Paylocity

Paylocity Employee Reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Unique

Paylocity tries to be Google but on a smaller scale. Many young, inexperienced 20-somethings are promoted to positions. Very liberal-left. Diverse. Too many middle people.

Great company, department not so great

Paylocity as a while is a fantastic company with great benefits! The implementation sector however is poorly managed with management offering false deliverables to clients. Overloaded, overworked, and unsupported.

Perfect !

This job is my first introduction to corporate America and the work culture thus far has been amazing. The promotion structure is also unique and unlike what I have seen before from Account manager One all the way up to account manager three.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Work Life Balance and stressful clients

Fun work place

Enjoy working here every day. Mon-Fri weekends off you cannot beat that!!! They offer snacks on each floor. They also send cool gifts to you at year end

Productive & Fun work place

Paylocity is an amazing company to be employed with! They acknowledge the hard work we do often and they always make sure we have what we need to succeed!

Pros

Cons

None right now

What is the best part of working at the company?My manager and co workers. Work environment was excellent. It drove us to do our best. First time I was excited to go to work each week.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Not making an error. Our customers depended on us. Their pay is and was important to us. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?BEAUTIFUL!!!! We were appreciated, and reminded of how important our job was in a kindly manner. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Wednesdays were busy but it encouraged us.

What is the best part of working at the company?The remote work optionWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The lack of training What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It’s nice everyone is welcoming What is a typical day like for you at the company?Pretty easy once you get the hang of things. Sign in, check/send emails, start your work

Fun workplace but heavy workload

As an account manager, the workload is insane. The metrics are particularly unreasonable and definitely need to be reviewed if they haven’t already. Training is great and the culture is fantastic so despite the challenging expectations, I still rated pretty highly.

What is the best part of working at the company?The coworkers and the money What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The implementations and management What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great culture What is a typical day like for you at the company?Hard and difficult

Not bad, but can be very stressful

Can only speak on the client services department, but overall was a solid job until circumstances led to more stressful days which was taxing for my mental health.The Mid team is a good place to start but new hires need more time in that space before moving to the higher tiers. Would also have liked to see more stability in some areas rather than having changing leadership constantly. Overall the company was good to me but dealing with awful clients turned me away.

Pros

weekends off, paid training, Rewards for performance

Cons

not flexible during the weekdays, pay could be more for the work

Awful

This place is an absolute sweatshop and should be ashamed. Wouldn’t recommend Paylocity to my worst enemy. If you decide to work with Paylocity, expect to be sold a dream during training…once out of training, it’s hellish. Management knows this, but they will gaslight you and make it seem like the problem is you. Expect to do two jobs at once…you’ll be taking back to back phone calls while receiving constant emails from your clients. Expect to be constantly monitored and micromanaged. By far the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Complete dumpster fire. Don’t do it.

Hard work

I’ve been here a short period of time but so far I enjoy. Being WFH is great but can be difficult if you’re someone who works by being walked through and needs a lot of questions answered quick. This job is definitely not easy but it is rewarding when you speak to clients who appreciate all you do. I wouldn’t recommend this for someone who is not a hands on learner, training can only provide you with so much information a lot of it you learn as you and you will make mistakes. Just be patient with yourself

Ups & downs, with tons of Variables. Great place, if you can take the heat.

Some departments are living the dream working for PCTY. Other Departments, less so. Customer Service, though well meaning, is chronically short staffed and overworked. The client to employee ratio is high. It makes it hard to have work life balance, or a stress free mindset. However, most managers do their best, and truly do strive to create the best environment they can for their teams. The people at Paylocity are fantastic, but if you are easily stressed, overwhelmed, weary of angry client interactions, or upset by monitoring or micromanaging, don't apply for Customer Service. The pay is good, but at the worst of times, doesn't feel like enough. Good benefit options. Decent PTO policy (but don't expect to use it during winter holidays. PTO blackout at year end). Excellent inside training and promotion. TONS of opportunities to transfer or be promoted within. If you're resilient, learn quickly, and desire a challenging but warm environment, this might be a great place for you to grow.

Upsetting

Unfortunately transparency is something Paylocity claims to be great about but it’s inaccurate. There wasn’t a clear explanation of hours and responsibilities

Solid Company

First off I will say that I have had similar roles at other payroll companies so I pretty much knew exactly what I was getting into. I feel like a lot of the more negative reviews are people who just had no idea what the job entails.That being said, the culture at Paylocity is the best I have ever experiences in my 10+ years in the corporate world. Yes, the job is difficult and you do have to learn to manage your time between calls and working on email cases. But there is so much more support here than any previous company I have worked for, if you are struggling, there WILL be someone who can help you. There is also a ton of room for upward mobility in the company and most of it is automatic based on your length of service. So if you do a good job, you WILL get that raise and that promotion. Overall I have no complaints that I wouldn't have at any other job. Work is work. But Paylocity is an excellent company that supports its people.

Expectation Versus Reality

Any expectation that they give you for what the job is like, the support you will receive after training, etc, it’s all the complete opposite. Including your schedule, that will change from the schedule on your offer letter. I’ve never heard so many people say they’ve worked for some bad companies, but this company takes the cake. Training is mediocre, they don’t lighten the work load off the employees that are assigned to support, so the support is completely lazy. They are unethical in the way they deceive their employees then throw them to the wolves. Even more ridiculous that they are completely comfortable with us having the Clients on the phones for hours, placing them on multiple holds, and inevitably never giving them the proper assistance. Big ego for a company not to be scared to lose Clients due to that. They collect huge new hire groups knowing they will end with up with a quarter of them by the end of it all, so if you struggle, don’t try to express it, look elsewhere, they’ll set you up to fail and make you think you’re incapable, that it has nothing to do with them. Again, BIG EGO.

High Volume Workloads

Paylocity has a great culture and work life for the most part. As an Account Manager, there are higher expectations, as you are in one of the most complex role within the company. Very high workloads including emails AND phone calls.

Great place, benefits: meh

They are definitely a great place to work, intense training schedule but they really could improve their benefits. Not really up to par with the rest of tech companies.

Insanely Low Pay

Over 10 years here and worked with some awesome people. At Paylocity, the pay is really low. Since leaving, I have more than doubled my pay. I wish others would have the courage to leave Paylocity and get the respect and salaries they deserve. There is so much out there outside the walls of Paylocity to experience. If I was still there I would be making less than half of what I earn now. That is crazy! It was not an easy decision to make but I have never regretted it. I always learned and brought that with me to the next role. Have confidence and have fun! All you talented folks currently still at Paylocity deserve better!

Pros

Friends, Lots of swag

Cons

Low Pay, limited career path options

Worst place I have ever worked

Unrealistic expectations, burnout, poor morale, high turnover. Pay is mediocre and benefits are sub standard. 2 weeks PTO, 6 holidays. No work/life balance.

Cult, Low pay, People often quit

In Client Services, ignorance on my part for not seeing through the advertising for the position. I did not realize it was a call center. Only know a few people who have stayed over a year. A very cult-like environment where everyone preaches how great it is but talks about their discontents privately. People are nice and often helpful but truthfully not enough to keep on track or top of a statistic-based performance review. Your stats represent your work ethic which entails you are a number. Clients do not call because they are satisfied or happy, typically they are frustrated and upset which makes their attitude throughout the day very high and low. Almost impossible to see this is as a rewarding career, you must watch everything you say and do as it is corporate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paylocity. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Paylocity
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?