PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Washington, DC

People are nice and helpful, you get to work closely with upper management however compensation is less compared to industry standards, can improve on that
Working at PwC was exciting at first, I experience a lot of racism and discrimination. They use up and then they let you go. I have no more to say take this and use it.
This company is a great company to work for. You learn a lot very quickly and you are given ample opportunity to advance your career. Travel as a consultant is expected 80-100%.
Great company to work for , worked remotely and met and networked with a lot of senior level team members . .
Great place to work an advance professional setting top of class in accounting and finance management and has the top companies in the United States as clients! Great employers growing expanding and servicing!
The people you support are not your boss -- EA managers are. Favoritism all around. They ignore people until something wrong. Very little opportunity for any advancement. Reviews are like a competition - you aren't review for what you've done but on how you stack up to others in the region. PwC perks are great time off for holiday/vacation, unlimited sick leave and decent benefits. Paying for health benefits is a lot of money especially for those with families.
The workplace was very fast paced, with a demanding schedule. Additionally the culture encouraged competition between employees. A lot of room to grow many facets of your skills, and encouraged continuous improvement.
Pwc was a great place to work. I would go back if I could in a heartbeat. Benefits and compensation is at market value and they value their employees.
Rate this company *required Overall rating* Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture do no include confidential information
Typically met with clients to understand their needs and provide recommendations for process improvement with IT solutions. Management was great and knowledgeable. Very loyal to employees. Biggest challenge is getting a project to meet your desired skill set. I enjoyed being able to work independently.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Difficult in gaining work skills.
My 22 years at PwC (21 as a Partner) was an extremely challenging and rewarding experience. My colleagues and clients that I had an opportunity to work with in Dallas, Cleveland, Orlando, New York and DC made working at PwC an exceptional experience.
Pros
Great experience.
Cons
Challenging to manage work/life at times.
PWC was great place to work It was the where I began my corporate journey. A typical day began with team meetings depending not eh assignment. I learned about corporate America and the requirements for professional services.
I did NOT enjoy working with the attorneys. They were pompous, arrogant, lazy and bullies. As much as I tried to be pro-active, they were not interested. Instead, They wanted me to type correspondence specifically written to their requests, whether they were grammatically correct or not.
Pros
Cons
Lawyers
Supported internal and external audits covering AP, AR, Payroll, and Journal Entries Reconciled purchase order log and maintained list of purchase orders to track 75% exhausted funds Performed daily and weekly cash disbursements of all types Reviewed, audited W-9s & reconciled vendor by vendor Ensured travel expense reports comply with FTR & corporate guidelines & expensed in timely manner
Pros
hourly pay was good through accountemps
Cons
short assignments
There will be after hours work, and busy season (mostly summer) can be very intense and taxing on your schedule. Overall, it is 9-5 and relatively flexible.
I recommend PricewaterhouseCoopers as a place to work. Great place to learn a lot and gain a lot of exposure to different clients, industries, and skills.
Enjoyed the culture of PwC but leadership could have been better. The company was very involved in the community and outreach as well as career advancement.
Cons
Leadership
Great company and salary however, can be a highly stressful workload and environment. Management can definitely use annual training. Most enjoyable part of the job are your teammates.
fast paced, competitive. great opportunities if you are willing to go after them. cannot keep status quo. must be very determine person to stay at the Big 4!
Pros
training
Cons
cut throat
Great place to work if you are on the right client. Collaborative environment... have been fortunate to work with some very smart people. Training is mostly computer based.
They continue to encourage people to grow and network within the company. They do not hire for a contract, they take the time to invest in their people, which is why they have been so successful. I feel grateful to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing group of people.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Work/Life balance