PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in San Francisco, CA

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 79 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,091 reviews

Ok

Good place to start out. Long hours. Tracking your time. Good connections to industry for when you want to jump ship and work for one of your clients. Good training

You will learn a lot

You will learn a lot from this company but no work-life balance, have great training to employee and very good workplace culture, the experience is valuable.

Best Place to Start a Career

This was my first job out of MBA. It was challenging and there was some bad managers. Once you find your crew inside the firm its a lot of fun. I still in touch with the folks I worked with. Great place to jump start your career.

Challenging workplace with various responsibilities

Opportunities to learn/do something new every day. Projects can be challenging with long hours. Experience working here is determined mostly by clients assignment and team members.

Pros

Cellphone coverage

Cons

Tight deadlines, long hours

Productive and learning work environment

Its a great place for new hires to learn a lot of tax issues in real practice. I really grew a lot and learn a lot from there. Also, you have to be slef- starter and take ownership of your engagement.

7 years at PwC

Excellent work experience, learned a lot in a very short time. Very talented and dedicated personnel. Partner based business so lots of focus on selling and client billing. Often long hours working on challenging projects with lots of travel. Intense focus on successful delivery to meet client satisfaction, and as a result, winning add on work.

First job

As a first job for a college graduate, PwC is an ideal platform where I gained and honed various skills that will no doubt benefit my career development in the future. However, the culture at the firm is clearly "only the fittest survive" and oftentimes employees have to self-train themselves on top of demanding deadlines.

Pros

Launchpad for future career, generally great people to work with

Cons

No work/life balance, corporate culture is awkwardly trying to capture all the fads in mainstream media, trainings often lag behind the actual work assignments

Long hours, sometimes worth it

The rumors are true about Big 4 accounting. Long hours, mundane work, but great people and opportunity for growth. For those interested in pursuing a career in in accounting it is worth it to stay for as long as possible.

Work life balance

The company tries to achieve work life balance. It still seems challenging with mandatory timesheets. The company does have great flexibility in its own way by providing firm wide shutdowns.

Large big four firm

Large big four firm with all that that entails good and bad. It has a good reputation and often involves long hours of work espeically in the busy season of January through March.

Good company to work with

PwC is good company to work with. It gives flexibility to its employees in terms of time off and better perks. Will get chances with multiple vertical.

Great Company

Great firm to start an accounting career. Love the people, the culture, and the constant learning opportunities. Constant variation in the work experience offered.

productive and enjoyable

One of the best place to work for. Enjoyable and fun working at PWC. People are professional and considerate. Management is very considerate. Management gives two weeks paid time off at year end aside from the vacation that employee incur every year.

Great experience

Overall great learning experience and plenty of opportunities for growth. There can be challenges to work/life balance at times, as client engagements can be intense overall.

good company

Good management, good people, overall great environment; with spirit to strive toward development of human capital within a positive attitude of contribution

the opportunity to rapidly grow

Great place to learn and grow at light speed... but be ready for it! You get what you put in and the Firm allows enough flexibility for you to stop and go as needed and its nice sometimes because you are "on the bench" so the long hours sort of work out in the end.

Seasonal fast paced environment with lots of free lunches

During tax season, the admin staff was required to do the final step in processing tax returns. Admin overtime was always welcome. This job taught me time management. I had to learn to manage the workflow of the managers as well as admin staff.

Miss It

This was my dream job and I miss it everyday. I only left b/c I married a soldier and moved to Germany. I loved the opportunities to learn new skills, the easy going camaraderie and the adrenaline of tax season. Being in a highly specialized tax area after 3 years i wanted to explore other areas of practice. Although i was allowed to, it was frowned upon if I expected to advance. It may be different now, that was several years ago. If they would take me back after such a long absence I would definitely go back..

Pros

Free training, free meals during tax season

Cons

Highly specialized areas of practice are not always a good thing

Good place to start career

Lots of exposure to different clients and industries. You will have an expansive network of high character, intelligent colleagues. Work life balance can always be improved.

Good for the resume

Consistently 60+ hours per week, no work-life balance. Inefficient planning of the engagements and staffing of teams. We did learn a lot about audits, accounting and regulation in the financial services industry. Good workplace culture, the people are generally very nice and easy-going. Hardest part of the job are the year-end audits, which require extremely long hours. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting off!

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and great for the resume

Cons

long hours, no work life balance, inefficient

Challenging and demanding place to work

Great place to start your career where you can accounting experience, build your network, and many transferable professional skills like project management and coaching.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K
2.9K
1.6K

• PwC
  • San Francisco, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?