Presbyterian Support Northern
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Presbyterian Support Northern Employee Review

Overall professional and fun place to work with busy workloads, heaps of professional development and External Supervision.

28 June 2015
Responding to a referral, checking emails, returning phonecalls, organising various meetings. Making home visits, talking with staff at school's and children, attending school assembly. Completing assessments, reports, other documentation. Facilitating a programme for children or parent's. Organising or facilitating a family meeting, attending network meetings. I learnt working between 4 schools meant having to adapt to each school because each one was different, therefor working closely with the Principal was vital to the role. Also children had similar issues in common but each story was unique and differed to others. The hardest part was seeing first hand the struggles children endure and their families, the best part is seeing the smiles on their faces eg: like getting a nice home with running hotwater. I found management professional in making improvements on how things are done, the regional director and CEO also visited our office, we were honoured to have the CEO attended a end of year SWIS & Principles meeting. My colleagues were caring, friendly, fun and very supportive of each other and great to be part of.
Pros
Professional Development, performance reviews, training, External Supervision, Peer Supervision, Waiata, well resourced with a mobile, laptop
Cons
Not enough hours in a day, busy workload
19 November 2019
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) - Auckland City, Auckland
I'm very proud to work to be one of Presbyterian support Northern. I really enjoy working with Presbyterian , We have a good relationship with our managers
17 March 2019
Female Support Worker (Former Employee) - Waitakere, Auckland
I was able to experience a different way of helping people through this work. I was able to interact with the client on a 1 on 1 level which allows me to establish better rapport with the client. Through this, I was able to learn how to manage my time and the client without falling short on the responsibilities that I had planned for the days activities. There was involvement from clients family as well which makes the work even more easier and fun.
26 August 2013
Key Support Worker (Current Employee) - Penrose Auckland
Its a pleasure to look after elderly people. At the end of the day I smile to myself n think what a difference I have made to my clients. A simple smile to them means a lot. Whatever you do do it from your heart not just to earn money. Just more than four years as a support worker with one single employer makes me feel proud.