PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Columbia, SC

The company is going through a transition in which they are gutting the core offices, moving people to "Talent Exchange" and opening more "Acceleration Centers". Talent Exchange is full of people who thought the company would take care of them, now to find that they are contract based and there is no guarantee or benefits. Acceleration Centers are built in lower income markets (they can pay people less for the same work) with the promise of moving them to Core after 2 years. Question: if you're gutting core and moving people to talent exchange, how is this promise of movement to core going to be realized?
Toxic culture, incompetent / checked out management, woefully inadequate training - disorganized and confusing systems - one way communication - Misery Inc.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Too many to fit in this box
The project structure makes it difficult to take ownership over your career advancement. PwC core staff are usually very focused on meeting a deliverable therefore coaching or mentoring are unheard of. It feels very much luck based on times, some core staff and projects were exceptional while others were mean-spirited. Unfortunately moving projects is frowned upon. You feel very disposable since you are rolled off if you don't hit target or reminded that unless you are in QC role you are not contributing making it impossible to receive constructive feedback. High turnover and it management knows this so there is a sense of put up and shut up. Very diverse and inclusive environment but there is definite favouritism that becomes disheartening. Perfect opportunity for fresh grads trying to get into the job market but unsure of what to specialize in and want an appetizer into working for a big four consulting firm or unable to get into core. Though the ability to transfer into core is difficult i.e. after two years and subject to an endorsement and availability.
Pros
People are nice, Columbia is a cheap place to live in
Cons
Poor pay, favouritism، career ownership and advancement, luck of the project
● Work-life balanceWould like weekend hours to be available instead of the standard Monday - Friday.● Pay & benefitsMBO Partners take out 16% which too much. The cost of “payroll” should be shifted to Pwc not contractor.● Job security and advancementThis is contract work. You don’t know when your time will be up. There is no job security.● ManagementManagement is unorganized. I am very surprised about how unorganized this place is.● CultureIt’s a do your work and keep your head down culture. No one is friendly. It’s all about production.● OverallThis would have been a five star review. I deducted a star for being unorganized, bad management, inadequate training, and lack of communication. I’m a Compliance Analyst contractor. The work is not bad. However, there should be some changes in management. The procedures for the work have errors in them, which makes the job difficult. Pages are not numbered correctly. They expect you to read procedures that don’t make sense. They do not have adequate trainers. They have people that do the job you do and dictate orders. Pwc should invest in the quality of trainers and training. Training was not useful at all when I first started. There is no open door communication. This company is very unorganized. The work itself is not the problem—the people are the problem. I know the higher ups do not care, but I thought I’d share my experience. I won’t let people’s attitudes get to me in this organization. I have compassion and under everybody have personal problems in life. It’s highly micromanaged although we are working from home - more...
I was able to learn different sectors of risk that I had previously been unaware of. We worked on a project basis with each client. It is a very team orientated culture.
While PwC has a great large name to add to your resume, it does have some limitations. You are constantly subjected to reviews based on "performance" on each project by managers. If the manager doesn't like you, well you have to accept the bad review regardless. Such a bad review can cost you a promotion up to 2 years or more. The only way to get a promotion is to stay on projects with managers that like you to guarantee good reviews. Lots of office talk is very political, and people like to play favorites on projects. Also, the pay is fairly low, depending on your role. But when weighing out the benefits (healthcare, dental, vision, bonuses, discounts, etc), it isn't TOO bad. Either way, definitely a great starter company even if you decide to move on to something else. Definitely a good learning experience.
This company does not train properly for the job you are expected to perform. Emphasis on productivity not resolution. C-2 's should be given more work to do and stop personal judgement.
I have been here for a year and it has been a very good place to work and you can move up if you do your work and are good at it and are always at work during core hours .
Great place to gain beneficial experience in a variety of settings. A huge plus the is ability to own your career and seek out opportunities through your time there based of your interests.
The PwC Columbia AC is an office that is mostly comprised of younger employees and recent graduates. This creates a relaxed, fun work environment in some instances when appropriate. The company does a good job providing employees with plenty of opportunity to learn as well as earn credentials (when/if approved by leadership). PwC also does a good job of providing employees with decent work-life balance. However, this PwC office tends to drop the ball quite a bit once promotional time comes around. Others that work harder and put forth time to help the client and PwC itself succeed can go multiple promotional periods with no reward or recognition from leadership. This makes it difficult to keep employees motivated, which is likely an indicator as to why the employee turnaround is as high as it is for this PwC office.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
Working there has taught me a lot about productivity and the power and influence it holds. However, it has also taught the importance of appreciating coworkers and those within my responsibility.
Pros
Flexible scheduling for hours of work
Cons
Short breaks with very little time off that could be utilized effectively.
Great place to work with lots of flexibility. Various projects will require different hours but the team is always willing to work with personal needs.
Great place to work, just fell victim to changing business model that eliminated my position. On a typical day, very high level management/supervision. Given a task and a deadline to meet.
Pros
great company interaction environment
Cons
changing business models that eliminate positions and people
Stressful environment. Staff was sometimes friendly. Biggest perk was being able to leave early on friday's. Alot of material to retain, pay attention in class, ask questions, and maybe this job can be a good fit for you.
Good place to work. Good entry level position. Good staff. Regular 8-5pm hours. Learned a lot. ability to stay there if needed. Good location for food. Staff is nice
Pros
Hours.
A typical day in the life of a PwC employee is forever changing and evolving. Each day can be different from the last depending on project/engagement.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Ability to get stuck in one field
The work life balance is awful and for my location I am highly underpaid. The pros include great experience with a well known firm. I learned a lot about the healthcare industry which is where I wanted to end up in my career.
Company offers flexible hours and plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development. My superiors and peers have taught me invaluable lessons that I have been able to carry forward.
It was very exciting at first to learn and get hands on, but later into the company was very competitive and also maintaining numbers and merits had to be consistent. Hard to roll-over you stay as a temp a long time, as long as your productivity meets their requirement.
Pros
incentives at he end of the month, qtrly bonus, free xmas party luncheon
Cons
short breaks, 4 claims within 1hr, lot of phone calls, long wait time with payer
Typical day at PWC-VBO you sign in and work accounts to resolution. Learned a lot from my TL and upper management on how things work and what they look for productivity wise. You have a productivity that you should be looking to meet weekly as well as the team that you are on. The environment is fast paced. Hardest part of the job was learning new software for the different facilities, having to work on ,multiple at one time was a challenge but can be done!
Pros
Training program
Cons
Short breaks
Hours are flexible, however they need a new building and better management. There needs to be better growth opportunities. The company needs to value their employees a little more and promote people on their abilities and not who they know.