PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Ability to do meaningful work and work with very talented employees, management and executives. My opinion and data analytics were appreciated when making data driven decision making.
Pros
excellent travel support in major cities
Cons
Very competitive work environment and culture
In the tax compliance group you will learn a lot through the volume of work that you will do. You will have a lot of late nights during busy season. Depending on what type of managers you work for, they could make the work more difficult than it is.
PwC is exciting to work for, the culture in the main offices is great, however, if you are looking for any form of work life balance stay away. The audit groups are the ones with the least flexibility however, any other departments aren't so terrible. depends on where you get staffed, so really on your luck.
Pros
in line with all Big4 Perks
Cons
no work life balance
While at PwC you get to meet different people constantly. It's a great stepping stone when coming out of college. There's a lot of exposure which can help your career.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Great place to work Great place to live Great place to grow Great place to have friends Great place to learn Great place to engage Great place to party Great place to reflect
I would not trade my nine months of busy season each year. It was crazy when I was in the midst of them with high pressure, poor work-life balance but it was worth it. I can honestly say despite the burn out, I learned a lot. It was the foundation of my professional career and shaped my career path and allowed me to be a greater asset to my next firm.
I was a summer intern in tax at PwC. My managers displayed no interest in giving me work for the majority of the summer. Spent most of my internship staring at a screen doing nothing. Did not receive an offer because "I wasn't excited about the work" that they never gave me.
So the good news is that I get to put PwC on my resume. The bad news is that I have PwC on my resume because I actually had to experience the disaster that is that company. I was in Advisory, so not Audit, Tax or Assurance. Here's a good story...I had to let 2 people on my team go because someone somewhere thought there would be a downturn in the economy. Ooook. I got to announce who I let go at a Partner meeting at the Ritz Carlton where 250+ partners were staying for a meeting. That's right, I fired people who did nothing wrong, and talked about to peers while drinking Macallan 18. To those two...I am sorry. This place is full of smart people who are really good at what they do. Unfortunately, what they do is both great work and Game of Thrones style ambushes, politics, back stabbing and lying. It's an incredibly toxic culture and one that I wouldn't return to for all the money in the world.
Pros
Smart people, good brand recognition
Cons
Everything else besides that.
The pure definition of getting an on-the-job education. Entrusted with significant responsibility at a young age early in my career, and enabled to meet leaders of local and national industry on a regular basis. An excellent experience.
PwC has been the place that encourages me to be the best at what I do and taught me a lot by letting me teach my associates and peers. The workplace has been very supportive and accommodating.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
 Managed team to execute the BSA/AML and sanction Risk Assessment on a global scale and designed periodic review process.  Drafted periodic review procedure and developed screening procedure, customer risk rating methodology  Developed KYC operating models, workflows, QA process and defined roles and responsibilities.  Performed gap analysis of AML policies and procedures in line with new regulatory requirements and executed the revised ones. Created red flag inventory and typology mapping.  Managed BSA / AML program assessments, periodic review and Remediation, Operational Transformations, Compliance Control Strategies for PWC Banking clients. Performed respective clients’ (Banks’) current state assessment for KYC CDD, EDD operations, existing governance and designed remediation activities with updated program, policy & procedure to address the identified issues by regulators.  Assisted with CDD & EDD enhanced procedure for KYC new client on boarding, KYC remediation operations and Transaction Monitoring/Lookbacks.  Led the remediation pipeline for KYC reviews at several banks and ensured to compete them per regulatory target.  Developed AML training materials, operational innovations, successful target operating model, KYC due diligence workflows and reporting tools.  Performed operational analyses and focused on improving delivery performance for AML teams while reducing costs under existing governance structures.
Pros
lots of exposure working with versatile client and stakeholders
Cons
Travel and long working hours does impact work life balance negatively
Work life balance is not applicable but PwC ability to serve top FS clients is second to none in consulting. Sometimes looses the way and shuns investments to enhance offerings so many strategic initiatives loose traction and die on the vine.
Pros
Excellent training and exposure to world wide clients
Cons
management is so only in name (5000 partners, 6000 businesses)
PwC doesn't have much movement for senior EA's such as myself. Some work goes a long way especially with the role I was most recently employed in. However, the management and compensation doesn't reflect.
Provides the most challenging opportunities for personal growth in a culture that respects diversity and work life balance. You will work with outstanding professionals and learn more that you thought possible. You will increase your digital skills. You will receive technical training as well as soft skills The sky is the limit.
First tech job in an office. Was great learning there. Most of the time I was fixing PCs in house. Great place to work because it was in the city but I always love to work in the field.
Pros
City office
Cons
Didnt like to stay indoors.
The best 10 years of my work career/life! I went from an HR Assistant to an HR Associate. I was given supervisory opportunities and management roles. The pay was great and the support from managers for mobility and career growth exceeded expectations. Hard work really paid off. PwC is excellent with work/life balance and competitive with pay.
Pros
Positive culture, career mobility friendly
Very long hours 50-60 hours a week would be the absolute minimum. 100+ hours would not be unusual in busy season. Excellent visibility to higher managers in clients e.g. CFO, treasurer and CEO. Given a lot of responsibility and as such is very stressful. Pay is lower than private sector. All that said the opportunity to advance is very good and based on merit. Experience gained is invaluable and can be parlayed to higher salary after 6-10 years.
Pros
Fast career advancement
Cons
High stress, long hours
PwC was a great place to work. The culture was supportive to career growth and opportunities were provided for interesting and challenging projects. Professional development provided me with the tools to keep up to date in my field as well as providing useful tools to use in the projects I led.
Good company to work with. Multinational with offices in many countries. SAP practice is not as extensive as other practices. Good job stability but not that good for growth.
When you work on PwC the office practically became your new home, you're expected to work over time specially when due dates are approaching (even if you finished your work on time, this of course varies per team) but you obtain a lot of experience on management because when you go to evaluate a client you became your manager.
Pros
Interesting conferees, a lot of opportunities to travel
Cons
Poorly plan job assigments, terrible work-life balance
PwC was a great place to launch a career but they worked us hard and then spit us out. The work life balance was terrible and the experience very much depends on our individual manager. You can get lucky and have a great experience or unlucky and be miserable.