PwC logo
PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,057 reviews

Productive and fun work place

PwC being one among the Big4 does have quality clients, best infrastructure amongst big 4 as per my understanding with friends from other big 4s, People here are very friendly and approachable, you can find enough resources & trainings for career development.

Pros

Infrastructure, resources, job security, people, trainings

Cons

Long hours, average pay (lowest among big 6), too much dependency on softwares. Lot of risk formalities

Good if you wants to Grow slow and settle down

Management is not people oriented, Sometime it feels like a family business. No Protocol/process for appraisal, No-one follows metrics for fair evaluation. Its all upto your Manager's perception about you. Even if you have facts and figures to prove your point, you Manager is the final authority, you can not challenge that. Specially if you are part of Internal Functions like IT, HR, Quality Accounts Etc. in Fact Business/Project is not so different either.To conclude, Good If you are Slow paced, wants to settle down and have no plans for high speed career growth.

Pros

Chilled life, No Pressure, Employees welfare

Cons

unfair appraisals/promotions, Not so competitive salary, Slow Career Growth

Tough environment with health at stake but excellent for learning and opportunities. Management is good and enough client facing roles but stringent working conditions.

Good work culture

PwC is a great place to work, The exposure is good to learn and grow .. in the emergency situation, PwC is considerate for employees. As a big 4, the place is good to work.......................

It is fast paced

PwC gave me a whole 360 degree experience in Global mobility services such as compliance, varied client facing experience during my tenure compared to previous organisations

A good place to work if you like challenges and learn new areas and businesses. Getting exposure to new industries and technologies is usual. Do not expect a comfortable fixed time job.

Excellent support given for exams and throughout your training contract. Lots of internal training ensuring you are kept up to date with the new accounting standards.

Productive workplace with varied opportunities for professionals

Its been 2 and half years since i joined PwC and i have really liked the work culture, team and my job responsibilities. I would recommend this company to all who are willing to take up challenging assignments and flexible to relocate and timings during deadlines.

Nice Place to Work and good work life balance

Nice Place to Work and work life balance. I joined this Company in January 2017 and very happy to be associated with it for approx 3 years. I have grown here professionally.

Great post uni place to grow

After a few years in different PwC offices, It is now time to live PwC. There was no typical day at work, no usual thing: this is what audit and Big4 are about: bringing multiple challenges to you in a very short period. This is what brought me back to the firm after my internship and my last year at the university. But this is also the reason why I am leaving now: time to grow otherwhere. "Work hard, play hard, but never forget why you came in the first place." From my first coach, 6 years ago....

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PwC?

Hectic but worth it

Working at PwC deals ensures a steep learning curve in all aspects of work. The depth of research and knowledge building that takes place at PwC makes you ready for the toughest workplace scenarios.

employee centric workplace

PwC india is employee centric work place where individual is empowered to work towards the emphasis's on individual growth and development which is the best part.

Productive and fun work environment

Excellent Management. Decent work life balance. Superiors take extra efforts in coaching and are always available to show the way. Learnt most of my communications skills here. Overall pretty happy!

Pros

Good coaching

Cons

Long hours, excessive work always!

A great place to get your training

It is a tough program but once you have PwC on your resume and pass your professional exams you're set. It's the best experience you could ever get and once you leave every other job will seem easy in comparison. Expect long hours, to earn less than your friends for the duration of your contract, and to feel under-appreciation. It's just the nature of the beast as the work is tight on deadlines and has a high turnover rate so people can make the mistake of treating their team as expendable. Positives - you're all in the same boat and you get really close to the people you're working with. Opportunity to travel and stay in a variety of hotels and locations. Best over time and expense policy compared to the other Big Four in Ireland.

Learn or lose

If you're looking to work there, be prepared to give up part of your personal life. The pressure at PwC is always on, and so your working hours having to be "flexible"

Pros

Good colleagues

Cons

Zero recognition and appreciation by management

Productive workplace with respectable and respectful colleagues

A firm with a culture of respect. Challenging work always keeps you on your toes. You get to work long hours sometimes. You learn a lot in a relatively short time.

Pros

Challenging

Cons

great place where i learnt a lot

It was one of me great career journey, I learnt everything about internal audit methodology, mentoring staff and how to develop my career. gained experience about different industries.

I started my career journey with PwC and was very fortunate to have a good manager and partner. I learnt many things and was satisfied with the work culture.

Ocerall is a good company

Is a great company to work for with friendly staff and helpful, Management keeps meeting and action oriented by task effectively and clear understanding of their responsibilities.

Provides invaluable experience in a wide cross section of various industries.

The opportunities that allowed me to cross train and review various industries allowed me to always be learning something new. This level of work intrigued me and encouraged me to keep up to date with all matters affecting individual areas.

Pros

cross training

Cons

issues with work/life balance

Good workplace for people development and build skills

I have learned a lot in PwC Malaysia where people that I met there have helped and guided me throughout my entire work journey. Skills learnt in PwC will never be forgotten.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PwC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9K