Presbyterian Support Northern
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Presbyterian Support Northern Employee Reviews

I'm very proud to work to be one of Presbyterian support Northern. I really enjoy working with Presbyterian , We have a good relationship with our managers
I was able to experience a different way of helping people through this work. I was able to interact with the client on a 1 on 1 level which allows me to establish better rapport with the client. Through this, I was able to learn how to manage my time and the client without falling short on the responsibilities that I had planned for the days activities. There was involvement from clients family as well which makes the work even more easier and fun.
Responding to a referral, checking emails, returning phonecalls, organising various meetings. Making home visits, talking with staff at school's and children, attending school assembly. Completing assessments, reports, other documentation. Facilitating a programme for children or parent's. Organising or facilitating a family meeting, attending network meetings. I learnt working between 4 schools meant having to adapt to each school because each one was different, therefor working closely with the Principal was vital to the role. Also children had similar issues in common but each story was unique and differed to others. The hardest part was seeing first hand the struggles children endure and their families, the best part is seeing the smiles on their faces eg: like getting a nice home with running hotwater. I found management professional in making improvements on how things are done, the regional director and CEO also visited our office, we were honoured to have the CEO attended a end of year SWIS & Principles meeting. My colleagues were caring, friendly, fun and very supportive of each other and great to be part of.
Pros
Professional Development, performance reviews, training, External Supervision, Peer Supervision, Waiata, well resourced with a mobile, laptop
Cons
Not enough hours in a day, busy workload
Its a pleasure to look after elderly people. At the end of the day I smile to myself n think what a difference I have made to my clients. A simple smile to them means a lot. Whatever you do do it from your heart not just to earn money. Just more than four years as a support worker with one single employer makes me feel proud.
A typical day is meeting my clients, helping them with their disabilities. I am also involved with their day to day activities, which includes taking them shopping and helping them get to appointments as well as keeping their home neat and tidy. The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting many different people and helping them live a normal life while helping them to achieve their goals.
Great team, management of the team could be improved. Somewhere that sustainable friendships are continued post work environment