PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Welkom, Free State

The Company is a very good company to work for and having on your CV. The downside to it was that there was no work/life balance. Had to work so many overtime and it was an issue if you wanted to take the time off. We were a family and helped each other when we could.
Pros
Working as a team supporting each other
Cons
A lot of overtime
PWC is a very good place to work for. They really take care of there people. My job was hard because of all the deadlines, but you feel valued at PWC.
Pros
Socials and Functions
Cons
Sometimes long hours
A typical day would include the following: Reviewing junior staffs' work files, coaching junior and other senior staff, budgeting projects, managing client resources and arranging audit projects. Performing timesheet reviews, approving budgets and expenses and managing staff bookings. Communicating deadlines with clients and report to the Directors of the company (as I report directly to the Director) on a daily basis. Review accounting records and auditt files and compiling audit files and financial statements to report to management and following up on exceptions and crisis management. I believe I contributed to management by showing the importance of appreciating staff and being involved in the development and coaching of junior staff. My co-workers are very experienced and is fun to work with. In the profession it is difficult to afford time for social events and social discussions, as we all have to work 90% + productive and we all have extremely high productive work days to finish our duties. The hardest part of the job is time management, always working late and not being able to obtain leave as client commitments are to important. The most enjoyable part for me is the part where you develop younger article clerks, coaching and developing them to growth into qualified CA's. The interaction with clients and the fun of sharing your technical knowledge with other, e.g clients, staff, directors and other charged with governance. The company I work for is excellent at what they do, and the services we deliver to our clients. It however comes at a cost to the - more...
Pros
Exposure to various industries, Excellent technical support structure available, Excellent client profile exposure
Cons
Long work Hours, Difficult to plan & obtain leave, Overbooked Schedules, Poor Reward System vs Responsibilty
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?
  1. Welkom, Free State