PwC logo
PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Work–Life Balance

Found 117 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,022 reviews

Great Company But Work-Life Balance Lacking

While both the company and the people at PwC are great, work/life balance is lacking to a large degree. You will learn a lot and can quickly grow but you will need to be prepared to work a lot.

Pros

Culture, people

Cons

Worklife balance, benefits

I've worked for better consultancies

I can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like about PwC, but I think it boils down to the leadership...at least in the organization I was in (Data & Analytics). The majority of leadership were part of an acquisition, and they maintained a clique. Further, they weren't as smart as they thought they were w.r.t. data.Generally, PwC was a pretty good place to work - I liked the other people and orgs I came into contact with, and the company tried to have engaging activities. But in my group, I found they catered to the clients in a reckless and unfruitful way. And b/c I didn't particularly respect my leadership, they, in turn, didn't really respect me. I certainly never got any coaching or guidance...or even a boost to help me get a working relationship established with key selling leads.

Pros

Great brand. Pretty good working culture.

Cons

I found it ridiculously stressful to work there.

Nice place to gain experience

Good Company to gain experience. Constant changes in the work environment. Always under pressure to meet the deadlines. Client always comes first and then employees.

Big place, great benefits, easy to get lost in the shuffle

Great place to grow a career, but easy to fall prey to politics or get lost in the shuffle of a place so large. They care about their people and ensure our safety and security - always. Great benefits

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility

Cons

Politics and hierarchy can be difficult to navigate

High paced working environment

Busy seasons have become longer since COVID-19. People are generally helpful and fun. Work-life balance has decreased in the past year and it looks like it is the new normal for public accounting.

Flexibility and support from managment was very good

The overall culture at PwC is awesome. Great flexibility and the integrity and overall brand at the firm made my job easier as a Recruiter. The firm met my standards for ethics.

Great place to work if you want the opportunity to succeed based on your initiative.

The firm expects associates to hit the ground running and deliver a quality product to clients. For individuals who are self-starters and enjoy a fast-paced environment with ample opportunity to excel based on your own initiative, this is an excellent place to thrive.

Pros

Great benefits, access to partners, opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Some divisions may require heavy travel depending on the market.

Innovative and Flexible

A really great place to work and learn. Can be demanding at times and may have higher turnover at the lower levels. Definitely a great company, and there is always room for more growth for everyone here.

Worst of the Big 4

Absolutely cut throat environment. Director was a half functioning alcoholic and had team members fired for his shortcomings. Dallas office in particular has a discriminatory culture toward men and all heterosexuals

Great for advancement

There is no substitute for furthering your career, but incoming hires should proactively take care to maintain work/life balance and save your energy for busy periods. Take advantage of every perk, and say "yes" to opportunities; you will be exposed to an incredible body of work and experience.

Too political a place. You need to be 'in' the gang to succeed

If you're not hanging out with the cool kids, you and your skills don't matter. In spite of this, it is a place for some incredibly talented and well meaning folks. Watch your back all the time.

Large firm but small groups / teams make it feel much smaller.

PwC provides lots of opportunities to expand beyond your comfort zone. The work is demanding, but the quality of the people that make of the teams make it enjoyable.

Productive and Fast paced

Great firm to work for.Competitive environment with opportunity to work in different technologies.Good growth in terms of position and compensation.Supportive management.

Good place to work for entry level roles

Good place to work for entry level roles. Cyber team often has a lot of travel required to client locations. best thing is these are company paid trips.

Learn a Lot

As an associate for PwC you learn a lot on the job very quickly. You have the ability to take on big roles and show how valuable you can be from day one.

Productive and dynamic workplace

Best in class services and staff. Big 4 life is stressful but PwC makes a good faith effort to minimize the impact on life. The firm is highly competitive inside and outside with constant drive for promotion.

Work hard, be compensated

Everyone who is successful at PwC must sacrifice a huge part of family or outside life to stay on track. It's a culture where nearly everyone is a high performer but leadership has its class pets, so people's favor can fluxuate. The firm practices amazing responsible business leadership in the community. Sometimes neglects worker bees.

Pros

Work remotely, great benefits, nice office, opportunties to travel

Cons

Never off the clock, tons of red tape administrative tasks, specialty groups poorly managed

Work

While at PwC there was a lot of work. But having to balance both life and work was a challenge at first. But the best part of a long day is what you have achieved.

Flexible, innovative and learning-conducive environment

I learned about Agile practices, DevOps and Cloud services/web services as well as Test Automation. Loads of learning opportunities, formal training, and networking events.

great people, fun place to work, productive

great place to work , fun environment, great people , fair compensation very colabortive, probably the best job I ever had I would probably still be there if not for 9/11 events

Ok

Great for advancement. However, politics plays a big part. It's what you make of it. If you cherish work/life balance you have to hope you get booked with a good boss. Mostly it's luck.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K