Progressive Meats Ltd
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Progressive Meats Ltd Employee Reviews

New Zealand12 reviews
fast paced
enjoyed my time there, was able to get a quick payrise as I learnt new skills
breaktime allowed for a quick game of ping pong to refresh the mind

supervisors were supportive
Pros
variety of jobs
Cons
unstable job
It's all right
The only thing i didn't like about working here is the night shift i took on night shift as a change from working as a Orchard hand but found out that night shift changes the whole body clock.

What i enjoyed about working here is the people you meet & work with they all got a sense of humour & thats what you need, the work it's self was okay but standing on your feet all night in one spot was hard as I'm use to walking around & climbing up & down ladders. Learning skills on the Bandsaw was awesome! i loved it on their , you can only go as fast you can & can't push yourself too go faster other wise you may cut or loose a finger, thats one thing I didn't like about management & that was they push the Saw men to go too fast .
Cons
Work all year round
Fun Workplace
I enjoyed meeting new people and they gave an awesome vibe. The hardest part of the job was waking up early in the morning. The typical day at work ended with us having to clean everything
It was awesome handling knives and meat.
Sharpening knives everyday working on a chain. Learning how to work as a team. The management was fair and the workplace culture was awesome. The hardest part about the job was the maintaining of your knife but the most enjoyable part about the job was having fun having a sharp knife and being a good team member.
Pros
Team effort
Cons
more knife training
All good
Everything good. Like working in freezer as a freezer hand and handle all other work as and when required

Get along well with peers

they all like me
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
enjoyed this job
this was my first job and it taught me a lot

timekeeping

responsibility

work ethics

housekeeping

troubleshooting

I had training and was very busy and demanding
Great Job
Found it very good. Would like to continue working in this type of job. I really enjoy dealing with meat. I enjoyed the team I was working with. What I learnt inside the meat works came in handy for me in my personal life.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learning new skills.
Cons
Long Hours
good place to work in
i enjoyed this type of work. packing labelling and being a in house cleaner which initalled me to do stocktake of varies products.
Pros
good communication through the people i worked with at that time
Cons
seasonal
General Labourer
Operating machines that produce mince or debone loins. Did some carton room work. Packed meat or bones into cartons. Prepared offal both sheep and beef.
Pros
Reasonable income
Awesome!
love working here in negative 27-30 freezers moving 25kg cartons from point A to B awesome environment and even better work colleagues.
Pros
fun
Cons
nothing
Progressive Meats
I wasn't a permanent, or part time worker i only fulled in for someone away sick for about a week or so. But i fully enjoyed those past days working in this company! Only because i enjoy cleaning.
productive work place.
management was slack, especially the cold store. the workers (and i) would have to take over time or 6-7 days a week trying to get the plant up to date and ready for the next few more weeks of orders and stock takes as the coldstore was always running behind.
Pros
5+ hours overtime the shift supervisor or manager would shout lunch.
Cons
7 days a week.