PwC logo
PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Lagos

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,057 reviews

Great place to work and expose yourself to various strategic projects

Enjoyed the sheer scale and impact of my day-to-day activities on key projects. The company has an awesome people culture and people didn't make a fuss about their titles. Work with PwC if you are ready to take on challenging, impactful and interesting projects alongside interesting minds.

Good for learning, but no life outside work

It's a good very place for the start of an Accounting career. Modest salary compensated through work exposure and training. In the long term, not good enough, if you want a healthy life or intend to raise a family.

Pros

Exposure to the business systems and technology. Collaborative team culture

Cons

No work-life balance, No real coaching after associate grade. You're simply expected to know

Working and learning. Then seerious exposure

Working as to say that the work must finish today, One is our second self. Worked through the night in other to deliver on target date. Slept in client office when the need arises

Fun place to work with very smart young people

The best and brightest work with PwC. Very great place to start your career. Good working relationship and excellent work culture. Management is open and collaborative and team oriented.

Pros

Fun

Cons

long hours during busy season

FunPlace to work

A wonderful learning experience. Wonderful work/life balance and an amazing team. Very diverse people and mostly open minded. Can be overwhelming especially during busy seasons.

Pros

Amazing learning experience

Cons

A great place to develop analytical skills

Pwc is one of the best companies in the world i must say, working with a team is one of the most interesting part, you don't get to do the work alone and then meeting other people who have more experiences and know more about the job is another great experience, the work can get tedious especially at the end of the accounting year but its still a process we get to enjoy later on.

Challenging and exciting

A typical day at work is challenging and exciting. Have to deal with lot of pressure from client and senior team management. But in the end, there is that high sense of fulfilment.

A typical day at work involves me interfacing with client personnel and senior management of the companies and me reporting directly to my managing Partner and supervisor. It involves learning about the business of the client understanding business processes, evaluating them and looking for ways to improve them. It also involves detailed review of financial information and interpreting them.

Excellent

Outstanding place to work, great opportunity to enhance your skills and gather quality experience. I recommend any starter to join PwC for opportunities

pwc experience

i work round the clock but not 24 hours a day. the culture and work and work environment is very good. i enjoyed every bit of it. I was able to work at different countries and across different sectors too

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?

Interesting place to build your career

The period of work is quite seasonal. Work tend to be much at yearend and around the beginning of the year due to regulatory timelines for entities to submit their audited report. People development is fundamental and imperative for management (Partners) and they consciously invest in their employees to represent the brand. The good thing about PwC is that it is a fun place to work for anyone who is willing to go the extra mile.

Wonderful, resourceful and helpful colleagues.

A typical day at work in PwC was very fast paced especially when we were on active audit engagements. Most of this engagements came with very tight deadlines and we had to work not just extra hours, but days also to meet this deadlines. At the end of the engagement there was a huge satisfaction that came with creating value for your client. Some on the job issues were resolved among junior and senior team members, and an appraisal styled feedback was given (Top to down). The most enjoyable part of the job were the audit room interactions and actually finding team members that were interested in the development of each other both personally and technically. The hardest part of the job was maintaining clients and team members who could just never be satisfied. For business continuity purposes, one just had to endure and put up with some unexpected behaviour from clients and some team members to manage the relationship, however this was only on rare occasions.

Pros

Fantastic workplace with the best and brightest (Great learning culture)

Work flexibility

Open Management style Transparency Adherence to core values Support career development etc. The main challenge is managing client's expectations that may unreasonable but understandable because of the many issues they might have.

Great Place to Learn

Was a good environment for a new graduate from college. the environment is great for learn as much as you can, however this is not for everyone but the longer you last the better it is for your career.

overall, its a good place to begin your career and gain solid experience.

PwC is a good place to work, Relatively good benefits but emphasis on solid experience and fantastic brand. Also, relatively good exit opportunities after gaining experience a couple of years.

Good

They are doing a good job but there is room for improvement. They give associates the room to do their job. Most managers do not micromanage. The work style is also flexible.

Productive all inclusive work environment. A great place to work.

PwC is in my opinion, a great place to start a fulfilling career. It provides the opportunity for varied experience - different types of projects, across sectors, interacting with decision makers at large corporations, and lots of good exposure. The global culture is very balanced, encourages diversity and inclusion, as well as respect for the individual. Top management is also very open and accessible, and we are encouraged to share our views. At PwC, there's a lot of emphasis on quality. Expectations are high, and so even the smallest tasks require a good eye for detail. Sometimes the hours may be demanding, but it's usually well worth it in the end. I think the best part are the people. PwC recruits only the best and the brightest, and it shows. Teamwork is emphasised, and at every level there are opportunities to learn and coach others. At PwC, one can readily develop good interpersonal skills and sound technical knowledge.

Pros

Lots of travel

Cons

Sometimes, long hours

Good place to start a career

A typical day at work is like a day to learn something new. You tend to work with like minds that would gear up thought process. Co-workers are seen as a family member because we share and collaborate among one another. The hardest part of the job is tight deadline to finish an engagement with an off-peak period to compensate for the peak period

Friendly and productive work place with a lot of career growth potential

Typical day at work: Full of meetings and deliverable What I have learned: The key to succeeding at PwC is knowing when and how to consult other and leverage on the knowledge network within the firm Management: The firm has sound management and a will laid out succession plan. Co-workers: Its a very profession environment full of empathetic co-workers ready to put themselves in your shoes while carrying out there work

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

Great working Environment

Very good place to start up a career irrespective of your Undergraduate degree. Excellent job security and career growth

Pros

Lots of travelling and per diem

Cons

Long hours and exhaustive

I had a very productive time with Pwc

I learnt a lot, became a full fledged IFRS expert, related well with co workers. I specialized in IFRS for the first time hence developed greatly. I worked well with Nigerians though I come from Zimbabwe, with different culture Altogether it was a worthwhile experience

Pros

Very friendly working environment, good culture

Cons

understaffed hence long working hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K