and passionate. The atmosphere of Paycom feels like this is where you go to succeed. My training was top notch and I was able to quickly start fulfilling my role requirements.

However, that is just the beginning of my time at Paycom. After settling in, management immediately started giving me opportunities to go above and beyond. They wanted my feedback on process improvements and team improvements. I showed initiative and it was noticed. I started getting extra projects to work on that allowed me to better myself professionally and personally. I took one of those projects and it ended up allowing me to interact with all of IT. During that project I met so many amazing people and it confirmed that Paycom just breeds success. At the end of the project, I was given an opportunity to move up in my team and I graciously accepted the challenge.

After my promotion, things really kicked into high gear. I was able to interact with so many teams and help shape so much of my own team. Even though I wasn't in a leadership role, my ideas and my input were taken seriously. I was given the opportunity to help train and mentor those coming into our team so that they could feel the same way that I felt when I started. I have continued to work on myself and Paycom has been there every step of the way. I'm never short on work to do or opportunities
 - more...
Pros
Catered lunch every day, best people in world, amazing campus
Cons
None.
2 October 2020
Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We love seeing your experience from recruiting to employment was a positive one. Thank you for being a part of the team!
The work environment is inviting and I have made many friends through working here. It is usually clear what is expected of you and frequent one-on-one meetings with management helps to make sure you have an opportunity to discuss any issues as well as future aspirations. Moving up in the organization does require additional work outside of normal expectations and work hours, but not to an egregious degree. Also, as with most jobs, busy seasons can lead to much more fast-paced working conditions that can lead to heightened stress. However, overall I am very happy with my experience at Paycom, and I plan to continue on and hopefully advance within the company for the foreseeable future.
Pros
Catered lunches (when on campus), frequent feedback loop, friendly environment
Cons
Work/life balance can be stressed at times
21 September 2020
Thank you for the review and feedback! We're glad to see you recognize all the benefits and opportunities Paycom has to offer. We appreciate your hard work and dedication.
Paycom is a company that truly values the work of it's employees. The company's entire strategy revolves around employee satisfaction and taking control over the things we can which is directly passed onto clients as well. Paycom is always striving for improvement, development, and just overall positive experiences for it's employees and clients. Employee engagement is top notch and the benefits are unbeatable. In addition, they are always looking to better it. Surveys are consistently given to ensure the betterment of benefits offerings, practices, and overall change management to further increase business efficiencies. Employees are truly more than just a number, and that is hard to come by. I've worked in many jobs and many industries and by far would recommend Paycom every time.
Pros
Great benefits, work/life balance, FUN culture and employee experience, Easy to use system for employees
2 October 2020
We're thrilled you have shared your Paycom experience with others! We have achieved all of our success thanks to our hard-working employees like you. Thank you for being a part of the team.