Porirua City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Porirua City Council Employee Reviews

New Zealand8 reviews
Everybody is accommodating and thoughtful, has a Family environment between colleagues an encouraging place to work at I learnt a lot being apart of PCC Managers are down to earth as well as the GM's
Pros
Great People
A typical day at work to me is just seeing and reassuring that all work colleagues are doing there jobs checking them to see if they know what they are doing.
We would start setting up the equipment for an event early in the morning and would help pack down the equipment around evening when people began to leave. The role does involve heavy lifting, but that is why you work within a team. Everyone helps out whenever someone needs it and it's really great fun.
During my time at Porirua City Council I gained knowledge of how the Porirua City Council operates and how much they do behind the scenes as well as within the community in order to keep the city moving.

I enjoyed working in the corporate environment and along side very friendly and approachable people.
Engaging with the orgainisation as a Centre Led Procurement function and leading this function to enable all stakeholders to achieve their goals.

I have learned about the interaction and how they play out between Council and members and the orgainisation as a whole.

Management are strongly for focused on delivering a vibrant City and one in which people wish to move to live, work or do business.

The "hardest part of the job?". Perception of friends and family on Council, which I am slowly changing by talking positively about what we are achieving and how hard people work here behind the scenes.

The most enjoyable part of the role is to see people understand that we are here to enable and not block progress. There is some legacy behind the thinking which we are chipping always with good results.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Pay
Motivated Executives team, with appealing plans for the future of the city and its communities.
The intimate culture of the community in Porirua is clearly reflected in the work ethics of its staff. That's something to hold dear as it effectively contibute in the staff satisfaction and their ownership of their responsibilities. Everyone is acting as a large family.
Its a fun place to be, everyone is always there for you if you need a helping hand. Great environment to be in and be involved in. I grew as a person in my education level and became better of what I was doing. Great amount of space and great team workers.
It helps me understanding the different materials and kinds of pipes and i enjoying the jobs.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Porirua City Council. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6