Randstad Employee Reviews in Wellington City, Wellington

3.3Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
Found 3 reviews matching the search See all 13,998 reviews
Flexible Work Schedule and Fun Times with Kids
Child Care Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington City, Wellington12 November 2018
In NZ on a working holiday visa. This job was great at it provided flexibility in my scheduling so I could travel when I wanted, allowed me to see more of the city as I would be placed in different locations for the day, 9-5 like work hours and no weekend work. If I did not already have a booking in place (which was quite frequent), I would get up around 7 to get a phone call for a booking for that day. Usually would manage around 30-35 hours of paid work a week. As a relief worker in preschools I worked with a range of ages, but often was asked back at placements allowing you to grow a good connection with the kids. Also - no changing nappies! If I left to travel it always took awhile to build up my hours again, but would usually be back to working 30ish hours in a week or so.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not always consistent work
Nice
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Wellington, New Zealand23 August 2013
A typical day involved the company calling me around 7 am to see if I was available to work that day, and if I was, then me going out to the day care center and working a shift to replace whatever staff was absent.
I learned to be adaptable and easy going - there are a lot of different types of childcare centers out there and I had to adapt to their specific teaching style.
I was not involved with management, other than for my interview. And the same goes with my co-workers - I did not see much of my fellow employees because centers generally only needed 1 sub in a day.
The hardest part of my job was learning new rules and never knowing if I was going to get called into work on a given morning.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know certain childcare centers and getting to know the kids I was working with.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
non-steady work