Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

QBE Employee Reviews

QBE has been very good with assisting me with career advancement and are open to employees trying new positions that they find to be of interest to them. A typical work day consists of answering multiple referral emails from underwriters around the country wanting new business and renewal terms on mainly large accounts and/or high value trucking units or mobile plant items. Upper management is not fantastic with poor communication to staff. My direct reporting manager has difficulty with her manager, however she is fantastic and keeps me informed on all fronts where she can (or is available to do so). The workplace culture is great. Every one gets along really well, are friends outside of the work place and often go to events on the weekends together. I'd say the hardest part of my role would be not being able to give some underwriters what they want due to account performance, which makes for not a happy broker and not a happy underwriter but as my role consists also to make the Commercial Motor book turn a profit, I need to make the hard decisions. The most enjoyable is when I help an underwriter win a big account and getting involved in the celebrations. Always a good feeling winning a large corporate account and assisting the underwriters.
I experienced that most of the staff members look worried and stressed. Difficult to find anyone ready to help a newcomer. No formal training is provided. No one shows interest in helping anyone. Everyone seems worried about their job security. Most of the senior staff were rude and arrogant. There is a lot of negativity in the company. Would not recommend anyone to work in the company.
Supportive management. Hard-work appreciated and rewarded. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is to be expected from a large company.