Presbyterian Support Northern
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Presbyterian Support Northern Employee Reviews for Social Worker

Social Worker1 review
New Zealand1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
Responding to a referral, checking emails, returning phonecalls, organising various meetings. Making home visits, talking with staff at school's and children, attending school assembly. Completing assessments, reports, other documentation. Facilitating a programme for children or parent's. Organising or facilitating a family meeting, attending network meetings.
I learnt working between 4 schools meant having to adapt to each school because each one was different, therefor working closely with the Principal was vital to the role. Also children had similar issues in common but each story was unique and differed to others.

The hardest part was seeing first hand the struggles children endure and their families, the best part is seeing the smiles on their faces eg: like getting a nice home with running hotwater.

I found management professional in making improvements on how things are done, the regional director and CEO also visited our office, we were honoured to have the CEO attended a end of year SWIS & Principles meeting.

My colleagues were caring, friendly, fun and very supportive of each other and great to be part of.
Pros
Professional Development, performance reviews, training, External Supervision, Peer Supervision, Waiata, well resourced with a mobile, laptop
Cons
Not enough hours in a day, busy workload