PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Senior Associate

great place to work. great company to work for. great location. great environment. great people and working atmosphere. great balance and compensation
A great company to work for to surround yourself with smart, motivated peers and learn new things through exposure to different clients and project types.
Great place to start of your career in consulting with the big emphasis on learning. Company is still trying to balance being a general professional services firm while trying to compete with big consulting firms (i.e., stay PwC while focusing on consulting-specific improvements)
I've worked at PwC for almost 5 years in the assurance practice in Philly - great entry-level job to learn about auditing and accounting and great client exposure. I've enjoyed the people I've worked with and the learning opportunities. The busy seasons are rough in terms of stress and hours, but this is the best place to start a career.
Pros
Great colleagues, learning opportunities, upward mobility
Cons
Stress, work hours, pay is mediocre
overworked and underappreciated, lots of long hours during busy season. People can be very difficult to work with but outside of busy season there is great flexibility and plenty of vacation if you have the time to take it
Don't go into public accounting. The work is boring and unfulfilling. The hours are brutal and no one cares about you. It's been 7 years and I don't ever miss it.
if you work with good team, you can stick around for many years. but if you work with bad team, you probably want to get out ASAP.Deployment can be very political. if you are the favored child, you will have higher chance of getting on better projects
Great place to start your career. Quick career progression. Work can be stressful during the peak periods but it’s great If you are driven. Learnt a lot and the knowledge gained has helped me in subsequent jobs.
Pros
Social, career progression, technical knowledge
Cons
Long hours during peak times
PwC is a good place to start your career and you will learn a lot working here. Experiences can vary greatly depending on which teams and clients you work with. It is a very high pressure environment and burn out is common. I personally don’t consider it sustainable to work here long term, especially given compensation and perks are not great compared to industry standards.
Learned a lot, helpful managers. Work life balance can be tough with travel, but mostly it depends on your client and the team. The company as a whole is great.
There will be a lot of learning, and a lot of late nights. The one thing that made me enjoy my time at PwC was that you had no choice but to progress.
Good place to start your career. High stress environment but compensated well and learned a lot. Culture is fast paced, but that is to be expected. Weight of the name seems to carry value when applying for jobs.
i enjoy the work but it is only really for people that enjoy the type of work that is done. people are young, energetic and motivated. there are lots of collaboration and coaching.
flexible hours, decent perks, cool team mates, but they'll kick you to the curb when it suits them. Don't buy their bulls**t about caring about people. It's the little people that suffer when times get tough.
Pros
flexible hours, nice downtown office
Cons
they'll stab you in the back at the earliest opportunity
I really appreciate the years I spent in PwC, I learnt alot and i am looking forward to the next step. The core values of PwC have helped shaped my views about life and seeing people as important. Everybody has the capacity to grow and attain the height the desire because PwC places a lot of emphasis oh hard work and excellent deliverable which will be beneficial in ones personal like as well.
Pwc is an amazing company where I’ve met amazing people who have helped my grow both my technical and soft skills. Without what I learned at PwC I wouldn’t say that I wouldn’t be the person that I am today.
Pros
Learning experienced
Cons
No work life, high pressure environment
Excelente experiencia. Totalmente recomendable, aún más para primer experiencias laborales.
Typical sink or swim environment, fast paced, highly competitive & political. Depending on the team, work can be really fun. Firm is also very innovative therefore, there is always a new thing to learn.
Pros
A good place to build yourself through learnings
Cons
Highly political, long hours, favoritism
Overall PwC is a nice place to work if you love what you do, and you are ready to put in hours day in day out. However, do not expect much in promotions especially if you do not have partners support.
Pros
Exceptional training, Travel Opportunities, Personal Growth, Collaborative Environment
Cons
Too much bureaucracy, Favouritism over merit in most cases especially promotions, Long working hours with no overtime, Bonus below minimum wage for the hours you put in, Transfer opps between different LoS reduced, Loads of experienced hires being sucked into the firm.
As opportunities are there for going on Secondment which enables you to grow as a person Professionally and Personally both. Also we can have good exposure in terms of Ind AS and IFRS experience.
Learning environment Work is different teams and managers Can sometimes work long hours when on deadlines Working with blue chip companies and learning the company dynamics
Pros
N/a
  1. Senior Associate