Plunket
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Plunket Employee Reviews

New Zealand9 reviews
It was a great place to work it was amazing and great to. Work there. Staff are supporting me and very friendly. My work is very easy when staff is there to support
Worked alongside the community. Other stakeholders in the health sector. Nurturing tikanga maori, and whanau ora within the community.
Promoting Safe Sleep Devices amongst Maori and Pacific Island communities. Passing on an age old skill to up and coming generations. Sharing traditional skills and knowledge.
Pros
working out in the communty, meeting different people, flexible hours and tasks.
Was a great learning experience. The compulsory post-grad papers were interesting (you can't be a qualified Plunket nurse unless you pass these). Loved meeting the clients and whanau. Did find the hours long and we were constantly short-staffed with high staff turnover.
it was good place to learn the ropes of office assistant and helping in other areas of the business. I would of stayed but I am looking for payed work.
I love working at Plunket. Its a big organisation with a huge positive reach into the lives of almost of our people here in New Zealand. Plunket, at its core is a supportive, flexible and changing organisation that moves with the times to support children and families. I work within the people and capability team ensuring we hire the best people and then futher support them in their professional development. If you do actaully want to make a difference, Plunket is the place to be
Pros
Flexible and Supportive Work Environment
It's fun seeing the children arrive. I like to help them have fun by making art work or just playing with toys. My co-workers are very helpful. They explain instructions very clearly and are approachable.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no salary
I found that it was just a little to much for me going out at night time, to do this job, I found that I was just not doing things how they should be done as I was not up with the play on the things I need to do I needed more training.
Pros
very happy to work for
Cons
Needed more training for this job
A typical day is around making contact with 7 to 10 clients. Clinical assessments, additional calls, Phone calls and following up on care plans
I learnt how to work within a small community on my own. Engagement with the health and social agencies within the Waikato region

The hardest part of this job was sometimes staying a lot later to answer and resolve a urgent problem. Getting relief when off sick

The position is extremely rewarding to watch the families grow and thrive
Pros
Thrived on working in the isolated community I love a challenge
Cons
Often needed to go over and above and think out of the square
Interesting variety of work. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with a good public service ethos underlying the guidelines at work. Many of the staff are long term workers.