PwC logo
PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Work–Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,022 reviews

Overall great

Worked as an intern here and I loved the people and found the work pretty challenging. It was great working with smart people who were willing to teach and help

Pros

Smart people

Cons

Hours are long

Bennefits Excellent!

Benefits are great, if you are in a group other than Advisory, it's actually a very good company to work for. The people are very respectful, and especially the Austin group was incredibly energetic and upbeat besides the incredible workload. Big emphasis with Managers taking care of their people, very impressive!

Great place to learn about how businesses operate, but the work culture needs to change

Overall PwC offered me with some valuable experiences. The firm exposed me to various types of people, companies, and work. The firm offers an abundance of tools to continue growing, and the firm does have perks like monthly happy hours and employee discounts. With that being said, work life balance is not possible depending on the client. I worked upwards of 60 or 70 hour weeks during busy season, and saw seniors and above working 50-60 hours weeks once busy season concluded. The environment is fast paced, meaning you must be able to catch on and work quickly with minimal coaching. While teams vary, I generally did not feel a sense of unity on my engagements. Organization and coaching are the top two ares I think PwC should focus on, as associates are often thrown into the deep end with minimal coaching. Furthermore, office politics plays a significant role in how you are viewed and how your career outlook discussion go. If you do not fit into the culture you will have a tough time staying at the firm.

Pros

Employee perks such as frequent happy hours and employee discounts

Cons

Long working hours, minimal coaching, fast paced work environment, client facing

It was better as Coopers & Lybrand, the merger changed things.

This is ancient history for me, but it was a good place to start. It was busy during the tax deadlines and more regular when not. I learned a lot in my time there, especially before the merger. Afterwards, there was a lot of jockeying for position between the two offices, and people started leaving. I was one of them. But it was a great first job to have.

productive and fun place to work.

the time at PWC has been very evolutionary time. Helped me to evolve much more than earlier,technically. I see my graph shooting up constantly since i have started working at PWC.

Pwc

Great experience and learning curve at the start of your career, but comes with long hours and low compensation. Enjoyed the people and culture of company.

Messy

PwC is full of great people and outstanding Partners. I just managed to find myself hired into a group that was going through a transition but not with leadership being transparent about it. The firm is in the midst of a digital transformation that is resulting in completely shifted economies of scale directly affecting their workforce. If there is one of the Big 4 that will be the canary in the coalmine, it will probably be PwC when it comes to the middle manager/director. They've eviscerated that layer the last 3 years and will continue to do so as their work becomes either commoditized or is transformed by AI/Machine Learning. So, I am on the fence about it being a great place to work. Nice people and interesting projects, for sure. But longevity? No way. But that's the case throughout the white collar professional world at the moment. Not sure when that tide will change -- but it will. The workforce reductions on a societal level just are not sustainable without severe civil disruption and PwC knows that by their own research and reporting.

Pros

Cons

Job Security

Work Life Balance?

Compensation is great. However, I was unable to plan activities as I was always working weekends. Which is manageable during busy season. But as you switch from client to client, unless you are lucky busy season is never ending. Work life balance is a joke, all it means here is how can we fit more hours into a smaller time frame before you leave early (5pm) on a "flexible day" during the week. An 8-5pm or 9-5pm workday is considered "leaving early."

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Work Life Balance, no breaks, eating from your computer and eating dinner at work.

Great clients, smart co workers, great experience

Overall great place to work. Interesting clients, smart co workers. You get the opportunity to work on more challenging assignments earlier in your career and gain experience that you wouldn't be able to elsewhere.

Advisory Consulting

A bit high strung within the strategy sector, which I guess is to be expected. High quality deliverables and though process around all client work

Enjoyable place to work

There is a lot about the firm that is great. It is a great culture that values collaboration, that truly values diversity of its employees, and that is very collegial.

Good

Good team Good projects Good learning Good work Great workmanship

Good Experience/Too Many hours

Good Experience/Too Many hours. Worked for 2 years and it is a grind.

Pros

Good Experience

Cons

No work/life balance

Very quiet workplace

Most employees work offsite at client's facilities. The Austin office is very quiet. PWC does rotate its partners every few years so leadership changes.

Pros

Benefits, bonuses, parties

Cons

Advancement requires relocation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K