PwC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

PwC Employee Reviews for Senior Manager

fast paced environment. Can be long hours. Not the best work/life balance. Challenging opportunities. great culture Very team oriented culture with lots of opportunities.
Pros
challenging work
Cons
work/life balance
Elias with all the business targets that we receive, we must also attend to the Partner personal needs. There is no work life balance and certain obedient employees receive the privilege to stay in the job and get promoted.
Pros
Terrible
Cons
Salary, benefits, management, toxic environment, suicidal
Fun place, salary intermediate, training opportunities relatively fewer than competition, poor management, does not do what it preaches, cannot keep rare talents, harbor dead conspiratorial dead woods.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Poor management
PwC provides little training and little support for women. The management is awful and many talented people leave. The only enjoyable part of the work is the independence provided.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Poor Management
Great place to grow a career, but easy to fall prey to politics or get lost in the shuffle of a place so large. They care about their people and ensure our safety and security - always. Great benefits
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Cons
Politics and hierarchy can be difficult to navigate
Al tratar de generar relaciones laborales fue un conflicto ya que logré mejores relaciones con socios y directores, que mi propio jefe, lo que me generó conflictos en la última etapa
It is challenging to work within one of the smaller niche departments of PwC, there is little understanding of the niche market space that the small department works within.
I was the highest producer (i.e hours and billings) at pwc but they fired me because they said I did not fit. The management always said I was doing well and that I was a good producer and then suddenly they fired me without notice.
Great place to work for. You'll get an invaluable exposure to varied things that will help you become a better professional. Your supervisor will always be very supportive of you.
PwC provides a platform to work on real world client problems that is constantly changing environment. You get exposed to all phases of a problem solving - Define, Design, Strategy, Implementation, Run and Operate.
Benefits
Cons
lot of travel
Fun place and team to work with and learn on the fly. The experience here has helped me grow into a cybersecurity professional and grow from a personal level as well.
If you can be successful in a very traditional professional services firm, where your talent and personality must fit within a narrow box of acceptable norms, and every day is like an episode of Survivor, you will do great here! If you enjoy getting input for your work from 5 to 12 people, you'll love it. If you want to be told your past 10+ years of experience is irrelevant because the PwC way is unique, you'll shine. If you're fine with your well-researched ideas being thrown out because "that's not what the client wants," get ready for 120% utilization. If you find pleasure in having to step over your colleagues to get noticed, you'll move right up the ladder.
Horrible company. Don’t do it. They’re not well Managed and most of the partners are sociopaths, literally. Their systems are from the dark ages and everyone loves to stab each other in the back. They’re really bad.
If you're not hanging out with the cool kids, you and your skills don't matter. In spite of this, it is a place for some incredibly talented and well meaning folks. Watch your back all the time.
PwC is one of the few companies which can provide you the opportunity to learn and grow at top clients. You learn all the aspects of a project - Strategy, Design, Implementation and operationlization.
I worked for PwC for more than a decade, so there were enough positives to keep me there, however, there is one significant flaw in the firm that can affect anyone at any time. Promotions to management grades tend to be made on the strength of length of tenure, technical knowledge and/ or networking, and not on management skills. Consequently there are often issues with decisions made by people who are not skilled in managing people and teams. You can be lucky to get a manager who has the skills or you may be unlucky. The most obvious sign that all is not well is PwC's decision to split the roles of Line Manager and People Manager, a role that is normally done by one job holder in companies where management skills are much stronger. Because this has been a long term issue, many of the most senior people are under-skilled and perpetuate the situation by hiring and promoting more people with poor management skills. The consequences are many and varied examples being- people competing instead of working as a team, being defensive and indecisive and decision-making lacking objectivity and adequate preliminary information gathering. This causes significant additional costs to the firm. The practical implementation and maintenance of the firm's stated culture, that is in theory very good but in practice suffers from the same issues. When tested, senior people rather than juniors tend to fall short of standards. Having said that, if you are lucky to get a good line manager, then life-work balance is fine and results are good, failures are few, such that the firm benefits as - more...
Pros
High profile clients, client facing work, the name PwC, the firm's reputation.
Cons
Poor management; Ponderous costly internal firms services, Competitive culture, poor out of date systems.
The company strives to lead in everything it does. Opportunities are abound but you need to continue to “drive” for them. Stress is high but that is consistent in most companies.
I worked in PwC Vietnam for 6 years and I enjoyed working everyday at work. People worked hard, but we all play harder. We supported each other and learned from each other. There always have opportunities for us to develop and grow for career paths.
A great place to work with good career development. You get to work in a team and have the opportunities to work with different client portfolio, enhacing your ability to work flexibly and sharpen your communication skills.
Provide buy side and sell side diligence to private equity and corporate clients across various industries. Management and Partners are great to work for.
It wasnt a great experience with this company although they claim to be the best in the industry. There is a general lack of awareness and growth prospects with PwC
Pros
Not worth it
Cons
Not worth it