Plunket Employee Reviews

Am thankful for the opportunity.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manukau, South Auckland24 September 2019
Was a great learning experience. The compulsory post-grad papers were interesting (you can't be a qualified Plunket nurse unless you pass these). Loved meeting the clients and whanau. Did find the hours long and we were constantly short-staffed with high staff turnover.
Plunket makes a real difference
People & Capability Coordinator (Current Employee) –  National Office Wellington5 January 2017
I love working at Plunket. Its a big organisation with a huge positive reach into the lives of almost of our people here in New Zealand. Plunket, at its core is a supportive, flexible and changing organisation that moves with the times to support children and families. I work within the people and capability team ensuring we hire the best people and then futher support them in their professional development. If you do actaully want to make a difference, Plunket is the place to be
Pros
Flexible and Supportive Work Environment
Creative and Fun
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Mangere, N29 November 2015
It's fun seeing the children arrive. I like to help them have fun by making art work or just playing with toys. My co-workers are very helpful. They explain instructions very clearly and are approachable.
Pros
short hours
Cons
no salary
Lovely people to work for
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, Waikato11 November 2015
I found that it was just a little to much for me going out at night time, to do this job, I found that I was just not doing things how they should be done as I was not up with the play on the things I need to do I needed more training.
Pros
very happy to work for
Cons
Needed more training for this job
productive and rewarding work environment
Well Child (Current Employee) –  Te Aroha, N20 June 2015
A typical day is around making contact with 7 to 10 clients. Clinical assessments, additional calls, Phone calls and following up on care plans
I learnt how to work within a small community on my own. Engagement with the health and social agencies within the Waikato region
The hardest part of this job was sometimes staying a lot later to answer and resolve a urgent problem. Getting relief when off sick
The position is extremely rewarding to watch the families grow and thrive
Pros
Thrived on working in the isolated community I love a challenge
Cons
Often needed to go over and above and think out of the square
Fun workplace
Volunteer office worker (Current Employee) –  Dunedin19 March 2015
Interesting variety of work. Friendly and relaxed atmosphere, with a good public service ethos underlying the guidelines at work. Many of the staff are long term workers.