Randstad
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Randstad:

Randstad Employee Reviews

New Zealand23 reviews
looking after and teaching children from ages 0-5 basics.
having a lot of patients.

management was always around.

learning each child's attitude and personality, each day was different.

watching the children enjoying themselves.
Pros
lunches
Cons
short hours
We, casual relievers, couldn't get any Wage Subsidy during the lockdown period through Randstad, which made our lives very hard. I asked them why Randstad was not entitled but they didn't explain the details, they just said "unfortunately we are not entitled for the Subsidy." Very unhappy for their way of treating us.
Pros
flexible
Cons
low wage
Randstad is a great recruitment company if you are looking for temporary work. I've already worked for government organizations which have been great experiences. They provide great salary rates and I recommend this recruitment agency to anyone who is currently looking for work,
Pros
Great salaries, build up on CV, meet new people
Cons
nothing
It is flexible and unpredictable life being a relief preschool teacher. Dealing with children and other staff is generally great. Handling serious injuries can be stressful. The bosses are good and the work place is a great environment.
Pros
Cute children and nice work environments
Cons
unpredictable working hours.
In NZ on a working holiday visa. This job was great at it provided flexibility in my scheduling so I could travel when I wanted, allowed me to see more of the city as I would be placed in different locations for the day, 9-5 like work hours and no weekend work. If I did not already have a booking in place (which was quite frequent), I would get up around 7 to get a phone call for a booking for that day. Usually would manage around 30-35 hours of paid work a week. As a relief worker in preschools I worked with a range of ages, but often was asked back at placements allowing you to grow a good connection with the kids. Also - no changing nappies! If I left to travel it always took awhile to build up my hours again, but would usually be back to working 30ish hours in a week or so.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not always consistent work
The consultants will go out of their way to help you find a job. Very understanding. I had a baby and was allowed to take time off and come back to them. Definitely the best Job agency I've ever encountered.
Pros
Drinks on Fridays and free food.
Cons
Randstad is a very organized teachers recruitment company. Hours and location are always flexible and respects staff's preference and hours. They are always friendly and helpful.
I enjoy working for Randstad. They helped me get to where I am today. Exploring different centres and observing how they work as a team has helped me find my place in Early Childhood.
Pros
shifts are good for me
Had to leave my assignment because of missed days had doctors notes for all of the days but still lost my job assignment. Communication between recruiter and job leads and yourself is little to none. Needless to say i was 100% blindsided.
Friendly and approachable staff
Fast and efficient service

Hardworking

Are very concerned about the health and safety of their candidates

Easy locations and fantastic job opportunities
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Safety
Randstad is one of the best place to work for it identifies the talent and gives good scope and fits you were you want to go in future.
Initial interview at MeKesson was fine, warehouse supervisor seemed to be a good guy and had no problems getting off to take care of personal business.
Pros
1 hr paid lunch
Cons
Days when we worked 10 hr overtime
Very Productively experience. Meet with different schools and different children. I also learned multicultural activities and showed them what culture I have. Explore different school places around the country. Benefit from observing different teachers' methods and skills of how to develop children progress
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
As the center changes, the atmosphere changes and we get to learn to survive and to grow. implementing my knowledge gives me pleasure when i work with Randstad.
A fun working environment. Working as part of a team and actually having lots of fun with children.

It can be emotionally and physically tiring some days, because you’re pretty much doing everything for the children that their parents would do – feeding, toileting and so on – but it is so rewarding knowing you are helping them learn skills that they will use for the rest of their lives.
Pros
Seeing a child learn something for the very first time.
Cons
Physical and mental exhaustion. Managing the competing needs of children.
The most enjoyable part of working under this agency is getting up for work everyday. Always keeping myself busy at work and getting the job done at a time frame is always a great day at work. Im a fast learner and likes to learn new things.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Having a day off
Very Good. Excellent employer.Very nice to be recommended to anyone who like to join .
I loved this job and looked forward to going to work every morning. I learned a lot about waste management logistics and working for a transpacific company. I loved the people I worked with and the hours and it was easy to get to work. The management and offices were fairly new because of the earthquakes so everyone was settling in together. I was there to make up the hours of a person who had had to go on half time due to injury. I did the filing, stationery ordering, catering supplies - anything that would help the full time Administration staff be able to focus on the accounting side of things. The hardest part of the job was the noise of working in an open plan office in a heavy industrial area.
Pros
Close to home, lovely and fun co-workers, felt I made a difference
Cons
Noisy environment, short term contract
Great recruitment agency helping their clients find employment
Pros
Good communication
Cons
A typical day involved the company calling me around 7 am to see if I was available to work that day, and if I was, then me going out to the day care center and working a shift to replace whatever staff was absent.
I learned to be adaptable and easy going - there are a lot of different types of childcare centers out there and I had to adapt to their specific teaching style.

I was not involved with management, other than for my interview. And the same goes with my co-workers - I did not see much of my fellow employees because centers generally only needed 1 sub in a day.

The hardest part of my job was learning new rules and never knowing if I was going to get called into work on a given morning.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know certain childcare centers and getting to know the kids I was working with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non-steady work
I worked as a reliever for Randstad. I enjoyed my time working for them and found that I got a long term role quite quickly and was asked back to places frequently.
Pros
woring in a variety of places
Cons
often unpredicatble hours