PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews in Harare

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,091 reviews

Extremely Productive with Smart and Friendly People

I love PwC the overall work ethic is extremely high and fast paced. The employees are focused yet fun to work with. Hard working yet enjoyable. It the best experience I have had thus far and such a blessing to be granted the opportunity to work at such an amazing firm.

It was good to work for PWC

It was just a one month contract, which was good in provision of exposure. I got hands on experience on research, data collection, data entry and relating with people of various background

The best work place of all time

PWC upholds its core values in entirety. They do what they say they do. The culture is do professional from the Associate to the highest level in the organisation. There are so may opportunities to learn, grow and make a difference. Their staff is their most important asset and they live up to that word by providing training, mentorship, flexibility and development for staff and management. The partners and management genuinely care for staff. They reward and recognise good work. Provide excellent coaching for all levels of staff and make the environment so much fun. Lots of sports and social activities initiated by partnership and staff to promote team building and encourage cross line of service interaction.PwC is an awesome employer all round and would rate it 10 if I could. Stimulating and motivating work environment . I built genuine and strong relationships based on trust and working together .

Pros

Good benefits, great learning experience, positive friendly staff and managers, great leaders

wonderful place to work

however lack of diversity and acceptance of differences. I have to leave due to my religious beliefs unfortunately. I was advised by the staff and a senior manager to leave the profession as my religious beliefs and the auditing profession do not go hand in hand. I do however understand as it was busy periods and deadlines needed to be met. despite being willing to be available during other times it would not work. Otherwise the people are very friendly, kind and helpful. I have enjoyed my stay at the company

A busy day of being productive at work and fun to be at the sametime

I start work at 8am and will then commence our audit review, where it may be related to due diligence, internal audit, review of management accounts or forensic work. The management welcomes a culture of guilty free conversations and organisation culture is quite focused on fitting in each other shoes. The hardest part of my job is on reporting stage of our audit where we have to meet reporting client deadlines and this we achieve sometimes working late. The most enjoyable part of my job is the ever changing part of the audit assignments which enable me to fully execute my skills.

High paced

Public accounting was fun especially after just having graduated from college. Long hours, different assignments every few weeks, lots of travel and a very competitive work environment. I thrived on pressure most of the time but then left after it became a little too much

very productive and professional work place

I learned how to become a professional in one's job. I also learnt how to be a good leader. I also was able to go in other sections and work for me to be able to know all the sections within PwC.

Pwc

Great Management Learnt a lot about grooming and power dressing I enjoyed the team outings It was difficult to say goodbye

Productive and fun workplace

As an Audit Senior I was responsible for the whole audit process, from planning to completion which involved a lot of work and long audit hours. The PwC family provided a good platform to learn and implement strategies which were beneficial to both the firms and personal goals and objectives.

Pros

The co-workers were a good bunch to work with

Cons

Due to the economical challenges, the salary was not in line with the work done

Productive environment which encourages you to be constantly pushing yourself and learning more

- typical day at work is an 8 hour day working at client, following up on requested information and documenting work to ensure it is ready for managers review - learned to appreciate different industries and how they operate as I have audit financial services and CIPS clients - co-workers are supportive as we mostly work as a team to achieve the desired goal and targets for each assignment we would have been tasked - hardest part is at times tight audit deadlines which require long hours of work to get the job done - Work environment encourages development and we all have assigned coaches whom we communicate which areas and experiences we would like to gain within the organisation and assignments we would like to be on.

Pros

my fees for studies is paid for

Cons

long hours when necessary

International exposure

Good international exposure and ability to tap within the PwC network of resources

Pros

Good network

Cons

No good work life balance

Training ground

Auditing from one client to another. Rotating assignments between internal, external and information systems audit as well as governance , risk and compliance. Learnt so much from mangement and coworkers

Pros

learning environment

Cons

not much time for anything else other than work

Productive and fun work place

This was a part-time job that I would do as and when needed.The hardest part was when I had to travel on shot notice. I enjoyed travelling going to Botswana, and South Africa.

Pros

free tickets

Cons

not having enough preparation time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K