PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Ability to do meaningful work and work with very talented employees, management and executives. My opinion and data analytics were appreciated when making data driven decision making.
Pros
excellent travel support in major cities
Cons
Very competitive work environment and culture
great work culture but longer hours than most. you would need to have strong discipline to find out. Flip side is PwC is a big, multinational. You'll get better gigs there, but won't make as much, and have more competition as you up-rung the ladder towards promotional opportunities.
Good place to start a career; lots of opportunity for development, variety of work, etc. Culture largely depends on your specific line of service, office, and team. Pay starts relatively low for associates but ramps quickly once promoted in 2-3 years.
The environment is great for the right person. If you want to be in professional advisory services, it is a tough world but PwC can do a lot better to reconcile the firm's messaging with the reality. There used to be better work life balance but that now only applies if you're in a good group. If not, you will work your tail off with little relief and the firm's messaging almost seems to make it worse. The idea was that the compensation was not as high as other firms because of the WLB incentives but those have close to vanished and now it is a mill of working under more pressure without the increased compensation. I'd say great place to start but if you don't fit in don't force it, go find something else. It is not a firm for everyone especially diverse individuals. The messaging works for those who are in the majority but falls on deaf ears for those who want to believe it truly has a diverse and inclusive approach. It does not and cannot figure out how to do so. So, if you are super corporate and want to work in a large organization that has had much of its personal touch sapped out of it then this is a great environment to gain fantastic experience and to network but do not drink the kool aid.
Pros
good for resume, excellent for learning
Cons
No work life balance, compensation not competitive, High deductible medical benefits
PwC is a wonderful place to start your career, young and energized. The more busy seasons you work, the more stressed and burnt out you become. The unfortunate part is that some people have fantastic experiences and work-life balance while others are unlucky and are stuck in a place where it feels like busy season all year round. In the end, if you can put in the work and time early on, do it. Get the experience and leave.
Pros
Free phone, "unlimited" sick days, flexible schedule
Cons
Work-life balance does not exist, you're just another number
Learned a lot, helpful managers. Work life balance can be tough with travel, but mostly it depends on your client and the team. The company as a whole is great.
Speaking for PwC advisory only. Great culture at the company, and a lot of opportunities to network with others from different groups and cultivate mentorships. As a POC, I felt supported and empowered.
I joined PwC after graduating from college and worked there for 5 years. I feel I was really lucky to work in a professional firm with tons of talent people and clear prompting mechnism.
Work life balance is tough but not impossible. It is a fast paced and stressful environment. A lot of hours will be required to be put in during busy season.
Work/life balance can be a challenge, but they generally reward hard work and good performance with bonuses and raises which are respectable for the industry. Always opportunity to take more challenging work.
Excellent work balance. Team working Is highly encouraged which helps to find and correct errors for quality output. PWC has ongoing educative programs for its staff In IT and overall well being of the company. Very exciting.
Pros
Work well be well
PwC is a great place to start your career, grow and learn. I was exposed to so many clients and accounting matters and was given opportunity to advance quickly.
There will be a lot of learning, and a lot of late nights. The one thing that made me enjoy my time at PwC was that you had no choice but to progress.
Great culture, pay, benefits, and best of all great people! Unfortunately, it was a seasonal position for me but I had a great experience working with such a wonderful team.
Cons
Prioritizes client needs and focuses on opportunities for digital and technology-based solutions and advancement. Work and culture is very variant across different groups within the large company.
Very little regard for work-life balance. Grueling travel schedule. Highly driven and intelligent people. Fierce competition embedded in a feudal framework.
Working at PwC requires being available most of the time and very responsive. The people are nice in the group but are very demanding. Relatively large group.
If I could sue them I would. My experience here was a total nightmare, racism, abuse, working with incompetent managers etc. Low pay, long hours, no work life balance, all what they advertise is lies. They lie to their clients, give them low quality work etc. Worst place I have ever worked at.
Great culture, endless opportunities, diverse (in mostly metro cities) terrible work life balance, very little mobility opportunities among lines of services.
You will have no life !! Just work ! HR is the worse to deal with !! They break the rules to fire people if any manager/ director disliked you for any reason! They do anything & everything to keep top management happy, you are replaceable at any second. I’ve seen them destroying the inner peace of really good and intelligent people. I learned a lot from this place, the most is to set my priorities right !!
The most difficult part of my job was doing so much and it being hard to advance. Diversity was slim in my department which was a disappointment as they pride themselves on diversity.