PwC logo
PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews

Work–Life Balance

Showing all 8,024 reviews

Good M&A deal flow

Great culture Great deal flow Smart people Good work life balance Would recommend to anybody wanting a great place to learn from the best at the beginning of their career

Okay

It was really hectic considering i was just an intern back then. Didn't really have much training and they expected me to know the task already. Learned a lot and got paid so overall okay experience. :)

Very stagnant role

Stagnant role, was an audit associate, basically did the same things all the time.Clearly defined career progression but less than stellar compensation for the hours put in the role.

Stability

Quality of projects are less. job stability is good. Management is good.Caring company.Salary is a bit low.Internal trainings are there to upskill yourselves

Work hard in a great culture

Working at PwC is very demanding but provides a great opportunity to work with high performing individuals in a supportive and positive environment. The company's culture places a lot of emphasis on the well being of our employees and supports a flexible work/life balance. All in all, a good place to work if you are willing to work hard, put in the hours and work with high quality team in the finance/accounting space.

Great Company But Work-Life Balance Lacking

While both the company and the people at PwC are great, work/life balance is lacking to a large degree. You will learn a lot and can quickly grow but you will need to be prepared to work a lot.

Pros

Culture, people

Cons

Worklife balance, benefits

Professional and employee centric

PWC is Professional and employee centric. They have many employee benefits which makes working with them comfortable and secured. They have many growth opportunities as well which makes this a Company which one can aspire to work for.

Dynamische werkomgeving waar je je weg in moet kunnen vinden

Hoge werkdruk en relatief weinig erkenning. Door weinig doorgroeimogelijkheden en onvrede over communicatie en gang van zaken besloten firma te verlaten. Lange tijd gewerkt en weliswaar veel geleerd, maar je moet willen werken in zo een cultuur. Als dat je ambitie is dan is PwC top.

Pros

Thuiswerken geoptimaliseerd, veel jonge collega’s, dynamische omgeving, leuke personeelsfeesten

Cons

Salaris, cultuur, werkdruk, hiërarchie

Excellent professional development and compensation but work-life balance can be difficult

Countless opportunities for professional development in terms of technical knowledge and global network of qualified people. The size of the transactions I've seen are massive (in the billions), and you get to learn a lot about the ins and outs of a multinational company in your professional area.The starting pay for entry level will depend largely on the education level (JD/LLM vs. accounting degree), but we see it level off over time, which can mean very competitive pay.I wouldn't expect work-life balance when it comes to working hours, but my team has been very flexible with working remotely.Caveat: I have heard that experience will depend on your geographic location, team, and client/engagement. I consider myself lucky for meeting my team and being on the client accounts that I am on. But the vast majority of PwC professionals that I've worked with internally (other locations (including foreign) and different line of service) have been very easy to work with.

Pros

Competitive pay, nice fringe benefits, autonomy (as long as you prove yourself)

Cons

A lot of self-help and teaching in the beginning with no one actively training you (technical, soft skills, and/or admin)

Good opportunities at a large firm.

A lot of good opportunities especially when first starting out. The overall structures in place to help you succeed are proven but you do have to put forth the right effort in order to succeed, as it should be.

Pros

Lots of opportunities

Cons

Some clients are more demanding than others.

Jobs at PwC

See more jobs

Parfait pour l’épanouissement professionnel

Les plus belles années de carrière mais sous payé. Apprentissage professionnel d’exception

Pros

Mandats variés

Cons

Beaucoup d’heures supplémentaires non rémunérées

Good place for learning and growing.

Training programs were outstanding. The firm puts a lot of thought into training and mentoring associates. Also good place to start building a network for your career.

Pros

Training and development

Cons

Long hours, can be repetitive work with little human interaction at times

Limited Opportunities

Big 4 experience - management consulting can be a highly political atmosphere. Limited transparency into how performance evaluation works and decisions around compensation.

Pros

WL Balance

Cons

Below par benefits

Good experience and place to grow, but work life balance and compensation could be better

You work with a lot of smart people at PwC and get a lot of great exposure but, as with any consulting job, the work life balance is not great nor is the compensation (relative to what you could receive by jumping to a competing firm or exiting to industry). Overall, it's a good place to spend a few years and get the name on your resume / good experience in a lot of areas, but don't think it's great for long-term prospects.

see Pros and Cons section below

in Kazakhstan, working in PwC is very prestigious, the salaries are considered good compared to the market, corporate culture is very professional, people are talented and have a high team spirit. However, the work there requires too much of personal time i.e. overtimes on weekdays and working on weekends/holidays is a norm in Kazakhstani offices. This was the main reason of my problems with health. I worked in PwC Kazakhstan for 5 years and really loved my work and people there, but after working in the industry I realized how much efforts and personal time the work in PwC took from me. Anyway I am thankful for such valuable professional experience as it really gave me strong professional development and knowledge which I use today. This is definitely a good work place for fresh graduates to start with who are ready to dedicate most of their time to work.

Pros

free late dinners and late taxis, can use medical leaves any time a day if really sick. People are smart, corporate culture is good, team spirit is high

Cons

overtime work, often work on weekend or during holidays. Deadlines are strict, some clients may be very stressful to work with

Constant learning

There's room for growth and constant learning, and people are so friendly and willing to help. There is clear career progression though it takes a while, if you want to be a partner be rest assured it will take you 16+ years, and that's only if you're a high performer.The organization is very organized, though everyone is overworked, but it is a good place to start a career.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

No work life balance.

Like most jobs management is lacking

Lack of leadership and necessary training. Not many opportunities to advance due to the lack of training and effort by management to apply feedback from staff about areas that may need improvement

Benefits

Cons

Management and leadership as a whole

Very supportive Management

Your team is there to support you and push you to advance. Everyone is very friendly and positive. Always working on new things and feeling challenged.

Popularity Contest

If you are liked, then you will do fine. If you have an opinion or ruffle feathers, then you won’t do well. Bizarre performance management techniques. You have to dress up here so find a good dry cleaner. One bump in the road and you are out.

Pros

Nice merch

Cons

Fast paced, always learning, little work-life balance

Working with PwC is great except for the work-life balance during busy season. Busy seasons can range anywhere from 2-6 months for people, and mine have been about 5 months on average every year I've been with the firm. While I love the teams and clients I get to work with and the fast-paced nature of the job, the work-life balance during the five months of busy season can be extremely exhausting. PwC is a great place to start a career because the learning is invaluable, but it is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Cons

Work-life balance

Long hours and stressful.

Expect long hours and high stress. So much of your experience will depend on your clients and team. Auditing large public companies will give you the opportunity to learn quickly but burn out fast. Great to start your career.

Pros

Opportunities to work on interesting projects

Cons

Long hours, high stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K