PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Senior Associate Engineer

Public Sector has it's challenges. Organization is structure vertically by account so difficult to move across accounts.
What I learned was hard work and accomodating a lack of work life balance goes a long way. There was a commorodity at the firm between those who did not have a suitable work life balance. As well, the promotion of a lack of work life balance also added creditability with the clients.
Good company culture, you can have relax working environment and colleagues are all friendly and easy-going. The jobs there is always challenging, so good for start for your accounting career.
A consulting firm. A staffing firm, A application development firm, an outsourcing firm, has developer in China and India. No technology culture, strong partnership culture.
Long hours, interesting cases each day is usually a typical working day; case analysis were not challenging and mostly restricted by rules which were changed almost weekly;
productivity and fun workplace, colleagues are all nice to work with. Peak season is pretty intensive and usually with a lot pressure of finishing audit before deadline, but for the other time the job is good.
A service company, you will be assigned to different customers; the support from the firm is very limited. Every thing is on you. Although it is unfair to call it as a staffing company, it really is.
-One of the great workplace in terms of people -Very supportive team, from associates to partners level -Great culture where people are with different opinion
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Provided M&A guidance to clients for integrations and divestitures. A little cutthroat at times. Mentorship can be a little better given the senior folks in the office much of the time.
Cons
Compensation and hours mix can be behind competitors
Phenomenal experience! Great place to work and build relationships with extremely intelligent people. Opportunity to work with high-profile clients and various interesting and challenging projects.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
I also developed strong teamwork capabilities as our culture rewarded cooperation and collective efforts. Recently working on the feasibility analysis of a $50m company in the automotive sector, I efficiently collaborated with junior and senior team members to jointly produce key deliverables within an extremely tight timeline, which was greatly appreciated by the client.
It is tailored more for colleague grads to work up the rank, not for bringing external experienced resources Must become embedded with work teams and directors and they tend to favour the ones they recruited or ones they have worked with. If you come from the outside, it is hard if you did not come in with a team or group that will give you opportunities to get onto client engagements
Pros
Global Exposure
Cons
Lack of team work
PwC is a great place do work. Demanding yes, but you will work with talented, motivated and really nice people. The company's culture is driven around high quality deliverables, high client satisfaction and a work hard play hard type of culture. Alwways working in team. Top management is easy of access and will put their hands on when needed. Hours are long and busy season is tough but it's a good learning experience. You will work on several clients and learn a lot about accounting and how to operates a business since you'll be involve early in your career with upper management from large companies. You can choose what type of client (Manufacturing, Financial, Private, etc) if the market offer that type of client. Good coaching on the job.
Pros
People you work with, learning experience and overall experience
Cons
Long hours, stressful due to deadline and sometimes not enough staff.
typical big 4- will work long hours. First couple years will be a challenge and great learning opportunities Get to work on multiple projects
Pros
Great learning opportunities, people you work with
Cons
Long hours, demanding
PwC is a great company to work for. Great opportunities, compensation/ benefits and job work life balance with great people.
Good foundational learning opportunities and chances to work with high-profile clients on mission-critical projects, while developing leadership skills
A day in PwC is exciting as we look forward to different challenges each day. Our typical day at work entails designing and performing testing, discussion with team, managers and client and resolving issues, if any. It is a workplace where you meet coworkers of your age, and where there is open communication for sharing and discussions. As such, working with different groups of coworkers on various engagements has widened our network as we spent considerable amount of time and having meals together.
Pros
Flexibility, people culture
Cons
PwC provides Excellent networking opportunities and awful work/life balance.
Pros
lots of young people
Cons
work/life balance
The works in PwC are all project based. The typical cycle starts from audit planning, followed by audit fieldwork and ended by preparation of audit report (completion). While doing the audit planning and completion, the works were done in PwC office with many discussions with the audit partner, audit manager and the client. During the audit fieldwork, I was out at the client's office with the audit team. As a senior, I was always the team in charge of the projects I was in and had to oversee the whole project and coach the junior team members. I was also given the opportunity to work in overseas projects in China and Malaysia. During the 3 years in PwC, I'm trained to be very organised and able to keep multiple projects on track at the same time. I can also work very well with many different people from different background. I've also learnt that good communication is very important in our work, especially the work that involves many different parties. The co-workers in PwC are mostly nice and fun to work with. Due to the minimal age difference, many of us can become friends easily instead of just being colleagues. The management always try to reach out to the staffs to understand the problems we faced and try to provide better working environment to us. The high turnover in the firm had caused serious problems in staffing. The frequent changes in team member and shortage in manpower always cause disruption the projects. It is always enjoyable to work in teams that everyone is working together very hard to achieve the same goals. The coaching culture in PwC also - more...
Pros
Coaching culture, young and fun co-workers
Cons
Poor staffing
You get out of PwC what you put into it. The people working their are primarily younger and everyone is very ambitious. The partners expect a lot out of their staff as do their clients. It was definitely a rewarding experience.
Intelligent co-workers, top-notch training opportunities, commitment to staff and the community, flexibility, leveraging of technology, ability to transfer and try new things.Overall, the coaching and learning environment is bar-none. I've not worked for another company that consistently pushes for continuing education of it's staff in areas of personal development, managerial development, and skills and competency development.
Pros
compensation, top-notch training opportunities, commitment to the community, flexibility, leveraging of technology, ability to transfer and try new things
Cons
demanding career
  1. Senior Associate Engineer