PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Intern in New York, NY

The management provides the interns with a lot of guidance and tries to give them as much exposure to higher-level partners and projects. The interns are included in team gatherings and on projects, the senior people really take the time to help you learn and understand. It was a great experience but being a part of the deals team meant that hours could be long and unpredictable for indefinite periods of time. Comes with the territory. They really look to offer their interns jobs, just come to work ready to learn and do your best to hold your own. Effort is appreciated even if you don't always know what to do!
PwC is an amazing firm. You'll find yourself emerged in a friendly, open culture with people of various backgrounds. You will learn, grow, and transform at a firm like PwC.
I was a summer intern in tax at PwC. My managers displayed no interest in giving me work for the majority of the summer. Spent most of my internship staring at a screen doing nothing. Did not receive an offer because "I wasn't excited about the work" that they never gave me.
PwC is a good place for the accountant right out of undergrad to get some years of experience. You work hard, have strong team environment, and really get to know accounting at a deeper level. It is not a good long term solution. Most people leave after about 3 years, and that is probably right. Get some skills, pad the resume, and then move on.
Pros
Good training ground
Cons
Hard work, long hours, basic work
PwC has a great job culture and friendly, helpful managers at all levels. The company allows for room for growth internally. As an intern, I was able to network with people in other groups and higher levels to gain insight on different career paths.
I'd highly recommend PwC to anybody looking for a switch. Great culture, love the people and tremendous career opportunities. Completely vested in the interests of their employees and their growth.
The culture of PwC is probably my favorite thing about the job. Not only id I learn a lot about tax, but I enjoyed the people that I was around, and really looked forward to going to work.
Pros
very flexible in all aspects
Cons
far commute
I go into work and they have tasks ready for me. I wasn't sure what risk assurance was going into it but I really enjoy it as it combines auditing with information systems. The culture is "work hard, play hard" which is good because all of the people I work with are under 30 years old. The people definitely make the job.
Pros
The compensation
Cons
n/a
As an intern, there is a steep learning curve but people are willing to help you out. PwC is a social organization an holds several events in order to balance work and personal life.
I enjoyed this internship a lot. The learning curve is very high at this company however, you always feel you have support from your assigned coaches and other professionals here.
Competitive and very fast. The work life balance is difficult but doable. There will always be something exciting going on in the premises and working there is very challenging.
Competitive fast paced environment. Uninteresting and zero work-life balance. People are very self-centered and the quality of management is abysmal.
- Surrounded by intelligent, hard-working individuals which compels you to do your best and push your limits - Always learning new things whether it be soft or technical skills - Fantastic place to launch your career as employers are constantly seeking "Big Four" candidates - Superb job stability and guaranteed promotion simply due to high employee attrition - Be ready to expect long hours during busy season although you will love summers as you actually get to leave by 5pm.
Pros
Flex Fridays (depending on which group you're in), you learn a lot, slow summers, great place to launch your career
Cons
Long hours during busy season, the work can be somewhat mundane, and relatively low pay
I worked in processing and bringing returns up to my floor to organize, check and ship tax returns to our client, Goldman Sachs. I also would research payee information for the company as well. Everyone was helpful and provided great guidance and worked together during a stressful season. At first I just worked the minimum of 40 hours per week as a was taking a class, once the class was over I started working 50 hours or more per week and became a lot more productive. It was the greatest professional experience of my life.
Pros
Productiveness and accomplished a lot
Cons
Having to go to school and work at the same time