PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in London

The most enjoyable part of the job borders around the excellent team spirit that existed within my group. We were all supportive of each other, with the readiness to cover additional shifts if any of our colleagues called in sick. The management was an open system, whereby all staff members have direct access to the top management, if necessary. It was a whistleblowing made-easy system. All in all, the place of work is always in compliance with health and safety regulations, which in essence makes it a good environment for customers and staff alike to interact.
Pros
Constant payrise and regular training.
Cons
I have worked at PwC for many years. Including their flagship office at More London. Many times, you felt privileged for being part of a forward thinking firm, especially when it came to technology. There are opportunities to work with different lines of service to gain new experiences and skill sets. It was also a joy to work in exquisite modern offices with people from many countries, backgrounds and beliefs.
Pros
The financial rewards and benefits are great. You can wear casual attire most of the time.
Cons
It is very important to take control of your work and life balance. Look after your well-being.
I was appointed as an experienced hire in IFS and the role was not as advertised and the role was not as per the job description. The IFS is entranced in its ways and is not open to new ideas, it is not open to change. The internal processes are old and not reflective of the modern approach. The leadership is more interested in internal politics and empire building than in change, efficiency and modernization. Overall the role was disappointing and unsatisfactory. The leadership very focused on the negative and very unsupportive of new ideas.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Poor leadership
I worked with PwC Global Information team during a Change Transformation and Transition Project. Global Information Leadership team is full of great leaders and managers who encourage, support everyone to succeed in their role. It was a steep learning curve encompassing daily tasks as per the job description and way beyond with the ongoing team changes, multiple resignations, recruitment, interviews to taking/providing hand overs to securely managing global client data during business operating systems changes, an office move, multiple projects requiring fast and accurate decisions during multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines. Challenging yet fast paced leaning environment requiring successfully fire fighting with global virtual and on site team members to deliver the required results. I loved every minute of working with PwC. It was my grand father's dream for me to join one of the Big4, and after working with PwC In-House teams, I have a new founded respect for all of their past, present and future team member's hard work in supporting clients successfully regardless of internal or external obstacles. Great Team members, Fantastic work ethics, 100% job satisfaction, supportive management and certainly an Employer of Choice. I would not think twice to re-join PwC if or when an opportunity comes along.
Pros
Free fruits and hot, cold drinks
Cons
Long hours during projects/period end reporting etc.
Its just Great to work here, Very Nice work culture. Very Nice management. Very Nice office facilities. Very nice locations in London. Flexibility to work from home
Focused and competitive - don't care about people, though. I really don't want to write this review, so I'll not be adding extra information about the company.
Productive work space with ample learning experience. Learnt to work with clients from different domains and background. PwC also provides good learning platform to help you grow in any field.
Fast paced environment. Long hours. Boring work as a graduate - No emphasis on learning technical tax knowledge. Lots of opportunities for flexible working.
Very political with partners that have large egos. Doesnt foster a high performance culture but rather a high networking culture. Quality of work and progression is almost entirely dependent on who you know amongst senior management. All in all a very poor environment to work in.
17 years of service at PwC. Have managed to secure a good network of Senior Stakeholders. PwC actively encourages people to move into other roles in the firm to meet their career aspirations.
Creating/designing PwC and client branded documents including: Presentations Brochures Pitch documents Proposals Placemats Reports Newsletters Creating client templates Interactive projects Sourcing material from image bank/research libraries
Production of a variety of artwork from reports, presentations, event material, brochures, illustrations, interactive projects, social media assets, digital proposals and animations. Challenge ideas and work to be world class Discuss appropriate options for design and advise clients of best use of graphics whilst adhering to brand guidelines
Team are great and the work can be dynamic and exciting but it can also be quite draining and there isn't sufficient recognition for quality employees.
Racist and competitive. Discriminated by a team leader because I was a single mum and Asian. Picked on continuously for trivial things. Now manage over 40 people and supported despite being asian and single parent. PWC employs anyone, bullying culture. Awful
We were treated very well at PWC and everyone felt a part of "the difference" team. I really enjoyed my time working for them as a freelancer on events.
Quite stressful with lack of management but provides good experience. There is good variety of clients and industries to work for but the lack of balance in work is not well managed
Consulting environment and all that entails regarding work/life balance. Fantastic people. Bit old fashioned (like most big firms) but investing a lot in change.
Breaking news, it's a big business! Lot's of positive and fewer negative experiences for me.....a lot driven by the individual you work for. I was fortunate enough to be invested in by the firm in terms of my personal development on numerous occasions and worked internationally with some great people. The annual appraisal process is far too cumbersome and often results in outcomes for individuals that are demotivating. There was an undercurrent that it was all about the seniority of those representing you in the process rather than the achievements that counted more.
Great office environment, modern technology that you have access to working with. The pressures to perform and meet the high performance culture in the firm can be tough to deal wit. The place for you if you don't mind not having work/life balance.
A great place to work with good career development. You get to work in a team and have the opportunities to work with different client portfolio, enhacing your ability to work flexibly and sharpen your communication skills.
A typical day at PwC was busy. Dealing with the firms fee income on a daily basis could be quite demanding, but at the same time rewarding. Workplace culture was great, almost family like.