PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Accountant

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,091 reviews

This was a good working environment

As an Accountant I ran the Staff Accounting Division of the Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS) for the Navy. Responsible of all program changes and corrections for the accounting system. This was a supervisor position so I accounted for 10 or more employees.

Pros

communication

Cons

Turn around time for a project or responding to project managers

Good Learning Opportunities but Long Hours

Good learning experiences with the firm and opportunities to work with talented people who are willing to invest the time to help you succeed. However, the firm is overly focused on utilization and meeting budgeting goals. Busy year round with long work hours.

Very stressful environment

Always deadline driven and fast paced, introduces you to alot of industries however too much pressure from management and partners, not conducive a good work life balance

Productive and competitive place to work in.

Good opportunities for exposures as the firm audits quite big and reputable companies. It is character building, and forces you out of your comfort zone, the people are willing to help you . Time management is key as deadlines can come at you at once.

Pros

You work with people that are in the same age group as you are.

Cons

Overtime and tight deadline

Work Culture was created for improved working environment

Work Culture was created for improved working environment and continuous methods of improving the knowledge and work environment. Work culture was pleasant.

Great company to work

You can chance to learne more about your function, every year you are a return of the your boss about your job, you can chance to grow up salary, function.

Pros

Day off, free time to break

Cons

Long hours in end balance

Big names aren't always the best

The job was very demanding as the teams were not big enough to complete all the work. Therefore many employees were over-worked. Although you get benefits like medical aid, etc. the salary itself did not do justice for the number of hours you would need to put in to complete all the work. The company promotes a balanced lifestyle however it did not seem evident that anyone was successfully implementing this balanced lifestyle they were promoting. Management seemed to care about your wellbeing, but in the end, the job needs to get done and deadlines need to be met. Employees and co-workers seemed drained and depressed and were living from weekend to weekend if they had all their work up to date, which was not always the case. Clients take long to send the required information and therefore played a big role in the deadlines.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Long hours; Underpaid

Informative and Pleasant

I went to Pricewaterhouse Coopers for work experience, I was unpaid, shadowing an accountant. It informed me on the process of being an accountant which was my intended goal.

A great start

PwC is a great place to begin your career. They provide a strong entry point into the accounting and consulting industry. Their work standards are high and they produce quality results.

A place where you can get more knowledge, have better carrier if your are very much dedicated and talented

Though I resigned form PwC after my contract period over, Still I love PwC as a brand. I learned a lot from PwC specially in Ms Office & Audit & Accounting software systems. PwC wonderful culture I like it.

Lack of leadership

Useless senior management who relied on professionalism of lower management to carry on business. Too much office politics with partner meetings lasting hours and hours with very little positive output

Good company

This is a company that prides itself by delivering work that is of the utmost quality to its clients and through this I have learned to go beyond client expectations,

Terrific professional environment

Very focused with constant deadlines. I learned to leave no stone unturned. People without career ambition don't stay. Great comraderie. The hardest thing is very long hours on some projects

Learnt a lot

I completed my Chartered Accountancy articles at PwC and I would not be as good as I am today if I did not have my articles as a basis. PwC prepared me for all the challenges the private sector may face.

Higher Exposure on Knowledge

As a Trainee Accountant who worked for Audit & Assurance line of survive, It was quite exciting that all the knowledge and exposure I attained during my stay of 3 and half years of time with PwC. Handling multiple tasks at a time, working under pressure, achieving dead lines, be competent with technical stuff and remain relevant were few valuable attributes which I gathered by working at PwC.

Productive and hard working workplace that provided training and experience that will prepare you for the rest of your career. I learned how to work with a diverse set of clients.

Very awesome place to work

Great supportive staff and bosses who ensure you are given adequate times to work with such amazing people. Work was such great exposure as various industries were given work in.

Pros

Happy work environment

Cons

Regarded as PwC family involving in charity works

PwC has been a greater platform for my career. I believe it hepled me to drive my career . It has super environment to work where you are eupied ith resource to provide assistance , mentoring and coaching.

Pros

X mass party retreat, celebrating all the important days during the year

Cons

Not better salary package

Working with PwC was a great experience.

Working with PwC was a great experience as it provided exposure to the accounting environment with friendly staff who treated each other like family members, open door policy (free to discuss anything with the seniors at anytime), month end gathering as an appreciation for the hard work of staffs meeting deadlines and arranging lodgements as and when due.

Good place

You get good exposure to a variety of work/ industries. There are also many opportunities to learn and do something new. People are generally very supportive and helpful.

Pros

Good people and culture

Cons

productive and very busy at all times

learnt basic, partners and seniors were very patient traveled to far places like Richards bay and Bloemfontein- great exposure to different types of audit Hardest part of job was early hours to travel and work late nights

Pros

Staff get togethers and

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K