PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Ability to do meaningful work and work with very talented employees, management and executives. My opinion and data analytics were appreciated when making data driven decision making.
Pros
excellent travel support in major cities
Cons
Very competitive work environment and culture
It's okay. Not to good not too bad. It is a good company to work for. I liked it while I was there. Good business folks to talk to. Good working environment. Not the best company to be contracting with.
Good company and has a lot of good internal opportunities so long as you are aligned with good partners/managers to keep yourself booked on engagements.
Innovation and digital skills are top priorities, the company shuts down during key holidays to allow employees to recharge. The firm has strong diversity programs
Everyone at PwC was very supportive and helpful in my personal and professional development. The culture was fast pace and I learnt a lot from everyone.
PwC is an arrogant place.. Very hierarchical and old school.. They do have very smart folks but inflexibility and attitude of the place got to change..
Career progression is extremely slow and arbitrary. Compensation is hardly tied to skills and effort. Management is often an inconvenience and misuses resources, unable to even remotely understand the projects they are allegedly managing. Ideas to make operations more efficient are frequently ignored as management self-assuredly causes delays which lower staff must work to resolve over their weekends.
While they did some nice things for employees, it was not uncommon to be spoken to with little to no respect. This was a very competitive culture where you have to be careful.
It was a pleasure to work there and I may have had a career lifelong but I just couldn’t move to Tampa given my circumstances. The focus of the group changed and its IT headquarters was moved to Tampa. But whilst there it was a lovely job and everyday was challenging and fulfilling. Sounds like a dream but it was not. Tampa to me was not an option.
Spent 16 years at PwC, promoted from Senior Associate to Managing Director over that period. I created a path for each promotion - it wasn't just given to me. If you want to be part of a hard driving, high performance culture, and can navigate lots of politics, its a good place for you.
Environment is extremely stressful - 60 hours weekly at minimum. Travels (100%+) take much of your personal time, including weekends. Project budgets are tighty with no overtime.
I am overall happy working at PwC. There is a work- life balance, good training, interesting work and coaching if required and good benefits and also good growth prospects for right professional.
This environment is very tense and not a joint group. Management did not part take in keeping the team informed and were not employee friendly. They micro manage the team.
The management provides the interns with a lot of guidance and tries to give them as much exposure to higher-level partners and projects. The interns are included in team gatherings and on projects, the senior people really take the time to help you learn and understand. It was a great experience but being a part of the deals team meant that hours could be long and unpredictable for indefinite periods of time. Comes with the territory. They really look to offer their interns jobs, just come to work ready to learn and do your best to hold your own. Effort is appreciated even if you don't always know what to do!
Heavily performance driven and focuses on bottom line growth only. Leadership has lost sight of its most important asset (people) and initiatives to help enhance people experience are rarely followed.
I worked there in the early 1990's so I am sure it is quite different now. Very good benefits, nice offices, top notch employees. My boss was great but he got assigned to a major project just when I was hired so he was not able to support any clients I brought to him. Without him, I was unable to get new business very easily.
PwC remains a great place to work straight out of school. Plenty of hours you can work and things you can learn. Culture is pretty bad, no one is very happy to work there until you are on top as a partner. Hours are hard and don't line up with what you are paid. If you are on a good team then work is nice, but more often you are with people that are tough to work 60-80 hour weeks with when things get busy. Glad I tried this out, but it wasn't for me and I don't want to work here again.
Provide buy side and sell side diligence to private equity and corporate clients across various industries. Management and Partners are great to work for.
It wasnt a great experience with this company although they claim to be the best in the industry. There is a general lack of awareness and growth prospects with PwC
Pros
Not worth it
Cons
Not worth it
PwC is an amazing firm. You'll find yourself emerged in a friendly, open culture with people of various backgrounds. You will learn, grow, and transform at a firm like PwC.
The best place to work in my experience. They had a wonderful pay scale and benefits. Human Resources was very helpful with work/family/life balance.